Lovers on their own to conduct repair work in an apartment or their own home sometimes face unexpected difficulties due to ignorance of some building technologies. To such nuzzles it is possible to carry and a confusion arising when necessary to put a tile on a wooden floor. However, this task is easily solved after acquaintance with the information on the issue of interest.
Layout of tiling on a wooden floor.
To begin with, you will need to stock up on everything necessary to lay the tile and antiseptic means to protect the wood. To put tiles on a wooden floor, you will need:
- glutinous composition;
- Silicone, acrylic sealant or mounting foam;
- a Bulgarian or an electric drill;
- spatula or scraper;
- hair dryer building;
- electric screwdriver;
- self-tapping screws.
At the next stage the wooden floor is conscientiously prepared for facing with ceramic tiles.
The surface must be leveled and made as rigid as possible.
Layout of tiling on a tree.
This kind of work can be done in several ways.
There is a question, how to put a tile, if the floorboards creak and bend?
- First, we need to remove the substrate and the coating that has lost its useful qualities. Suitable logs and rough floor can be fully used as a basis.
- Gvozdoderom remove the planks. Then the logs are laid on the substrate, exposing the exact horizontal position with the help of the building level. On the concrete overlap should not be fixed.
- Before laying the tile on a wooden floor, you must necessarily treat the base boards with a protective antiseptic impregnation.
- Then lags should be dried and free space between them filled with expanded clay fraction to the surface.
- Rough boards are fixed in the transverse direction at the points of contact with logs with screws approximately 55 mm long.
- Between the base boards it is necessary to leave gaps of 3 mm to 10 mm.
- The next action will be laying the rough floor with parchment and fixing on it a substrate made of gypsum fiber (20 mm) or cement chipboard (10 mm-20 mm)
- The substrate is fixed, and along the plane and perimeter is pressed with screws at a distance of 15-20 cm.
- Mounting foam or sealant fill the gap at the junctions between the wall and the finishing floor.
- Now the wooden floor can be primed and the laying of ceramic tiles.
Cleaning from paintwork
It is possible that the old wooden coating was painted with varnish or paint. Leave the floors before facing in a similar condition can not. These residues must be removed in any way. Here, thermal, mechanical, and chemical cleaning are also suitable.
Scheme of cutting ceramic tiles.
It is best to use the thermal method. This will require a building hair dryer. The temperature for processing the painted surface can be from 300 to 6000 degrees. The electrical appliance should be kept at a distance of 25-50 cm from the floor level. The surface is treated with small fragments from which the hot paint is removed with a scraper or spatula. To speed up the work, you can use a construction hair dryer with a scraper. Thus, the process of heating and scraping the ink will take place simultaneously.
To clean a large area of the wooden floor from the paint before laying the tile, tools such as a Bulgarian or a drill may be required. Installing a grinding disk with a sandpaper (grain 40), you can quickly process the entire surface quickly. In the end, the large sandpaper is replaced for grinding on a fine peel (grain 80-100).
The simplest method of cleaning colored wooden floors is the use of a wide variety of chemical compounds and diluents. To remove the old paint, the appropriate composition is applied to the surface that needs to be cleaned, and after 10 or 30 minutes it is removed together with the old layer of the old coating. To apply liquid substances using brushes, and for thick cleansers use spatulas.
Laying on chipboard
Apply a third method of preparing a wooden floor is possible with a good flooring and laying on the boards of the base of the chipboard.
- To do this, it is necessary to carry out the installation foam of the waterproofing joints that are formed between the chipboard and the walls.
- Then on the EAF, it is necessary to apply warmed drying oil or impregnation for protection.
- When processing latex boards, particle boards use a large brush and the coating is made thick enough.
- Immediately after this procedure, the whole surface is covered with a mesh for painting works and expects complete drying.
- For a more dense fit to the coating of the chipboard, the mesh should be fixed with screws. Their number should be the maximum, so that the grid is held as strong as possible.
- The next step is the preparation of a mixture, which consists of components: water - 1 part, liquid glass - 2 parts, coarse sand - 2 parts.
- After applying the finished composition to the surface and its drying, you can put the tile on the chipboard.
Having prepared the floor optimal for the existing situation, you can start working.
It is necessary to plan the location of available ceramic plates. It will be easier to do this if a perpendicular line is drawn from the center of each wall. Crossed lines will serve as a guide for choosing the best position for tiles. Before carrying out these manipulations, it is necessary to remove plinths and door jambs. Do not cut the tiles that are near the walls, it will spoil the overall picture of the room. Around the objects that attract the most attention (bath), the tile should be placed symmetrically.
To apply glue even strips use a spatula. Facing it is necessary to begin from one of the central corners, formed by outlined lines. The area of application is limited to 1 m². Initially, the tile is gently applied to the adhesive base, and then pressed firmly against the floor surface. All actions continue along the lines of the mark to the cover, treated with glue space. Sometimes between the ceramic plates you need to withstand some space. In this case, special plastic separators will help.
Further laying continues from the central part of the room to the walls according to the given marks. Lining half the surface, the same way proceed to the next part and after the end of the whole process, the glue is completely dried. During the cladding, it is necessary to pay attention to the level of tiles and, if necessary, add a glue composition under them. There always remain places, which can only be closed with the help of cut off to the desired size of the plates. During cutting, it is necessary to take into account the distance required for the primer.
After the glue is completely dry, the surface of the tile is primed. Primer is applied with a rubber scraper, all voids should be filled with a solution. If a primer needs to be covered with a narrow strip, then in this case the corner of the spatula will help out. After treatment of the lined surface, the primer remains must be removed with a sponge before the solution dries. At the end, the tiles are polished to a shine with a dry rag.