In many dwellings, the bathrooms are very small, so the installation of any equipment in them is difficult. In particular, the bathroom is the best place to install a washing machine in it, but in some houses it is physically impossible to implement such an option. That's why the owners find the optimal solution, for example, installing this kind of unit under the sink. This not only simplifies access to some necessary functions, but also helps to free up precious space.
Washing machine, installed under the sink, significantly saves the space of the room.
Naturally, the washing machine can be put in a completely different place, because, in addition to the bath, there are many free rooms in the house. But the whole point is that it is not advisable to install a washing machine in any other room, since it is the bathroom that has all the necessary communications that greatly simplifies washing. Plus, installing a washing machine in the bathroom, the owners of the house will save themselves a lot of additional costs and problems, such as bringing the communications to the device. That is why in modern homes a washing machine is put in the bathroom, because not everyone can create separate rooms for this purpose, in which all the equipment necessary for washing will be located.
Purchase of equipment
If it is necessary to install a washing machine under the washbasin, one should take into account the fact that experts recommend this method at the very last turn, when there are no other options left. In any case, do not consider this option as the main one.
As practice shows, installing a washing machine under the sink can save a lot of space in the room and even create a more valuable design. However, in this case, do not forget that all the necessary components involved in this process must be carefully selected and assembled.
Choice of washing machine
Dimensions of the washing machine for installation.
Choosing the unit for washing with the subsequent specific installation of such a plan, it must be remembered that in this case there can be no question of some standard and everyday solutions. We'll have to carefully select the car, so as not to lose with the choice.
- In the modern market there are many washing machines of the "mini" class, which will ideally fit under the sink. It makes sense to argue that such products were created for similar purposes. As a rule, their height varies within the limits of 60 cm, and the depth - from 34 to 43 cm.
- It should be borne in mind that the above device is not suitable for a large family, because only 3 kg of laundry can be loaded. For this reason, some disregard all the advice and acquire a standard model. In this case, you need to look closely at the machines, which are not very wide, but also do not forget about the sink from above.
- The average height of all components will vary within 80 cm. If the person is higher, this parameter should be increased. In no case do you need to take components at random, because then you can easily miscalculate with a choice.
Options for use
You should take care of a special sink, under which the whole unit will be installed. After all, the usual option here just does not fit.
Correct and incorrect installation of the washing machine under the sink.
- Such shells have a very interesting and fair name - a water lily. As a rule, they represent a bowl of a flat or even a square structure, which has a depth of 18 to 20 cm. Shells of this plan can be found in completely different manufacturers. It is worth noting that domestic counterparts are in no way inferior to foreign ones.
- You can go shopping and find a washing machine where the sink comes complete, that is already installed above it. This option will be ideal, because in this case, both components are perfectly combined with each other. The whole complexity of this choice lies in the fact that such a "tandem" is rather difficult to find, and its cost is often higher than that of conventional devices.
- It should also be said that in no case should it be necessary to install a drainage system on the machine itself, since this factor can lead to a short circuit in the system. It is necessary to take out the draining system behind the unit, which the above mentioned shells, called water lilies, can boast.
- It is best to choose devices with a vertical drain, as in this case it will be less polluted. If the only thing is enough to buy a device with a horizontal drain, you should prepare for a fairly frequent cleaning of the latter.
Installation of equipment
When installing a washbasin on a washing machine with your own hands, you need to carefully familiarize yourself with some specific features of this process.
The option of installing a washing machine under the sink.
- If a pipe is installed on the wall behind the machine, it is necessary to choose the sink, where the width of the bowl varies within 580 mm. If this factor is not observed, then you can select devices with 500 mm.
- The drain pipes must never be located directly above the washing machine. Otherwise, due to vibrations in the unit, the integrity of the components may be compromised and water will fall on the machine.
- It is necessary to install the sink in such a way that it completely covers the device. This is done so that water does not get on the unit when washing hands, for example. Ideally, if the bowl is given forward about 2-5 cm, and maybe even more.
If you describe all of the above actions in a nutshell, it turns out that the drain system is located behind the machine, and the shell completely closes it.
Attaching a device
When purchasing a domestic shell, for example, a water lily, special brackets are supplied with it, which should be used to attach the device to the wall. However, if any fasteners suitable for the selected product are already in the wall, then they should not be changed. As practice shows, such fasteners are the most durable.
Wiring diagram of the washing machine.
Before installation, it is necessary to apply the marking, then check that the sink fits perfectly into it. We must also take into account the fact that the gap between the two devices should not be more than 2-3 cm. When using a mixer for a washbasin and a bathroom, it is necessary to check that the drain freely moves between them. After this, you should identify fasteners and drill the holes for the bolts. Later, the brackets are installed, but the bolts should not be twisted to the end, it is best to leave a gap of 5-7 mm.
After all of the above, you need to install a sink on these brackets, and then insert a special hook from the metal, which is in the package with the device, in a hole specially created for it, which is located on the back wall of the bowl. It should be said that the choice of the party for this kind of manipulation is not essential. After the sink is fixed using an installed hook and fixed by any element, whether it's a dowel or a screw. Further, all the bolts are tightened up to the stop, thereby firmly securing the brackets. The entire wall of the bowl, which is located behind, must be carefully smeared with a special silicone sealant.
Scheme of mounting the siphon
Before the shell is permanently fixed on the wall, be sure to take care of installing the siphon.
For this, it is necessary to assemble the structure, carefully looking at the instructions and recommendations from the manufacturer.
In particular, connect the hose intended for draining the unit to the siphon tube intended for the machine.
In order to avoid undesirable disruption of the structure, during installation, the entire structure should be fixed with a clamp.
The very same corrugation must be carefully connected with the pipe from the sewage system.
Mounting the mixer
In the event that the washbasin has a special mixer, it must be installed in a separate hole, which will necessarily be prescribed by the manufacturer in the instructions to the device. The connection is made using flexible elements, such as hoses and fittings.
It is also necessary to use so-called gaskets and FSM tapes in order to maximally secure the entire structure. Once everything is installed, you need to start the device in order to identify any possible problems. In the event that some defects still appear, you should retighten all connections.