Restoration of a bath of cast iron is necessary if it is operated for a sufficiently long time and has already covered with such undesirable elements as chips and cracks. Some mistakenly believe that for such work it is required to make a complete dismantling of the device, although in reality everything goes much easier. The bathtub can be restored without any complicated manipulations, so in most cases dismantling is not required.
Instead of throwing out an old bath, it can be restored with acrylic.
Restoration of the bath
Any device in due course loses its original appearance. In particular, repair of a cast iron bath is necessary when it is used for a very long time, and it is noticeable that the enamel coating on it has already worn off and has lost its former appearance.
You can start buying a cast iron bath if there is no time and effort to repair it. This option, of course, will require a lot of costs to buy and install a bath, because it is difficult to carry out its installation yourself.
If there is no extra money, you can always take advantage of such an opportunity as repairing the product. It also implies some complexity and costs, but they will be much less than in the previous version, because the repair does not require the purchase of a new product.
For the restoration of the old cast-iron bath you will need: acrylic, gloves, scotch, brush, rags, tools for overflow removal.
To perform the correct repair, it will require a complete restoration of its enamel coating. To perform this procedure, you can use the services of special companies or do it yourself. It should be noted immediately that the restoration of baths by specialists implies a considerable cost, because skilled work is always valued quite expensive. Therefore, the most advantageous if the restoration will be carried out by the owner. For the restoration of the product there is no need to have any specific skills, it is enough to follow certain instructions.
There are many different types of bath restoration by one's own hands, which differ from each other in the costs of their implementation and the technology of execution.
It can not be said that any of the options are worse, but some - better. All of them are unique and effective in their own way; it is only necessary to correctly withstand the entire order of actions.
- Restore the product with liquid acrylic or stakryla. This method is also called a "filling bath". It consists in the fact that a special substance called liquid acrylic is poured onto the bath of cast iron.
- Restoration of the bath с применением метода «ванна в ванну», помогающего восстановить покрытие элемента. Здесь все довольно просто: внутрь старой ванны вставляется специальный вкладыш из акрила.
- Application of a new enamel by means of a special substance and a brush. This method involves the purchase of a special substance for the restoration of enamel, which must be applied to the inside of the product.
It makes sense to consider each of the options in more detail.
Restore the bath with an acrylic insert.
When the cup is restored by the first option, it will be necessary to carefully prepare it for the subsequent repair. That is, the entire surface of the old product should be thoroughly cleaned from various contaminants, such as grease, dirt, and also degrease it with the help of special substances. Only if this item is available, repairs will be successful.
If we consider a material such as stakril, it is a rather interesting substance, made with the use of the same liquid acrylic. Its main feature lies in the impact resistance and wear resistance, due to which this material contributes to the formation of a durable and resistant to mechanical damage equipment. Plus, he perfectly copes with the loads caused by various detergents, and prevents the spread of harmful bacteria.
Step-by-step process of restoration of a cast-iron bath.
Restoration of the bath таким образом поможет скрыть не только такие неприятные элементы, как сколы и трещины, но даже исправит некоторые дефекты самого изделия, к примеру, неровности, возникшие в результате отливания чугуна при производстве изделия. Именно поэтому такой способ пользуется огромной популярностью среди населения.
The second method involves the insertion of a special acrylic liner, which exactly repeats the design of the old bath. This element can be glued using a special two-component foam. After carrying out all the above-mentioned works, a completely new acrylic product is obtained, which is no different from the previous one.
The third method is the most economical and most practical in use. For its implementation, it is required to purchase a special material, which is an element in the production of epoxides, which consists of two components, such as a base and a hardener.
Some of the types of such enamel have an extremely high viscosity, while others have high fluidity. In any case, all these components are quite effective.
It should be noted that the above factor makes it very difficult to apply such a coating. Therefore, such work requires some skill and skill.
In order to properly restore the bath, you need to carefully prepare for this process. To implement this process, you need:
The advantages of a bath tank.
- Rinse thoroughly and degrease the surface. To do this, use a strong detergent, for example, Pemolux.
- Substantially clean the surface of the bath with a grinder, on which is put a special circle for grinding. For this purpose, you can use a drill with attachments. Grind to the extent that the entire surface has become rough.
- Clean the bottom of the bath from the mud deposits, which are probably there. To conduct this event, you will need the so-called cord-brush and any detergent.
- After the entire surface of the bath has been cleaned, the detergent must be applied again to the bath.
- Next, you should check the surface. In particular, apply water to the bath and see how the latter behaves. If it is applied evenly, and no droplets are formed, then everything is done correctly.
- Finally, it is necessary to warm the bath thoroughly with warm water, and after it has dried, wipe with a solvent. However, one should beware of certain substances, such as white spirit, for example, since they are rather fatty. After this, it is necessary to warm up and dry the device again, and then wipe it with a special lint-free cloth.
Application of material
The technology of coating the bath depends largely on the type of work chosen. In order to paint the bath with enamel, you need to do the following:
- Read the instructions, then mix the bases of enamel and hardener. It is best to first divide this process into two parts, so that the bulk does not thicken.
- First of all, it is necessary to apply the mixture to the edges, and do it as thoroughly as possible.
- After this, thoroughly smudge the enamel, brushing it across the bath. Through this action, a very uniform layer of the substance can be applied.
- You should pay special attention to the place where the water merges, and not forget about the bottom itself, carefully rubbing the enamel into it.
- Do not wait until the first layer dries. We must immediately prepare the second one and apply it to the surface. The part of the substance that will remain is best poured into a bath and evenly applied to the bottom, carefully leveling the enamel.
- Then you need to wait 15 minutes, until the substance dries, and make sure there are no drips. If they do exist, they are very easy to remove with a brush, carrying it from the bottom up.
- Naturally, after all of the above, it will be necessary to control the absence of streaks for some time to form a perfectly flat and pleasant surface.
- After the bulk of the work is done, you need to close the bathroom for a couple of days. Then the renewed coating can dry out well and harden.
As practice shows, all other types of coverage are applied quite simply, because they are accompanied by a special instruction that intelligently describes each necessary step.