Most people are sure that assembling a toilet bowl is a very complicated process, and this work should only be done by professional plumbers. This is not true. All these manipulations can be done on their own at home, following some tips and recommendations.
Dimensions of the toilet bowl.
Typically, the toilet is installed on a solid concrete or tile base. Fastened with the use of dowels, special screws, bolts or glue. Often a rubber or silicone gasket is laid between the base and the compact itself. More precise attachment methods and a scheme for assembling the toilet bowl are described in the manufacturer's instructions that come with the compact.
It is necessary to strictly follow these recommendations and remember that the warranty for the product will be lost in the following cases:
Instructions for connecting the tank to the toilet bowl.
- if you damage during assembly of plumbing, incorrect installation, alteration of construction and other alterations;
- with other mechanical damages during transportation or operation;
- with improper care, when using dirty water with mechanical impurities;
- when using aggressive chemicals to clean the compact.
- Toilet bowl with a set of fasteners, gaskets and fittings.
- Лента FUМ.
- Hose with braiding for cold water.
- A rigid sewage branch with a diameter of 100 mm.
- Coarse filter if necessary.
- Tile glue.
- If necessary, a sealant or silicone.
- Pipe wrench.
- Set of wrenches.
- Putty knife.
Scheme of assembly and flushing tank.
- Check the level and prepare the floor for installing the toilet, check the supply of cold water, prepare the tap and strainer. The crane is necessary in order that in case of failure of a toilet bowl it would be possible to easily cut off water. For assembly and tightness of the connection, use the FUM tape and rubber gaskets.
- Connect the bowl of the toilet bowl to the sewer pipe. The connection should not interfere with the outflow of water from the plumbing. The higher the release, the better the flushing.
- Make a marking for fixing the base of the toilet bowl. Marking is carried out through the mounting holes for dowels.
- Separate the bowl from the sewer, take a puncher and drill holes for dowels or screws. The diameter of the drill should be the same as the diameter of the dowels.
- Install the bowl and screw it to the floor. To do this, use a set of dowels, bolts, caps and gaskets. For better stability of sanitary ware, it is necessary to smear additionally with a tile or epoxy glue under the base of the toilet. Adhesive is applied with a trowel at the corners with the expectation that the thickness of the layer is not less than 5 mm.
- Verify the settings of all feed and drain mechanisms for compliance with the instructions. If any deviations occur, set them up. The tuning scheme and corresponding recommendations are included in the technical documentation for the valve.
- Mount in the tank all the mechanisms of water drain and supply.
- Correctly connect the flexible hose to the nozzle of the water reclining valve in the tank.
- Insert the fastening elements into the tank holes. Put a rubber gasket to seal the connection between the tank and the bowl. Place the tank on the toilet bowl shelf so that all the fixing bolts enter the holes in the shelf.
- Tighten the mounting bolts until the connection is fully sealed. Tighten the nuts one at a time to avoid breakage of the compact. Watch for gaskets and do not over tighten fasteners.
- Assembly of the seat should not cause any special difficulties. Install the seat and screw it to the bowl, following the instructions of the assembly instructions. Check the seat visually. It should not be swollen, rough and bubbly.
- Connect the flexible hose to the water supply system. Open the water and adjust the working level in the reservoir.
In conclusion, I want to note that great torque and effort in the installation of porcelain and faience plumbing are unacceptable.
This is the instruction. It is necessary to tighten the nut a little - and it will be necessary to assemble behind the new toilet bowl.