The shower is becoming an increasingly popular element of the bathrooms. This design is able to save a large amount of space, often the cabin is the main element of the bathroom. It is quite easy to perform the self-assembly and installation of the shower enclosure with your own hands, but it is important to know some of the nuances. From the correct installation of the structure will depend on its functionality and durability. Today you can find a lot of videos, but most often they are a guide to installing a particular model.
The shower cabin takes up much less space in the bathroom than the bath.
Before installing the shower, it is recommended that you read the instructions from the manufacturer. This way you can avoid a large number of errors.
If you plan to install a construction of this type in place of the bath, then no permits are needed. If the plans to install a shower cubicle next to the bathroom, it will be necessary to coordinate such a reconstruction of the room with the introduction of all the necessary changes in the plan of the BTI. This is due to the fact that an additional water point will be installed in the room.
The device of a shower cabin.
In most cases, corner shower enclosures are used. This design consists of the following elements:
- Back wall.
- Side walls.
- The doors.
- Stands that are installed vertically.
It is premature to take care of the presence of all the necessary elements. To install the shower, you need to prepare the following tools:
- adjustable wrench;
- building gun;
- electric drill;
- silicone-based sealant;
- sharpened knife;
You will also need to purchase a sufficient number of nuts, screws and washers.
Stages of installation
The first step is to assemble the cabin without the use of silicone sealant. As a result, there will be an opportunity:
- to understand how to fix the cabin without errors;
- check the presence of all elements;
- check all holes;
- replace the elements with a marriage.
Pallet mounting scheme.
The installation of the shower enclosure must begin with the assembly of the pallet. However, it is advisable to install a water drainage system with the help of prepared hoses before installing the pallet. Install it in such a way that the outlet to the sewer is located under the drain hole.
The pallet should be collected as high as possible. Virtually all the designs are equipped with legs that need to be leveled. Further, a hose for drainage of water is attached - one of its ends is fixed to the pallet, and the other one needs to be taken out into the drain hole. It is worthwhile to take care of the installation of the tee, since several drains will have to be connected to the drain system at the same time. Further, the reliability of the joint gasket is checked.
The installation is carried out as follows:
- The first thing the pallet is installed on the legs.
- After this, the design should be leveled and horizontally, by tightening the screws for adjustment.
- If the pallet does not have legs, then it will be necessary to level the floor with a cement screed.
- After that, the facing is tiled.
Sequence of assembly
If acrylic is used as the material for the pallet, then you need to pay attention to the frame. The technology of mounting a structure with a pallet of this type implies the presence of several beams for support and an additional leg, which is located in the central part of the pallet.
If there is no such frame, then it will be necessary to further strengthen the structure with a concrete cushion.
Before installing the cab, you will need to check the connection of the pallet with the drainage device for leaks.
After installing the pallet, check the tightness of the connection to the drainer.
To do this, pour the water into the drip tray, plugging the drain hose before it. Next, you will need to check if the hose gets to the sewer. This device must be tilted.
You will definitely need to install a tee for water, into which the cabin itself will be connected. To seal the joints, a silicone-based sealant, a patch or a FUM tape can be used. Any of these materials can easily be found in a building supermarket.
For shower cabins you need a separate outlet. Place the socket in such a way as to eliminate the tension of the wire. It is recommended to place the connection point behind the shower cabins. If the design does not provide a rear wall, then the socket can be located on the side of the cabin.
The next stage is the installation of panels and glass fences. The first step is to inspect all the glass elements for damage, then determine their upper and lower parts. This can be done by counting the number of holes in each of the parts - at the top there should be more. The sequence of installation of the walls of shower cabins of different manufacturers may differ.
The scheme of installation of guides for the shower.
The design of a small thickness is the lower guide, and the product of large thickness is the upper guide.
After this, it will be necessary to insert the glass into the guides, lubricating pre-joints with silicone sealant. The screw that is located on the presser foot is then fixed. With the help of self-tapping screws, the guides with the stand in the upper and lower parts are fixed, after which the sealing elements are put on the glass elements.
Under the lower guide, it will be necessary to apply the sealant to the pallet, then install the remaining glass. In the process of applying the sealant, you must ensure that it does not fall on the ledges in the tray, which will drain water.
With the help of self-tapping screws and small washers, it is necessary to attach the side panels to the pallet, for this purpose special holes are located in the structure. In the process of the joint, it is necessary to treat with silicone sealant. At the next stage the rear flap is fixed with screws, all joints are also treated with silicone.
It happens that the fastening elements that come with the shower cabin are unreliable. In such cases, it is recommended to purchase quality devices and use them instead of standard ones.
The nuances of the process
It is not recommended to tighten all self-tapping screws at one time, as some of the holes may not match. It will be necessary to leave a small slit in order to be able to carry out the adjustment in the future.
The metal of the cabin is fragile, so do not press too hard on it.
The next step will need to check the operation of electrical appliances. Next, you need to wait a bit until the sealant completely withers.
You should take into account the nuances:
Scheme of connection and outputs of communications on the shower.
- The bathroom is a dangerous place in which it is not allowed to find any switching shields, chokes and other devices.
- To protect residents from an electric shock and save the functionality of the design, you need to protect it from sudden voltage drops. To do this, it is recommended to install a switch with a device to turn off the power. In this case, you can use a differential automaton.
- Installation of the outlet should be done from the back side of the cabin. This construction must be of a closed type, protected from moisture and dust.
- The shower enclosure must be earthed. In most cases, a metal pallet is used as a grounding electrode.
The shower cubicle must be connected to the water supply. In this case, the following recommendations should be adhered to:
- Preferably, flexible hoses are used - they are easy to install, and they are easy to use.
- To simplify installation, it is worthwhile to take care of the hose stock along the length. In the future, you can check the posting.
- In most cases, hot and cold water connection points are indicated by dots of the corresponding colors.
- To ensure the functionality of the whirlpool, you need to determine the value of the fluid pressure and pressure, otherwise this function will not work.
Installation of shower doors.
After the sealant hardens, it will be possible to proceed with the installation of glass doors for shower cabins:
- First of all, the lower and upper rollers are fixed.
- All sealing elements are inserted.
- Installation of doors is carried out.
- Doors are adjusted so that the doors dock with each other. In this case, you need to use the top rollers.
- On the screws that fix the rollers, you will need to put on plastic caps.
- At the end, the doors are checked. If necessary, they can be adjusted.
The installation of shower cabins at this stage is over, it remains only to attach the roof. This element is inserted into special holes and fixed with suitable fasteners.
If a speaker is provided in the roof of the structure, it is recommended to glue it with silicone. This is necessary in order to avoid the buzz during the work.
After that, shelves, handles, mirrors and other devices are installed.
After you have completed the installation of the shower, be sure to check it for leaks.
Do not forget about commissioning. They are performed as follows:
- Check the tightening of the hoses on the hoses.
- Using a wrench, all nuts are checked.
- The water system is checked for correct operation.
- Seals the shower enclosure.
- Next you need to go into the design and look a little bit. If the tray is popping, it means that the legs are not in the same plane.
- To increase strength, it is recommended to treat the legs with a sealant or to strengthen them with self-tapping screws.
The speed of the assembly of shower cabins will depend to a greater extent on the skills of the constructor and the level of communication preparedness for installation. Collecting such structures is not difficult, if you follow the sequence of actions.