It is not difficult to assemble the shower enclosure with your own hands, if it includes a clear and understandable instruction with a detailed description of each action. Such guides of their clients are provided by well-known world brands, whose products belong to the middle or expensive price segment. The task is simplified by all sorts of notes and stickers pointing to the top or bottom of the part, its front or back side. Those who, due to shortage of financial resources, had to prefer a Chinese-made shower, such care is not spoiled. All that they have is a page with mysterious letters in Chinese dialect of English, hot enthusiasm and a desire to save by assembling yourself. Next, we'll look at how to assemble a shower cabin, made by Chinese craftsmen, and remain unharmed.
Diagram of the shower enclosure.
First of all, the buyer should make sure that his cabin reached him safely. The weakest link is the glass. The verification is simplified by the fact that the glass for the shower enclosure is tempered, so with strong impacts, they simply crumble into small fragments. If you do not hear rattling when shaking the package, then it's okay with the glasses.
Fittings and fasteners are in a separate box. The absence of several washers of screws or some other trifle has become a good tradition, so it's not worth to be surprised and indignant. Also be prepared for the fact that some accessories will have to be replaced.
Before you collect the shower, you need to prepare a small list of materials and tools:
Elements of a shower cabin.
- Washers for thread M16.
- A quality siphon (the one that comes in the kit, as a rule, you can immediately throw out).
- Sanitary silicone sealant.
- Crosshead screwdriver.
- Set of wrenches.
- Long construction level.
- Some old, but clean clothes that can be disintegrated into rags.
Installing the pallet
Before the operation, wear gloves, otherwise a splinter can be picked up from the fiberglass from which the pallet is made.
Shower tray layout.
- Now it is necessary to twist the long studs into the intended seats for them at the bottom of the pallet. In most models of this class, it is impossible to turn the legs in a strictly vertical position, but there is no special need for this.
- For each pin, screw the nut.
- We put one washer on the nuts.
- Now it is necessary to establish the cross parts of the support frame. In the event that there are noticeable irregularities on the pallet, it is possible to lay gaskets from Penoplex for their compensation under the frame. Please note: the welded lining must be facing away from the pallet. If it is deployed to the pallet, it will be in a partially suspended state due to a skew.
- The central leg should be screwed into the nut, which is welded to the shortest part of the support frame. Then the washer is put on the leg and another nut is screwed, which should be pressed up to the stop. Finally, re-tighten the nut - this will be a support nut for the stem, the height of which can be adjusted with the help of a thread.
- To fix the fixing beams in the pallet are mounted wooden bars, to which the beams are screwed with screws. Bolts of fastening and support can be tightened only after all screws are fully screwed. Otherwise, they can be pulled out of the tree due to skew.
- Now all the metal parts can be painted, without it they will eventually rust.
- The height of the legs should be adjusted using a level and tighten the locknuts, but only slightly, since after installing the tray in place, their height will have to be adjusted a little. It is also necessary to install brackets on the legs, on which the pallet screen will be fastened. With the installation of the screen should not be rushed (contrary to the instructions attached to the cabin instructions), do this only after connecting the cabin to the utility networks and final adjustment of the legs in height.
- We proceed to install the siphon. As already mentioned, the best option is to purchase a full siphon instead of the one that comes with the kit. If you still decided to mount a "native" drain device, then its corrugated hose must be bent in the shape of the letter "U". Such a bend will ensure the formation of a water seal, which will not allow odors from the sewer pipe to penetrate the bathroom through the drain hole of the cabin. Installed on the drain spring-loaded cork with the image of the foot is better immediately dismantled. After a short period of operation, it starts to flounder: pushing it to close the hole, it turns out easily, but to "squeeze" back, you will have to suffer.
Figure 1. Diagram of shower tray installation.
If there is no marking, the upper part of the glass can be determined by a large number of holes. In addition, this part is wider than the lower one and, unlike it, does not have figured cutouts. The glasses have a frame in which the grooves for fixing to the elements of the guard are made.
Pushing the glass, it must be raised and smudged the place, in which it rests, with a silicone sealant. Now the glass can be lowered and secured by tightening the screw on the clamping bracket.
Surplus sealant is best removed with a finger soaked in soapy water. After this place, from where the sealant was wiped out, it is enough to wipe with a clean cloth or napkin. The lower and upper parts of the rack must be screwed to the arch with screws.
Then on the glass it is necessary to put on the sealant of silicone. It is important not to confuse the direction: the seal of the seal should look inwards. Seal the joint sealant should not be. Do not try to get the seal under the clamping bracket, it's unlikely to fit there.
Scheme of communicating with the shower.
Now the fence can be installed on the pallet (Figure 1), previously smearing the last sealant. When applying the sealant, make sure that it does not fill the groove in the sump, designed for water drainage. Do not screw the fence to the pallets with screws.
Attach the side panels to the pallet by screwing them with self-tapping screws and washers. Places of adherence of panels to the pallet and the fence should also be sealed with a sealant. Tighten the "tightly" screws do not immediately follow, since the fastening holes in the panels and the pallet may not coincide. Tighten the fasteners evenly, then the panel will gradually fall into place without stress.
The scheme for installing the rear panel is completely identical to the layout of the side panels.
According to the instruction, when installing the rollers, the upper rollers should be turned up to the stop in the upper direction. Lower - to delay.
On the perimeter of the glass door, a silicone seal should be laid. That part of it, which will be located outside, is laid with a petal on the outside.
Replace the door. After installation, the upper rollers should be adjusted so that the flaps are in the correct position and close properly.
Now, in the mounting holes on the rollers, you can install the caps that cover the heads of the screws.
Mounting the dome
First, fix on the dome a sprayer "tropical rain", a speaker, a fan and lamps. Often, some fixing holes on the dome and the elements do not match. In this case, the screws must be screwed in like a self-tapping screw. The speaker should be placed on the sealant, otherwise it will resonate.
We install the dome on the booth. A long hose is screwed to the nozzle nozzle "tropical rain". Next, you need to install shelves, mirrors and handles.
If you work alone and there is no one to hold the elements to be installed, they can be glued to the installation site with a sealant.
Connect the cabin to all communications. Threaded connections must be sealed with a stick or a tape. With the seal, you should be careful, its number should not be too large, otherwise the sleeve may burst during tightening. It is better to first lay a small volume of the seal, tighten the bushing and check the connection for leaks. If they are, then you need to add a little sealant.
Installing the screen
Before installing the screen, you need to adjust the position of the shower legs. After that, you can stand in the pallet and walk along it. If the tray "plays" or crackles, therefore, the height of the legs does not match the unevenness of the floor. After the final setup, you can install the screen. If desired, the legs can be fixed on the floor with screws or installed on a sealant.
The assembly is complete. It remains to check the tightness of all connections and you can take a shower.