The use of plywood is an economical and effective way of leveling the base of the floor in buildings made of wood. A dry screed using sheet materials can be arranged without large labor and financial costs. During operation, there is no need to make technological breaks, which tighten the finishing finish. However, there are nuances, without regard to which the correct leveling of the flooring will not work. The principle differences between the installation of adjustable logs with plywood or plywood sheets with anchor risers on the surface of wood and the scheme of their installation above the slabs of cement is not.
The scheme of leveling the floor with plywood.
If the financial situation allows, you can purchase a complete set for leveling the floor. If not, you need to use other options.
Tools and materials to be purchased for floor leveling:
- plywood sheets;
- PVA glue;
- grinding wheels;
- self-tapping screws;
- metal corners.
The method of leveling the floor must be chosen based on the condition of the floor base and the degree of deviation of its relief from the norms that are indicated by the builders. Pay attention to the following:
Scheme of strengthening the floor with plywood.
- In the case of a height difference of 2 mm, found on a plot of 1 m², there is no need to level the floor. In this case, the surface can be treated with an acrylic-based sealant or a shpatlevanie mixture of glue PVA and wetted sawdust.
- If there is a uniform deformation of properly installed floorboards with a difference in the height level of 5 mm, the floor can be leveled with plywood by fastening the sheets to the structure of the boards.
- If there are differences in height from 1 to 8 cm, then you need to create a tape support. This process consists in the construction of the billet from the bars. You can use and shabashki, which are made from plywood of great thickness.
- If there are large differences, then the construction must be dismantled and made of quality materials.
Plywood for dry leveling can be used only if there are no claims to the technical parameters of the floor foundation.
In some cases, a laser level is used, but it is best to use a two meter level meter. Thus, it is possible to fully study the base. It is necessary to mark the points in the corners of the room being repaired, to find and mark the central points of the lines of mating of the floor structure and walls. Next, the room should be divided into parts and examined each of them. The results will clarify the scope of necessary repairs.
Repair of the base must be carried out necessarily. You will need to eliminate the scratch, update the fasteners, replace the damaged parts, check the correct operation of the paved communications.
Plywood without lag?
Characteristics of plywood.
In this case, before laying, plywood sheets will need to be placed in the room where the repairs will be carried out. The material that will be used to equip the heated room will take several days to stand on the edge where it will be laid out. If there is no heating in the room, then the sheets should be moistened with water and allowed to lie down for at least 1 day.
All floor elements and materials for dry screed, which were made on the basis of veneer or wood fibers, must necessarily be treated with antiseptic before laying.
The simplest method of leveling a floor structure is a method without installing logs. Mount the support bars are not needed, since their function will be to perform evenly distributed floorboard bumps.
In this case, the sheet material should be fixed with screws on the wood to the boards. Between the walls of the room and the flooring of plywood sheets, it is recommended to leave a technological gap of several centimeters, so that material movements due to temperature fluctuations do not contribute to deformation and do not damage the floor. Technological gap should be made between sheets of plywood.
As a result of the active effect of moisture plywood can begin to warp. To minimize deformation changes, it is recommended that the large sheets be cut into 4 parts. They are stacked in a standard way, gaps remain between the elements.
It should be noted that there is no sense in leveling the floor from the fiberboard, which was deformed by waves. The material during operation can survive and repeat all the excavations of the base.
For a board structure with a floor width of less than 20 cm, a plywood sheet 9-10 mm thick is required. If in the process of constructing a floor boards of more than 20 cm in width were used, a plywood thickness of 19-20 mm would be required.
Step by step guide
Align the floor with plywood as follows:
- On the perimeter of the aligned structure, the bosses are exposed, by means of which an indentation from the walls is formed.
- The sheets are laid with a gap between them of 3-5 mm. If several rows are stacked, masonry of bricks should be imitated. The minimum offset is ¼ sheet.
- The plywood is fixed to the ridges of the flooring from the boards. The fixing points should be distributed evenly.
Plywood sheets (rough on one side) that are intended for further finishing of the finishing coat should be laid with the unpolished part upwards to improve the adhesion of the coating with the leveling layer.
In this case, it will be necessary to equip the crate from the longitudinal logs and crossbars, with all the details to be set in one horizontal plane. Lamps along the perimeter should be placed at a distance of 3 cm from the walls. The step of mounting the longitudinal members determines the size of the plywood sheet. This value in most cases varies from 40 to 100 cm.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
Stages of leveling of wooden floors with plywood.
- First of all, you need to lay out plywood sheets without fastening.
- Mounted lags along the walls. In order to arrange a ribbon crate, it is recommended to use square bars with a side of 40-60 cm. If you do not want to lift the floor, you can use any unnecessary boards.
- Cross members are mounted. To the lags they are fixed with screws. In this case, you should also use the corners of the metal.
- The lags and crossbars are exposed vertically so that they are in a uniform plane. Alignment should be done by sanding. You can also lay pads of wood.
- After leveling, the lag system should be attached to the base with corners of galvanized metal. To fix the crate, you can apply dowels, the length of which is several times the thickness of the lag.
- In the end, you need to fix the plywood.
The space between the lags can be filled with a heater or a screed of sawdust and PVA glue. The mixture, which is similar in consistence to thick sour cream, is applied in 2-3 layers. After this, you should wait until the mixture has completely hardened.
If there are differences in height more than 8 cm, you need to use the method of leveling the floor with plywood with the installation of small lags. It consists in the installation of racks and pads of wood. This is done in order to create a single system of supports for plywood. In this case, you need to perform an accurate engineering calculation, so you should always contact a specialist. By the indicated lines, the dimensions of all support elements are calculated. Mini-logs can be installed both along and across the boards.
The size of each element must be calculated separately.
Aligning the floor with plywood is easy enough if you know the sequence of actions.