How to fix the toilet? What to do? To understand that the toilet bowl has broken, it is possible by the incessant murmur of water in the tank. To get rid of such trouble, it is necessary to replace its internal reinforcement. The following will highlight the questions of the correct choice of spare parts and will teach you how to fix the toilet bowl correctly. Usually the repair of this plumbing fixture seems to be something serious and difficult. In fact, everything is different: this work is carried out in a short time, installation is easy and at ease.
To remove the lid from the tank, it is enough to unscrew the water drainage lever.
Problems in work
As soon as the toilet bowl starts to malfunction, you should check its functionality. Carry out such manipulations carefully, so as not to break the fragile coating of porcelain or faience.
The signs of a malfunctioning operation of the sink are as follows:
- the system is not filled with water;
- Continuous flow of liquid from the toilet;
- overflow of the tank.
Any capacity for a toilet bowl consists of 2 internal components:
- a filling valve that allows water to enter the vessel;
- drain column, which allows the removal of liquid into the toilet hole;
Devices of the first and second items constitute the reinforcement of this design. Each of the manufacturers produces original products, differing in design features, different configurations and shades. However, they are all universal and fulfill one mission.
Scheme of the flush tank.
- The water in the tank does not match the set level.
Insufficient height of the liquid promotes poor-quality washing of a toilet bowl, excessive - leads to superfluous expense of water and to overflows that threatens a flooding of neighbors from the bottom floors.
- the lack of a stable pressure in the system, which leads to an improper valve operation;
- poor water quality, insufficient work of filters, causing jamming of parts and blockages.
It is necessary to remove the lid of the tank and thoroughly clean the lime deposits with a brush with a rigid pile. Resistant, stale dirt is well removed by hydrochloric acid, filled in a container with a toilet cleanser. A radical means for cleaning the inner base of the tank will be to apply a layer of oil paint on its surface.
- Curvature of the float.
Drain tank with shelf.
The improper arrangement of this part contributes to the leakage of water and the inability to keep it in the bowl.
- wear of the water level regulator;
- incorrect installation of a floating element;
- moving the float as a result of a sudden change in water pressure;
To understand how to fix the toilet itself in this case, it is necessary to dismantle it and assemble it again. The float must not touch the sides of the tank and the overflow. The valve must also be in the normal position.
- Absence of tightness at the float.
This part begins to collect water and sink to the bottom.
Base: mechanical defects, dilapidated float.
This part should be removed from the body, dried and sealed. However, such measures will bring only temporary relief from the problem. As a permanent option, a complete replacement of the float should be chosen.
- Change the position of the drain button.
Flow chart of the float valve.
As a result of constant exposure to this part of the drain system, its displacement occurs. She needs repair.
Base: excessive force application to act on the lever.
Remedy: Adjust its position to ensure a free movement of the button.
Important! During the repair work, the water supply must be discontinued. Such actions will help to protect the check valve from breakages!
- Loss of flexibility with rubber products.
The basis: constant operation leads to a gradual wear of the parts, as a result of which the water from the tank begins to undermine, there are overflows, the fastening elements loosen the bowl.
Gaskets must be completely replaced with new ones. As a temporary option, treatment with a sealant for sanitary purposes is suitable. To seal problem areas should only after thorough drying. As soon as the composition is applied, it must be dried for a specified time, otherwise there will be a flaking of the substrate.
The scheme of installation and connection of a drain tank.
Recommendations of specialists: it is forbidden to degrease the surface with solvents such as acetone, white spirit, solvent. It quickly destroys the polymers, and causes deformation of the parts.
- Flow of the tank at the junction points.
To understand how to fix a toilet in this case, it is necessary to understand the reasons that caused such a transformation. In the process of periodic use, there are deformations of the thread. This part can crack and break off. And the plastic very quickly breaks down because of its fragility and rigidity. Fasteners require replacement.
To solve the problem, you can use the sizing and soldering of parts. If necessary, a new element is installed.
To fix the plastic thread, you can not use a wrench, this will lead to its quick breakage. It is twisted manually, when a leak occurs, you can use a sealant or silicone gasket.
During the repair, you may need to replace the tank valve.
Adjusting the level
The toilet bowl should contain enough water for a proper discharge. Regardless of the level of pressure in the system, leaks are completely eliminated. Actions:
- Unscrew the adjusting nut of the float.
- This part should be moved slightly below the level and fixed with a nut.
- Carry out the start-up of water and once again dial it. The liquid should not reach the overflow neck by 2 cm.
- Control the subsequent filling of the tank without interfering with the process.
- Follow the water level for 5 minutes. Possible transformations indicate a malfunctioning system.
- Increasing the pressure in the pipes will cause the liquid to rise by 1 cm. Accordingly, lowering the head will cause it to lower. Such observations will avoid possible overflows.
Replacement of fittings
Often, the toilet bowl requires the replacement of worn out components.
Scheme of the drain mechanism.
To do this, you need to get rid of old parts, for example, a jellied valve or a drain column. Similar work begins with water overlapping or turning off the branch of the water pipe. The remaining water in the tank must be drained into the toilet.
- Disassembly of the button. It can simply be unscrewed from the lid or turned out in a certain direction. The lid can be removed easily.
- In the central part of the tank there is a drain column, on the side - a filling valve. Further, the eyeliner is turned away.
- The demountable drain column is represented in two parts. Dismantling the upper part will save many problems and simplify the work. It should be rotated by 90 ° and flipped off from the bottom. It is easily removed. The other part of the column remains in the tank. As you can see, it connects to the toilet with bolts.
- At the bottom of the bowl, the fixing nuts are loosened. All procedures are done manually, without the use of tools. That the remaining water does not leak out, you can take rags and put it in the right place.
- The tank rises and fits on the toilet. Now it can be easily repaired. A sealing gasket is observed in the seat.
- The disassembly of the tank can then be carried out without disconnecting the connections. Hoses with a flexible base are screwed manually, wrenches are used in rare cases.
- The nuts securing the column and the valve are loosened.
- The tank is freed from the internal reinforcement. Next, you can install new parts. Assembly steps are carried out in the reverse order. However, the gasket in the tank and toilet bowl is put on the fixing nut even before the installation begins. All works are carried out in a short period, within 5-10 minutes by hand. In rare cases, you should use a wrench.
Correct and timely fixing the toilet bowl will reduce the cost of used water, will avoid flooding neighbors. On how to fix the toilet bowl, regardless of the existing problems, was described in detail above. Now you can not be afraid of the problems that have arisen and to carry out timely observation and repair work.