Today, many prefer to install a bidet at home, the more modern bathroom layouts make it possible to fit another piece of sanitaryware. The distance between the bidet and the toilet should be carefully thought through. In this case, it is necessary to take into account a number of nuances on which the convenience of using plumbing depends.
The distance between the bidet and the toilet should be comfortable for all members of the family.
Purpose and benefits
The bidet is a low sink, which is used for hygiene purposes: washing the genitals and anus, washing the feet. If the bidet is equipped not only with a nozzle with a fountain, but also a mixer, it can be used for washing small children. The French invention will become an indispensable assistant in caring for the elderly and disabled.
Most often, the bidet is used after visiting the toilet. It is necessary to take into account the location of the toilet bowl relative to the bidet, because you will need to change. For convenience, near the bidet, you should put a small table, bedside table or hang a shelf. They will be able to arrange everything necessary for hygienic procedures: napkins, soap, gels for washing and towels.
The scheme of connection bidet to the sewer.
To date, there are a huge number of bidet designs that differ in color, shape and function. There are four main types:
- Bidet (can be floor or suspended).
- Toilet with bidet function.
- Cover-bidet (attached as a normal toilet seat).
- Electronic bidet (can be additionally equipped with a drying function and a temperature sensor).
In addition to the obvious improvement in hygiene care, the bidet significantly saves water. This fact becomes significant in the context of a constant rise in the cost of tap water.
Before buying plumbing, you need to measure the bathroom and pre-plan the placement of the main products: bath, shower, toilet and bidet. After that, you can safely go for plumbing to the store, where at the same time you will need to purchase the missing tools for installation.
For works on connection and installation of sanitary equipment you will need:
- Plastic dowels.
- Cross-head and flat screwdrivers.
- Adjustable wrench.
- Hammer drill
- Set of wrenches.
- A set of fasteners for the toilet.
- Silicone sealant and a special gun for it.
- Flexible hoses.
- Toilet bowl.
The classical scheme of plumbing in the bathroom.
Special skills for installing the toilet are not required, it will be enough to follow the recommendations clearly. There are no big differences in the installation of toilet bowls of different types.
Stages of work:
- The first step is to clean the sewer pipe. After that, she wears a corrugation.
- We put the toilet on the place that was planned for its installation. Do not forget to put a soft gasket under the toilet leg.
- Using the removable marker mark the fixing points. We move the plumbing aside and with a drill, and preferably a drill with a perforator, drill holes.
- Install the toilet seat in place, screw it with screws.
- The place of connection of the toilet bowl with the floor is covered with silicone sealant.
- We put the corrugation on the sewer pipe.
The standard toilet kit includes a detailed instruction for assembling the tank, which consists of an intake valve, drain valve, shutter release button and special fixing bolts. Therefore, there will be no problems with the tank.
The distance must be calculated in advance, so that it is comfortable not only to sit on the toilet or bidet, but also to change from one to another for hygienic procedures.
From the toilet bowl to the bidet should be a minimum of 40-45 cm.
If the area of the bathroom allows, the distance can be increased to 55-60 cm.
Stages of installation work:
- The work begins with the installation of a mixer, to which a flexible hose connecting the mixer and the water pipe is connected.
- The mixer is attached to the bidet by means of special pins.
- Nuts are tightened with a wrench and then processed with a sealant.
- We connect the corrugated hose to the sewage system, we process the joints with a sealant.
- We put the bidet on the selected place, mark the marker with the drilling location.
- Drill holes for fixing plumbing.
- Under the bidet we put a soft gasket, put it in place and screw it with screws.
- Check the water supply and water tightness.
With the correct placement of plumbing in the bathroom will be cozy and comfortable.