Even the most reliable communication systems eventually wear out. This applies to the water supply system. Periodically, it needs to be updated. Replacement of pipes in the bathroom - one of the most critical stages of repair. Qualitatively installed water supply and sewerage will last for more than one year, and, on the contrary, flaws can negate all efforts for further ennobling the bathroom and cause an emergency repair.
An example of installing pipes in a bathroom.
Choice of water supply and sewerage
The modern market offers a wide selection of pipes for water and sewage.
Soldering of polymer pipes.
- Metal. A few decades ago, steel pipes were practically a non-alternative option for water supply systems. They are strong, reliable, well withstand heat. Steel pipes can have zinc corrosion protection. In this case, their service life increases, but the price will be higher. The disadvantages of metal pipes include the complexity of their installation in the bathroom with their own hands. Installation requires welding work. You can make connections on the thread, but these jobs are quite laborious.
- Cast-iron. Most often used for laying external sewage. The disadvantage is the susceptibility to corrosion.
- Polymer. Lightweight, easy to install. Due to the smooth inner surface have good throughput. Undoubted plus - plastic pipes are absolutely not subject to corrosion. The disadvantage is that they do not withstand high temperatures. Well suited for cold water supply and sewerage. The connection of polymer pipes is carried out by a special soldering iron, on slang of plumbers called "iron".
- Metal-plastic. Today, metal plastic is the most successful option for laying pipes in the bathroom with their own hands. Metal-plastic pipes are light, flexible, simply mounted, withstand high temperatures. The material is not subject to corrosion, does not require staining. Installation is made with fittings, which allow you to make bends, turns, connections of pipes of different diameters, connections with threaded metal parts.
When replacing sections of the main risers located in the bathroom, the pipe is selected the same diameter as the old one. This is usually 110 mm. For internal risers, a pipe with a diameter of 40 mm is suitable, for tapping water on the tap - 16 or 20 mm, for sewerage - 60 mm.
Repair in the bathroom should begin with the drawing up of a plan, on which the arrangement of pipes, plumbing and knots is applied. If the water supply scheme differs from the old, then it should be shown to a specialist if possible. Further, we calculate and purchase materials.
From the tools you need:
Connection diagram of plastic pipes.
- a set of keys;
- metal cutter;
- Welding machine for the installation of metal pipes or "iron" for docking plastic;
- When working with metal pipes, you need a thread-cutting fork.
Replacement of pipes in an apartment building should be made after agreement with neighbors, as it implies the shutdown of water during the repair throughout the riser.
If the laying of pipes is planned with their concealment in the wall, then the grouting of the technological grooves should be carried out in advance, since this process is quite long. In the absence of a special tool, shtroblenie can be made with a Bulgarian, hammer and chisel.
Dismantling of the old plumbing system in the bathroom begins with the removal of plumbing fixtures. Further, the old pipes are removed. In the nodes where there are threaded connections, they can be unscrewed, where it is not available - cut off the bulgarian.
After the old equipment is removed, a new one is installed. If it is supposed to replace common risers, then work should begin with them. Since the water supply of the whole house depends on the risers, it is better to entrust them to the plumbers. After the pipe installation in the riser is completed and the overlapping valves are installed, it is possible to start piping to the plumbing equipment in accordance with the scheme drawn up earlier.
Replacement pipes are produced, starting from the bottom, with moving upwards.
The wiring at the nodes is carried out with the help of fittings. It is necessary to provide for the presence of valves in the circuit of various parts of the system. This will allow repair and maintenance of individual devices without disconnecting the water supply throughout the system. Nuts on the connections must be tightened tightly, but without clamping, so as not to break the thread.
When laying sewer pipes, their sockets should be directed towards the drain.
At the final stage of installation, plumbing fixtures are installed and connected.
After installing the pipes in the bathroom, it is necessary to check the operation of the system. First, the tap on the riser opens, and all internal valves must be closed. Then they are slightly opened and checked the operation of the system with a small head of water. If there are no leaks anywhere, the water works without rattling and noise, then you should open the faucets completely and let the water drain for a while. After successful tests, you can start facing.