When repairing you very often want to save money, money or time. Therefore, glue the wallpaper on tightly adhered to the wall of the former, paint again the already painted surfaces and even reached the tiles. The building regulations clearly state: tiles for similar material are prohibited. But you want to save! Yes, and dismantle the previous coverage - a lot of work will have to be done. This is where homemade masters come to think of it - is it possible to put a tile on a tile, after all, is it theoretically possible? It remains to understand the technique of the process and purchase materials.
The scheme of tiling the bathroom with tiles.
You will need:
- wooden handle;
- building level;
- cement mortar.
According to the technology, it is necessary to clean the surface before laying the ceramic, because it must be monolithic and have a structure different from the tile (rough, porous). The latter is necessary to improve the coupling between the tile and the floor.
Tools for laying tiles.
If in your bathroom the material was laid by professionals, performed the process perfectly correctly, then it is quite suitable as a bearing surface. If everything is exactly the opposite, then the risk is high that it will not withstand the adhesive layer between the old products and the floor. In this case, the tiles can not be placed on the tile strictly - both coatings, old and new, are cracked.
Now let's talk about the coupler. Tile is a material with very few pores through which the adhesive can penetrate to the substrate and firmly connect the previous coating and the new one. Conclusion - you need to make the material more rough, increasing the number of pores. There are three ways for this:
- The simplest is to polish the surface of the old coating with a grinder.
- Apply shallow incision-incisions.
- Application of a primer with the addition of needle quartz or sand. The primer will make the surface rough enough, and to put the tile, you will need a regular glue for laying ceramic products.
In the bathroom, in the kitchen and other rooms, where you want to put the tiles on the tile, these methods are suitable. The best result is obtained when all three methods are used simultaneously.
To the bathroom shone with a new tile, people are ready for anything, but it is necessary to decide at the stage of the idea how much the option of laying on the previous coverage is possible.
Determine whether it is allowed to lay the tile on a tile is not difficult. Read the contraindications for this type of work:
Technology of laying tiles on the floor.
- The former coating has completely or partially peeled off the base. The fault may be poor-quality glue, non-compliance with the stowage rules. In order to find out whether such defects exist, it is necessary to tap the entire surface of the floor in the bathroom with a wooden tool handle and listen to the response sound. As a rule, ringing means emptiness, there was a rattling - the old tile peeled off, a dull sound - the former covering intact and safe and could withstand the weight of the new one.
- Irregularities (elevations over 4 mm) should be checked using a 2 m long strip and a building level. Differences of less than 4 mm can be corrected by applying a primer, it will also serve as an equalizing mixture. In other cases, you can not do without a puncher.
- Cracks covering the tile with a mesh, a clear sign that the coating "grew old," dust accumulated in the cracks, a fungus appeared. In this case, you can not put the tile on the old surface.
- Under the old floor, communications are laid or a warm floor is made, and the inspection holes are not met. In this case, it is necessary to dismantle the old floor covering. If you put the tile is not the same, there may be trouble in the event of damage to communications.
- The floor in the bathroom will be higher than the rest of the floors in the apartment. And in the bathrooms there is a lowering of the floor level, so that when water gets on it, it does not flow throughout the house. Therefore, you can put the material only if the total height is less than or equal to the rest of the floor.
Preparation and laying
All of the above conditions are met and the checks are completed? Feel free to proceed with the preparation and laying of the material. Please note: it is necessary that the temperature in the room is not below +10 degrees, and the floor itself - not below +5.
It is quite easy to put the tile on the tile yourself.
The difference is only in the preparatory work. It is best to start with an outline of the laying plan. Then lay the tile on the tile without glue.
Thus, you will get a complete picture of the future floor and be able to prune the tile in places where it is necessary. Remember: it is necessary to lay a new tile with a displacement relatively old, that is, the seams of the upper layer must pass along the whole tile of the lower one.
Now lay the tile on the tile. As a rule, work goes in this order:
- Checking the old products. Dismantling of detached and broken parts is mandatory. Empty spaces are filled with cement mortar and wait for drying.
- The same grout or glue fill crumbled sutures.
- Peel the surface with a bulgarian and make notches.
- Wash the old coating.
- Cover the previous layer with a primer.
- Apply glue and start laying the material, pressing it a little. Do not forget about the deformation seam around all the tiles.
- Leave until the glue is completely cured.
When you do the work, strictly follow all instructions given by the manufacturer of the materials. In this case you will get an excellent coverage, which you can walk in 3 days. So you got the answer to the question, is it possible to put the tile on the tile.