Installation of the siphon on the bath can be done without the help of plumbing. In order for the installation to be successful, it is enough to have a minimum knowledge in the sanitary industry, purchase a quality siphon for a bath and stock up a small set of tools.
Before installing the siphon, check the details for the strength of the threads, the presence of gaskets, the absence of rejection.
Select an item
Siphon - this is part of the drainage of the bathroom, which is responsible for draining the water. Conditionally it is possible to distinguish in the design of the siphon four functional parts:
The device is a typical siphon.
- Plumper neck. This is the part that is installed on the bath (in the hole on its bottom).
- The overflow neck. Unlike the previous one, it is installed in a hole in the wall of the bathtub. This part of the siphon is responsible for regulating the amount of water and diverting it to the sewer to avoid overflow.
- Directly siphon. It can be made in various forms, but the classical version is a branch pipe of a curved shape, in which there is always a small amount of drain water. Thanks to the liquid, the odor from the sewer is blocked. When choosing a branch pipe, it is better to give preference to deep models that contain about 400 ml of water. The pressure in the sewer can suck the water out of the small pipe, and the smells of the sinks will fall into the bathroom.
- The hose connecting the overflow hole with the siphon. To the connecting parts it is possible to include a branch pipe, which performs the combination of a siphon and a sewage system. It can be rigid or corrugated. In the first case, the advantage is reliability, and in the second case - the convenience of installation and the possibility of length adjustment.
Before installing the siphon in a bath, you need to familiarize yourself with the available models and choose the most suitable one. Based on the design features, the siphons are divided into two categories: an ordinary siphon with a stopper and a drain-overflow (automatic). The second option is more convenient: the cork in it opens and closes automatically with the help of the lever on the bath. Conventional models can differ insignificantly from each other by the shapes of the nozzles, the type of gaskets and the details by which the device is connected to the sewage system.
Mounting on the bathroom
Everyone who asks himself how to install the siphon, it is necessary to look at the proposed instruction. Despite the existing differences in the configuration or technical features of different types of siphons, their installation is almost identical.
If the dismantled drainage system is not plastic, but cast iron or metal, then before you replace it, you need to stock up on tools. You will need:
- A small Bulgarian or cloth for metal (in the case of cast-iron siphon);
- cross-shaped and flat screwdrivers;
- hammer (for working with a metal siphon);
- silicone sealant;
- a set of hexagons and a flat screwdriver of small dimensions (to install an automatic siphon).
Instructions for installing a siphon for a bath:
Scheme of installation of a siphon for a bath.
- If you install the siphon in place of the previous one, the old system must be removed and the installation area - thoroughly cleaned and prepared. This is required to ensure that the new gaskets lie down as tightly as possible and can fulfill their mission.
- At the first stage, it is necessary to fasten the lower drain neck to the bath. It is necessary to enclose the gasket in the lower overflow and press it against the drain hole. From the inside of the bath, the neck is fixed with a second gasket and a screw. Tighten the fastening by holding the two gaskets with a screwdriver. When fixing the screw, it must be taken into account that the system is made of plastic. It can be tightened when a leak occurs.
- Installation of the side overflow neck should be carried out on the same principle.
- The drain and overflow are connected by a corrugated hose. You can not cut it or make it shorter. Corrugated structure allows you to achieve the required length and curved shape. If the kit contains a nut, it should be remembered that it is first worn on the corrugation, and then already - the gasket.
- Installation of the water seal is simple. When performing this stage of the installation, it is better to check the hermetic connections once more. On the siphon it is necessary to put a hose or a branch pipe, which will connect it to the sewage system.
- Next, you need to attach the pipe to the sewer.
- When the installation of the siphon is completed, you need to verify the integrity of the structure and the quality of the assembly. To do this, more than 1/3 of the bath fill with water, open the drain and carefully inspect the siphon connections for leaks.
Kinds of sanitary siphons.
There are rules according to which the siphon is installed on the bath. One of them is that you must carefully study the instruction before installation. It is there that describes the features of the acquired model and the nuances of installation and operation.
In the presence of roughness near the holes on the bath or burr on the gaskets, they must be sanded with sandpaper to an ideal smoothness. Before tightening the siphon, you need to check if there are any displacements of the gaskets.
The opening of the discharge into the sewage system should be no more than 15 cm from the level of the floor or the bottom point of the bottom of the bath.
It should be remembered that the slope of the drainage pipe into the sewage system should be calculated, starting from 1 cm per 1 m of pipe length. This will ensure the highest quality discharge of water. In diameter, the drain pipe must be at least 50 mm.
The conical gaskets are installed with the sharp edge of the nut. It must be placed inside the opposite element with a thin edge. Violation of this rule is a common mistake, because of which it is necessary to call plumbing.
If the gaskets are new and soft, they do not need additional lubricant sealant, otherwise this step is necessary.
It is not difficult to mount a siphon on a bath by yourself if you follow the recommendations listed and carefully read the instructions.