The color palette of design solutions in the design of the bathroom is diverse. Many when choosing the color of the bathroom are guided only by personal preferences, forgetting about other important factors. A number of simple recommendations of professionals will help you make the right choice in the color design of space.
How to choose the right color for the bathroom
Each color has its own peculiarities of visual and psychological perception of space. Skillfully using color in the design of the bathroom, you can visually increase or decrease the size of the room, create a certain atmosphere.
Things to consider:
- match the chosen color and hue to the size of the room. To adjust the space - this is very important: the smaller the area of the bathroom, the lighter the color scale and the degree of saturation of hues;
- The style of the bathroom should fit into the overall design of the apartment as a whole. A harmonious and correct combination of all decor elements can transform any room;
- individual perception of color, using the recommendations of specialists.
Main characteristics of popular colors and shades
The color design of space is the main component of design. Each color has its advantages and disadvantages. Knowing these features, you can skillfully influence the perception and achieve the desired result.
A universal classic version, which is always relevant. Creates a sense of purity, easily fits into any design decisions. Visually increases the space, so it is ideal for small rooms.
We also recommend:
- Shower cabins - 150 photos of novelties in the interior of the bathroom
- Bathroom cabinet - 70 photos of popular options in the interior
- Tile for the bathroom - modern novelties and photo ideas for the interior
The disadvantage is some coldness of perception. Using other shades of white (milk, pearl), you can add warmth to the sensations.
Strict, elegant and stylish. Refers to the luxury classics for elite interiors. A special chic creates a combination of black with all metallic shades of gold and silver.
In small rooms it looks gloomy and visually reduces the size. Experts recommend to use only for spacious rooms and in combination with other colors.
We also recommend:
- Bathroom Design: TOP 200 photo ideas of a beautiful interior
- Furniture for the bathroom - photos of the best new furniture from the catalog of 2017
- Walls in the bathroom: TOP-120 photos of new designs of perfectly decorated walls in the bathroom
Emits strong energy, raises tone. Excess red can oppress and irritate. It is better to use for large rooms, combining with white, gray, black and metallic colors.
Deeper reds are psychologically perceived better (for example, bordeaux). It is necessary to observe the measure in the use of such energetically active colors.
We also recommend:
- Bath curtain - photo of original bathroom accessories
- Black Bathroom - photo how to design a stylish dark color design for a bathroom
- Corner bathroom: photo overview, advantages, types and characteristics
Is popular. Creates a pleasant positive atmosphere. An overabundance of orange can be tiring. Successfully combined with white, cream, green and blue colors. Usually used in spacious rooms. In small - less saturated shades (for example, peach) are better perceived.
Very harmonious, natural, positive. Has a soothing effect, is one of the best options for decorating the bathroom. In small rooms, it is necessary to use softer shades, combining with light tones of yellow and cream colors. Not very successfully combined with white.
Deep and stylish. Shades of different intensity are used: from blue to dark tones. Light colors soothe, expand space, add freshness, but can be cold and uncomfortable.
The combination with white, beige, golden and wood color adds the necessary warmth to the perception. Dark shades of blue should be used carefully. It is necessary to choose the right shade, following the basic rule: the smaller the size of the room, the lighter the tone.
Use of other shades
In addition to these colors, no less popular are all shades of beige and pink. They are attractive in their own way and are used very often. Sometimes in the bathroom look less popular colors: yellow, lilac, brown. It must be taken into account that each of them emits different energy.
With the right combination of color tiles in the bathroom, plumbing, accessories and decor elements can correct the shortcomings of any room.
Knowing how to choose a color for the bathroom, you can experiment and fill the space of the room with the energy of your favorite color. Harmony of color will give you a feeling of comfort and a good mood!
Interior photo of a bathroom decorated in different colors