Installation of sanitary equipment both in the kitchen and in the bathroom premises implies connection not only to the water pipe, but also to the sewer pipe. Most owners of apartments and houses mistakenly assume that the task connected with the connection must necessarily be performed by professionals. In fact, the installation of the siphon is not so complicated and no special tools and a lot of time are required for the installation. After reading the following, everyone will be able to find an answer to the question of how to connect the siphon to the sink.
Types of siphons.
Types of siphons
First of all, you need to select the siphon itself correctly to ensure long-term and high-quality operation of sanitary ware. There is a big difference between the designs for draining in the bathroom bowl and siphons for connecting the kitchen sink. There are the following options for siphons for the washbasin in the bathroom and the bathtub itself:
Connecting the bottle siphon.
- Bottle type construction. This product has enough large dimensions, so this type of siphon is chosen taking into account the fact that there will be enough free space under the sink. The advantages of the design include the presence of the shutter, the provision of self-cleaning in a regular mode, the device of overflow. In addition to these functions, this type of construction allows you to connect a sewage drain, not only to the sink, but also to the washing machine and dishwasher.
- Corrugated siphon. Such a product can complement the kitchen sink, bath and washbasins of various types. This design is endowed with one drawback associated with the complexity of cleaning the sewage system, which is possible only with the use of special equipment. The advantages include flexibility, which allows the installation of a siphon in the most inconvenient places.
- Tubular construction. This type of product is intended to create a sewer drain from shower trays and a bathtub.
Bottle and Knee Structures
To connect the washbasin in the room for taking water procedures, that is, in the bathroom, professionals advise using a still siphon bottle type. To understand why this type is preferable will allow consideration of the composition and features of this type of equipment.
Scheme of assembling a sink with a siphon.
Connecting a siphon of this type - the operation is simple and can be done by the owners themselves. The installation procedure is the connection of the device with one end to the drain of the washing or bathtub, and the second - to the outlet of the sewer pipe.
The very design of the product is extremely simple, and care for it is not particularly difficult. The main thing in the installation process is to make sure that all rubber sealing gaskets are installed and not lost or forgotten. This moment is very important, not so much for the installation process as for the convenience and comfort of operation in the future, because such rubber products will ensure the absence of leakage of sewage.
For kitchen sinks the best choice is a knee siphon made of metal or plastic. Installation of this type of construction as a whole practically repeats the connection of the bottle siphon. The difference is that instead of an element, which is just called a bottle, you need to install a curved element of a hard type, called a knee.
The uniqueness of this design is that it can be installed only on condition that the sewage pipe is located in the wall.
The subtleties of the process
The distinctive features of the arrangement of the drain siphon to the bathroom lie primarily in the fact that the bathroom has not one, but a pair of drain holes. One of them, as expected, is located at the bottom of the bowl, and the second is installed on the front side at the top of the product. It is this second product that protects the bathroom from overflow. The siphon for connection of a bowl for a bath to the water drain consists of such components, as:
Installation of plastic siphon.
- corrugated flexible plastic tube, which is located on the outside of the wall of the product to ensure the drain of used water directly into the sewer pipe;
- polymer bowl, which allows to equip the drain on the bottom of the bathroom;
- A connecting branch pipe, allowing to provide connection of a siphon and the water drain.
For the production of mounting no specialized tools are required, in the production process, you will need:
- Corrugated tube.
- Silicone sealant.
- Adapter-coupling made of rubber.
- Mount or tape.
Differences in the process of connecting the sink from the arrangement of drainage in the bathroom is that before installing the siphon itself, you must install a rim of metal on the drain hole in the upper part of the bathroom. After this item is installed. it is to it that the siphon is attached using a specialized bolt. As soon as these manipulations are completed, the assembly of the product is assembled and the process of connecting the structure to the central sewerage system.
Connecting to the sink
To arrange the connection of the sink in the kitchen and its subsequent comfortable operation, it is recommended to use products with a drain hole of 3.2 cm in diameter. It is these hole parameters that are considered to be the most convenient and compact at the same time, in addition, this parameter allows easy installation of the siphon for various washers, as well as ease of subsequent operation.
Before taking on the installation of the product, you should first get acquainted with its device. Any siphon for connection of kitchen sinks in the kitchen is a product consisting of such components as:
- Plastic plastic branch pipe, completed with a metal insert;
- gasket for the branch pipe, made of latex;
- Nuts with a diameter of 3.2 cm of plastic;
- cuff-skirt made of elastic and soft plastic, with a hole in it of 3.2 cm in diameter;
- a long screw made of steel;
- a cover for the drain part, also made of steel;
- the body of the product, called a bottle;
- the lower plug;
- rubber gasket in the form of a ring;
- drain plug, bill of lading.
During the installation of siphons of this kind on the sink or washbasin, the maximum attention should be given to such a parameter as the tightness of each joint of the structure.
Installing the articulated P-siphon.
The process of installing the siphon on the sink can be divided into the stages:
- To begin with, it is necessary to attach the bottom plug to the right place, exactly where the design will have an unchanged pressure level. In the process of acquiring the siphon, many professionals recommend unscrewing this plug to make sure of its quality and absence of chips.
- In the second stage, the lower surface of the product should be checked, which will just fit into the housing. The surface of this thread must be free of burrs. It is for this reason that equipment for installation at home should be carefully checked and viewed right in the store where it is purchased.
- In the special design groove a rubber lining of small thickness is installed, in the form of a ring, after which the surface is carefully treated with a mixture of silicone sealant. Necessarily, working with this mass, grab the composition and the lower area.
Installation of siphons for draining liquids from the sink assumes quite a rigid installation.
But in the modern market, you can meet with nozzles and hoses that have a flexible corrugated structure, such products are stretched to the required size, but at the same time they have the necessary density and ability to keep the shape. For installation work, you can use nozzles 3,2, 4 and 5 cm in diameter or even buy universal, which are suitable for connecting almost any design. The installation of such a product is made directly to the thread using a union nut. It is the nut that makes it possible to connect the branch pipe to the siphon thread using a flat lining.
The normal functioning of both the kitchen sink and the bathroom bowl and wash basin is impossible without a siphon, and its correct installation will ensure the comfort of using such kind of sanitary parts. In the modern market of building materials, you can meet with a variety of designs that are suitable for different tasks. But for shells and kitchen sinks, bottle-type products with a drain hole of 3.2 cm in diameter are still preferable. It is easy to mount such a product with your own hands for a small amount of time.