The bathroom is a room with high humidity. From dampness everything literally suffers: furniture, household appliances, heating pipes and water pipes. But, considering that according to the laws of physics hot steam rises, most of the moisture gets to the ceiling. Even the best quality putty does not stand the constant changes in humidity in the bathroom. In 2-3 years it begins to crack and crumble. Doing repairs so often is not only expensive, but also requires great physical effort. A good solution to this problem is the suspended ceiling.
Scheme of installation of suspended ceiling from PVC panels.
Types and benefits
Modern technology allows you to install a false ceiling in the bathroom using different materials.
Such materials can be:
Various types of platbands for PVC panels.
- Plasterboard sheet. This material is durable, has no thermal expansion and is easy to process. Given the specifics of the premises, you can use only waterproof sheets.
- Plastic panels. Absolutely do not react to moisture, light and durable.
- Cloths from polyvinylchloride. Stretch ceilings made of PVC film have the most spectacular appearance. A certain disadvantage is their high cost and sagging when the temperature rises to + 65-70ºС.
The choice of material for the ceiling in the bathroom depends on the taste and financial capabilities of the owners of the room.
In favor of installing a suspended structure, there are numerous advantages that it gives.
These include such opportunities:
- hide the defects and irregularities of the bearing plate, not carrying out its finishing;
- use free space for laying soundproof material;
- to place on a skeleton of a design electric wires;
- close water pipes;
- To establish on a surface of the second level various fixtures and the exhaust fan.
As practice shows, the best material for installation in the bathroom is plastic.
Tools and materials
You can install a false ceiling in the bathroom on your own, without recourse to hired workers.
This does not require professional skills and complex tools.
The list of tools for installing a false ceiling is as follows:
Tools for mounting a false ceiling.
- building level;
- metal cutter;
- sharp knife;
- a hammer;
It should be noted that you will have to drill holes in the wall, finished with tiles. A special drill is required for such walls.
To install a ceiling system in a bathroom, you need the following material:
- plastic panels 600 × 25 cm;
- corner ceiling skirting;
- vertical steel hangers;
- connectors of various types;
- galvanized steel CD and UD profile;
- self-tapping screws for metal;
- plastic dowels.
It is necessary to take into account that the material needs to be purchased 10-15% more than the calculated one, since mistakes can be mistaken by the hands of the ceiling construction in the bathroom.
The scheme of installation of PVC panels on the ceiling.
Before proceeding with the installation of the suspended structure, it is necessary to carry out the treatment of the bearing ceiling plate. In the space between concrete and plastic should be a dry healthy microclimate.
It should be noted that pre-treatment of the ceiling is accompanied by a large amount of debris and dust. It will be superfluous to take out of the room all things, and household appliances and furniture covered with cellophane tape.
Preparatory work включают такие действия, как:
- cleaning of the surface from the peeling plaster;
- removal from cracks of concrete crumbs and dust;
- plastering of cracks and cracks in the bearing plate;
- surface treatment with an antifungal agent.
After that you can proceed with the installation of the frame.
Mounting the frame
The most suitable material for the frame is galvanized steel CD and UD profiles. Wooden slats can deform from moisture drop, and plastic profiles do not have sufficient margin of safety.
Installation of PVC panels on a wooden frame.
The supporting structure for plastic panels is installed in the following sequence:
- on the walls is applied a marking on which the bearing profiles will be fixed;
- on the ceiling plate marks are made for placing hangers;
- The perforator makes holes in the wall and ceiling plate;
- The supporting profile is screwed to the walls;
- Vertical suspensions are attached to the main ceiling;
- the ceiling profile is inserted into the carrier and fixed in it by self-tapping screws for metal;
- after leveling, the ceiling profile is fixed on the plumb bob;
- To impart rigidity to the horizontal guides, transverse jumpers are installed.
Optimal is the crate with a mesh of 50 × 65 cm. After checking the frame for strength, the wiring for the luminaires is arranged. For this, plastic corrugation is a good fit.
Laying of panels
Put the plastic panels in the bathroom with their own hands will not be difficult. It is a lightweight and flexible material that can be easily processed.
First of all, a ceiling skirting board is installed. You can use both a plinth with a border, and a starting plastic profile. Pay attention to the docking of individual elements of the plinth in the corners of the room. To make the joint space without crevices, it is necessary to file details with the help of a chair.
After fixing the ceiling skirting begins laying panels.
This is done as follows:
- from a solid panel the workpiece of a given length is sawed off;
- the workpiece is inserted into the grooves of the ceiling skirting and moves along them until its edge enters the grooves of the end skirting board;
- Screw the edges of the workpiece to the frame;
- The next part of the panel is sawn off and inserted into grooves of the plastic profile;
- the panel moves forward until its crest connects to the groove of the adjacent panel;
- the workpiece is screwed to the crate;
- the whole surface is collected in a similar way;
- the last workpiece is inserted into the side grooves together with the fourth part of the baseboard put on it;
- After snapping the padlock, the skirting board is moved from the panel to the wall.
Stacking is complete. Further, installation of luminaires and exhaust fan is carried out.