If the mixer breaks in the bathroom, do not rush to change it to a new one. In some cases, plumbing can be repaired. You can do it yourself. It is only necessary to determine the cause of the failure, and then follow the instructions for its elimination.
If the cause of the fault is determined correctly, the mixer can be completely repaired by yourself.
Nut and lever
Most often, leakage from under the nut of a gander arises from the wear of the gasket. To fix this, you will need:
- a new gasket;
- painting tape;
- adjustable wrench.
Having prepared everything you need, you must act according to this instruction:
Diagram of the device of the valve mixer.
- Unscrew the clamping nut, which is fixed to the body of the mixer.
- Carefully remove the gander and set aside.
- Using pliers, remove the worn gasket, and replace it with a new one.
- On the thread of the gander, wind a little tape. This must be done so that there is no re-flow.
- Set the gander back to its original position.
- Tighten the clamping nut and check that the product works.
If you notice leaking from under the lever, then know that the cause of this problem lies in the failure of the cartridge. You will need to replace this product. But first prepare everything you need to repair:
- A new cartridge (should approach the model of your mixer, otherwise you will have to buy another one);
- a screwdriver (hexahedron);
The leakage from the crane lever is most often associated with a malfunction of the cartridge.
Please note that there are different cartridges for plumbing. Therefore, going to the store for a purchase, you should take with you an old product. Then you will not be mistaken in the choice.
The following instruction will help you to remove leakage from the lever:
- Remove the cap from the product lever and unscrew the locking bolt.
- Remove the lever from the mixer and unscrew the cartridge, in which place immediately install a new one.
- Now put the fixing bolt and tighten it securely.
- Install the plug and check the operation of the plumbing.
Leak from the valve
Most often, the flow from under the valve occurs due to the wear of the crane or sealing ring on it. In any case, this mechanism needs to be replaced.
Replacing the gasket in the mixer.
To do this, you will need to purchase a new crane-box. In addition to it, during the repair work you will need:
- adjustable wrench;
Repair the plumbing in the bathroom with such a breakdown will help the instruction:
- From the valve, remove the decorative plug (it can be red or blue) and unscrew the fixing screw with a screwdriver.
- Remove the valve (you may need to use some force to do this) and unscrew the crane, and replace it with a new one.
- On the crane-box install the valve, screw in the fixing screw and put the plug.
Crane repair scheme.
When it is noticed that the switch does not cope well with the switching of the water supply to the shower and the gander, a new gasket should be installed, since such a malfunction arises because of its wear. To repair you, in addition to it, you will need:
- adjustable wrench;
The order of performance of repair work in the bathroom is as follows:
- Remove the decorative cover.
- Unscrew the fixing screw and remove the handle.
- Replace it with a gasket.
- Assemble the assembly in the reverse order and check its operability.
Thus, the mixer is repaired in the bathroom. There is nothing complicated. It is only necessary to prepare all necessary materials and tools in advance, and then follow the instructions given. Then the work done will not cause any complaints. Good luck!