Plastic panels are so firmly and decisively entered the life of modern people that they have become perfect substitute for any marble and tile coatings that are distinguished by monolithic and stable. Combining the functions of practicality and high degree of moisture resistance, such coatings perfectly decorate walls and ceilings in rooms with high humidity. They are often seen in the premises with a swimming pool, a bathroom, a shower. These materials are distinguished by a unique and simple way of installation. To understand how to fix wall panels in the bathroom, you should study the features of the installation, stock up on the necessary attributes and your own desire for work.
Bathroom decoration with wall panels is one of the most economical and fastest ways to design a bathroom.
Bathroom placement makes special demands on the selection of materials, most often plastic is used here. This universal raw material has such advantages as:
- There is no need for preliminary work, installation is quick and easy.
- The strength of the wall covering.
- Cover any defects of the wall, perfectly decorating its surface.
- Under them, you can place electrical wires.
- Do not burn in the sun, show resistance to any external influences.
- Provide protection from extraneous sounds.
- They keep the heat well, do not support the combustion process.
- Do not dampen, staunchly tolerate temperature fluctuations.
- Any contamination is easily removed with a damp cloth.
- A wide variety of color palettes.
- Affordable cost.
- The close arrangement of the panels and their impermeability create a common cloth in the design of the room.
However, the wall panels during the installation somewhat reduce the useful area of the room. To get rid of such a defect the choice of finer slats will help.
Tools for mounting panels in the bathroom.
Any person can carry out the installation of this facing material. To do this, you need the following tools:
- a hammer;
- spatula with a ridged edge;
- eye protection glasses.
The old covering of the walls must be thoroughly cleaned, after which the crate is made on wooden slats. They, in turn, are pre-treated with any waterproofing agent. On the eve of the installation, the wall panels should be kept in the room for complete acclimatization of the material. The connecting points of these slats should not be damp and dirty.
Forming of a roofing
The presence of perfectly flat surfaces in the bathroom, corners gives a basis for fixing this material directly to the wall with specially designed glue. If even minor irregularities are present, it is advisable to install a crate, which will serve as a basis for future panels. It can also be made of metal racks with a section of 10 × 30 mm.
The scheme of the wall battens.
To start work, you should carefully measure the area of the bars of the vertical arrangement. At considerable roughnesses under a board pieces of wood are put, therefore the impeccably equal covering turns out. Slats of transverse position are placed at a distance of 30 cm. The lower bar should be flush with the floor, and the upper one - touching the extreme point of the panel.
As fasteners, screws or nails are taken. Once the crate has been put in place, it is possible to install guide bars and fittings. They are needed in order to hide the corner joints of the panels. The place where the wall panels touch the floor is covered with a plinth. On sale there are options with a special storage for electrical wires. To fix the guides, take nails and screws.
Execution of panels
To work on the installation of plastic panels proceed from the corner points of the room. The installation process consists of successively cutting off the excessively long casing and fixing it with the guides.
It is most convenient to start work from the door leaf.
The first panel is fixed by the butt part to the outside, where it is connected to the other groove, which provides the maximum convenience in the process of installation. Fixation is due to the use of screws or screws. As an analogue, you can take a construction stapler. As soon as one of the panels is fixed, you can put another one.
Wall panels are cut with a stationery knife using a ruler. Most often, the last bar needs this, which does not fit in size. To make the cut as accurate as possible, you need to measure the upper and lower distance from this point to the nearest panel when approaching the corner. Similar marks are made on a new path. Between these points, a line is drawn along which the panel is trimmed.
Variants of fastening of PVC panels.
As a cutting tool you can take a hacksaw with frequent prongs. At the time of cutting, you need to monitor the integrity of the protective film, which will help to maintain an attractive appearance of the material.
In any bathroom there are always pipes, drainage system, which prevent installation. In order for the envelope line to turn out to be attractive and neat, one needs to take one bar, attach it to the desired point and draw a line of cut with a pencil. The stock in this case is not recommended, but the excess should not be cut off. It is desirable to repeatedly try on the panel, getting rid of the interfering elements.
To ensure that the joints of these decorating strips are most closely connected, a sealant is often used, spreading it in a thin and even layer. Such measures will protect the walls of the bathroom from penetration of moisture on its base. And it, as is known, creates favorable conditions for the reproduction of the fungus.
Upon completion of all installation work, decorative decoration of the door and corner areas is carried out. For such purposes, corners and ebbs of plastic are used. Corner is used where panels and tails are joined. It is pre-coated with glue on a water-resistant base and set in place after 15-20 minutes. Angles allow you to smooth the connection points of the skin in the corners of the room.
Places of combining the floor, walls and ceiling are often made using skirting boards. They can be plastic or wooden. This detail, made of polystyrene, is used for the lining of the ceiling zone, where the risk of damage is minimized. They are fixed simply: in the formed gap between the frame and the bar by snapping.
At the time of installation of the facing material, the following measures should be discarded:
- Remove the protective film layer from the surface of the panels.
- Inflexion, deform the panels, giving them a crumpled and ugly look.
- At the time of fixing the plastic tracks, use nails and a hammer. In another version with the bar you have to say goodbye.
- Carry out marking with sharp objects, for such purposes there are carpentry pencils and markers, which are quite simply erased with a regular sponge.
- PVC panels are easily sawed with an ordinary hacksaw with frequent teeth that are within 1 mm.
- Do not cut the tracks from the wrong side, which will avoid burrs along the edge of the facing material.
- At the time of surface cleaning, chemical components are not used. Features of care are indicated in the attached instructions. Typically, these coatings are treated with a slightly damp soft cloth.
The process of installing plastic panels is not difficult and does not require special skills. In order to carry out quality assembly, it is necessary to stop the choice on the most successful version of the materials and act according to the advice given.