Due to the specificity of the bathroom, someone keeps the door to it constantly open, so that mold and fungus do not start up there. Others install a heated towel rail in the bathroom and receive much more benefits from this. How should towel warmers be installed?
Towel dryer - an indispensable element in the interior of the bathroom, it promotes the rapid drying of towels and clothes, preserves the optimal microclimate in the room.
Which towel dryer to choose?
First of all it is important to decide on the choice of a suitable heated towel rail.
The main points when choosing:
Schemes connecting a heated towel rail.
- The stainless steel towel rail is the most durable. In this case, more reliable products are considered seamless pipes in the classical version (without any jumpers). The merits of stainless steel products are that they do not have a coating - only the polished surface of the case.
- Chromed "dryers" made of brass significantly lag behind in quality (strength and durability of operation).
- Yesterday, heat engineers consider heavy chrome-plated "coils" made of tubular suture steel. If you plan to use the "coil" in the bathroom for more than 1 year, then you can not buy this type of product. It is a well-known fact that after several months of using such "dryers" in curved places, water begins to seep through the seam.
- Buying a battery in the bathroom, it is important to carefully examine it for industrial defects and damage caused during transportation. The widespread marriage of "drier" from stainless steel - its asymmetry (there were inaccuracies in calculations when bending the workpiece or welding). Marriage on the thread can be observed. It is checked by threading the threaded part of the connecting part from the inside: the element without rewind must go to the thread unhindered. If you do not give this nuance of attention, then both threads must be cut before the assembly procedure.
- Very unpleasant may be the unevenness of the straight sections of the "coil" relative to the location in a single plane. It is especially difficult to correct such a defect on pipes with a large diameter.
- Before buying should determine the optimal dimensions (most importantly, with a diameter) products for your own bathroom in the house. The diameter of the pipes "coil" should correspond to the same parameter of riser pipes. This value in the latter in most cases is equal to 2.5 or 3.2 cm. If the d pipes do not coincide, they will have to use adapters, which will not be a complete guarantee of the quality heating of the battery.
Replacing heated towel racks may be advisable on a battery with d three-quarters of an inch. This "serpentine" has a considerable number of advantages over the usual product with d in 1 inch. This low weight, lower price, compactness, etc. The main function (participation in moving air masses in the bathroom and drying towels), this product performs quite successfully.
For larger bathrooms, a battery with a large number of knees is required.
General instructions for installation of heated towel rails
The scheme of fixing the heated towel rail to the wall.
- To replace and install a heated towel rail, first turn off the supply of water to the apartment. Pipes must be empty. In the absence of a valve to shut off water in one apartment, water is temporarily blocked over the entire riser of the building. It is authorized to carry out the sanitary technician from the company serving the house.
- After turning off the water, a place is sought to install the battery, which should not be located more than 2 m from the riser. At a greater distance, the heated towel heater will be less efficiently heated due to insufficient fluid pressure.
- After choosing a suitable location, they go to the pipe joint on the riser and "coil". This stage is very important, because it requires enough smoothness when installing the battery. Otherwise, the "dryer" will simply tear off the water pressure in the pipes.
- The connections of the "coil" and the pipes are sealed by the winding of the thread of the stick. Then it is treated with a sealant. This sealing approach eliminates the leakage of pipes.
- After screwing the pipes of the heated towel rail into the riser pipes, tighten the nuts. In order not to scratch the surface, use a rag. Water is connected a couple of hours after the sealant has hardened.
This completes the replacement of the coil. Good luck in this difficult but useful business!