One of the ways to finish the bathroom is painting it. It can become extraordinarily beautiful and last long if you choose the right paint and correctly prepare the surfaces.
Painting the walls and ceiling in the bathroom is the simplest and most economical option for finishing it.
Painting is considered an economical option for finishing the bathroom due to the low cost of the coating. But to get the best result, it's better not to save and get the paint of a well-known manufacturer.
You can paint all the surfaces of the bathroom - walls, ceiling, except for those areas on which water gets. These places near the washbasin and the bathroom should be finished with tiles or glass panels, as shown in the picture. It turns out very nice and stylish.
The main properties of the chosen paint - moisture resistance and antibacterial protection, because moist air in the bathroom - a comfortable environment for the reproduction of microorganisms.
What colors can be used for bathrooms?
Optimum variant - water-emulsion paint.
It is moisture resistant, dries quickly, lets in air, is easily applied, it can be washed. You can use oil, but tune in to the fact that it quickly crack and it is difficult to remove from the walls. And the smell of her unpleasant, and dries a long time.
So, water-emulsion. It can be different. Consider the options:
Acrylic paint almost does not smell and dries quickly.
- Acrylic. Inexpensive paint, well enveloping the surface. Suitable for use in humid rooms. It forms a breathable film and has a high thermal stability.
- Latex. On the walls and ceiling after drying it forms a protective film, protecting the surface from contamination and moisture. Ecological and durable.
- Based on PVA. The most budget option, but for the bathroom is not suitable. It is mainly used for dry ceilings.
- Silicone. It is not afraid of water, high temperatures, but more often it is used for painting facades. Has a high price.
To paint the bathroom, there are two options - water-based acrylic and latex water-based.
Now you need to decide on the color. Many leave from the traditional white, using the colors to get the desired shade. You can mix colors with paint yourself or go to the building materials store, where there are colouring machines.
For a small bathroom it is better to use light shades, visually increasing the space. In large rooms, contrast combinations are often used.
Another rule that must be considered: matte paints are able to harmoniously fit into any design, but they are unstable to damage. Glossy surfaces are more beautiful, have shine, but do not hide, but emphasize irregularities. Embossed paints create a shallow structure on the walls, covering all roughness.
Instruments для покраски ванной комнаты.
To paint walls and ceiling in the bathroom you need brushes, roller or spray.
The brush is good in that it densely covers the surface, however the paint consumption increases.
More finely stains the roller. But it is somewhat uncomfortable when staining angles and unevennesses. If your choice fell on water-based paint - choose a roller with a felt surface.
The best option for high-quality and uniform coloration is an atomizer. But after each application it requires thorough washing.
To work you will need a special tray with grooves to remove excess paint from the roller or brush. In it, you need to pour a little paint and before applying to roll the tool along the grooves.
Tips for coloring
Table mix colors for painting the bathroom.
- Surfaces should be prepared for painting - clean, dry and even.
- First you need to paint the ceiling, and then the walls.
- The shade of the ceiling should be in harmony with the tone of the walls.
- Water-emulsion paint is applied in 2 layers (except acrylic), the first layer - horizontal - if desired, diluted with water (10-15%). The second layer, vertical, is applied after the first layer has completely dried.
- First, paint hard-to-reach places and corners, and then - the entire surface.
- In order to evenly dry the paint, drafts must be avoided.
- Using paint tape will not paint over unnecessary areas, make the boundaries of lines even and without an inflow. And with the help of Scotch we can make the ceiling not monophonic, but with a pattern or with a pattern.
- Since the shades in the cans may vary slightly, mix the paint in the bucket. Then all surfaces will be of the same shade.
If you decide to combine colors, the best combinations for bathrooms are:
- close in color: blue with white, silver with gray, red with black;
- in one color, but different saturation;
- with a strong contrast: black with yellow, brown and blue.
Joints can be decorated with stencils or curbs.
Want to get an updated bathroom - paint it in a new color. And if you show imagination, it will become your work of art and a source of pride.