Shower enclosures are not always installed with pallets, there is a mounting option with a base directly at the floor level. Shower rooms without pallets take up much less space and look more attractive. The correct protection against moisture also has a value, because water, getting to the floor, penetrates through the coating, damages all its layers, can cause flooding below the apartment located. That is why the correct measures taken to waterproof the shower without a pallet are so important.
The shower cabin can be mounted with a pallet or floor level.
You can perform the work in several ways. Suitable okleechnaya and omazochnaya hydroprotection. In addition to waterproofing, a special shower gangway should be provided, that is, a mechanism to ensure that the water drains into the sewage system.
To install a shower enclosure without a pallet it is necessary to use a special ladder that will ensure the drainage of water into the sewage system. The gangway is a small structure with a grate, it is installed at the floor level. It is put on the body, rests on its surface. The outside will go on the same level with the sides of the ladder. The grate itself can be of various sizes and shapes. Today, ladders are popular, which immediately serve as the bottom of the shower cabin.
The siphon includes a hydraulic seal, a mechanical and dry shutter. The first element is used to prevent unpleasant odors from entering the room, which will accumulate in the drain. Dry shutter is used to react to drying. This is a simple and easy-to-use float design. Mechanical shutter is used for unheated rooms to prevent freezing.
Scheme of mounting the shower ladder.
The water drainage ring is included in the general construction, it is used to prevent the rupture of the waterproofing. If such a situation occurs, the water leaves the sewage pipe directly through the drain. The steel clamping flange is used to ensure a sealed connection of the gangway body and the layered gidrozaschity.
The shower room can be equipped with various types of ladders. This can be trampolines and special wall constructions - ladder panels. The usual ladder from the tray is very different. In the first case, a drainage is installed in the floor, where the pipe and the structure are connected. The connection can be vertical or horizontal. The shape of the ladder can be square or round, the dimensions in the first case are 10 * 10 cm, in the second - the diameter is 5 cm.
The tray for the shower without the pallet is a drainage channel of elongated shape, the length is 30-120 cm. Dimensions depend on the size of the bathroom and the stall. Wall ladders are mounted near the walls. They have a large bandwidth, are more convenient not only for use, but also for installation. During installation, there is no need to lift the ladder, as well as the floor surface. The gangway is installed before all work is done on pouring the foundation and its waterproofing.
For the shower room, which is equipped without a pallet, it is possible to apply a polymer-cement layer of hydroprotection. For application, a special solution based on cement and polymers is used.
Waterproofing is carried out as follows:
Scheme of cement waterproofing.
- To apply the solution it is necessary to prepare the mixture itself. It is diluted with water in a convenient container, an electric drill with a nozzle "construction mixer" is used for stirring.
- On the surface the mixture will be applied with a special brush, which can be purchased at any construction store.
- The floor is cleaned of debris and dust, the base is washed and dried before starting work on waterproofing.
- Further, the surface is slightly moistened, but it can not be strongly moistened.
- The components are mixed, diluted with water until a uniform consistency is obtained.
- Apply a solution to the floor of a future shower room without a pallet followed by a hard brush. To ensure high-quality protection, it is also not necessary to forget about the walls around the shower.
- A polypropylene mesh is laid on the floor, all communication terminals are protected with a liquid mixture. This applies to sewer pipes, the installation site of the ladder, the joints between the floor and the walls.
- The first layer should be left to dry for the length of time that is specified by the manufacturer in the instructions.
- After drying, the surface is again moistened, a second layer of waterproofing is carried out in the shower room without a pallet. The second layer is dried, after which it is possible to begin finishing work.
For proper drainage of water in the shower it is necessary to install a special ladder.
If the construction and waterproofing of the shower without a pallet should reduce costs and running time, then you can use roll materials.
Technology of construction of roll waterproofing.
- The surface of the substrate must be carefully leveled, all joints between the walls must be thoroughly cemented with a cement-sand mixture. Roll waterproofing is cut into pieces, it is important to take into account the overlap on the walls in 15-20 cm.
- On the segments obtained, it is necessary to apply a special solar oil to provide elasticity and excellent adhesion to the floor base. The cloth should be left for about a day in order for it to level off.
- A day later, bituminous mastic is applied to the floor in 1 layer, then the waterproofing is laid, the webs are rolled.
- The second layer is a bituminous material, it is laid in a perpendicular direction with respect to 1 layer. The surface of the floor of the future shower is smeared with heated mastic. After filling the quartz sand, to ensure an excellent screed.
If bubbles are formed during the laying of the roll material, it is necessary to gently cut them with a knife and glue this area. The insulation quality is good, but we must remember that the roll materials are short-lived, they will have to be replaced in due course.
For a shower enclosure without a pallet, penetrating waterproofing can also be used. Manufacturers of mixtures make detailed instructions to ensure that the work is done correctly and quickly. Penetrating hydroprotection provides high-quality insulation, it penetrates deep into the material by about 10 cm, thus ensuring the stability of the material.
Area of application of penetrating waterproofing.
- The base is cleaned, all garbage and dust is removed from it. On the perimeter is made a penalty, it will go to the places of joints of the base and walls, the size of the penalty is 25 * 25 mm.
- Again, all garbage is removed, the surface must be moistened. The composition is prepared taking into account the manufacturer's instructions. The primer is applied to the resulting mixture in 1 layer.
- The lower part of the walls adjacent to the base of the shower enclosure is moistened. It is necessary to wait until all the suture material is seized. After the first layer is completely dry, it is necessary to apply one more. As it dries, its surface needs to be moistened for 2-3 days.
- The walls are cleaned 3 weeks after the work was done, all the remains of the cement mixture should be removed.
When the work with the shower base without the pallet is finished, you can start finishing. Usually the ceramic tiles are laid on the whole floor.
Waterproofing of walls
To ensure full protection, it is required to perform and waterproofing the walls.
After the treatment of the floor, the following preparatory work is carried out:
- Walls need to be cleaned, remove all traces of old paint and plaster.
- The surface is leveled, its priming is carried out with a composition with waterproofing properties.
- The primer should dry well, after which you can start the basic work.
- The composition is mixed in a convenient container, the consistency should be uniform. Brush the mixture is applied to the walls, this is enough for 1 layer.
- The layer must dry out, then another is applied. Then the wall is leveled, you can proceed with the finishing works and the installation of the shower cubicle.
It is necessary to ensure ventilation of the walls, as without this moisture will accumulate on the floor and walls. It is not only dangerous for health (on a slippery surface the risk of injury is high), but it also causes the mold to appear in the bathroom, the smell of dampness. After installing the ventilation, moisture will quickly and easily be drawn out of the bathroom, the air will become drier.
A shower enclosure without a pallet requires careful waterproofing of not only the floor, but also the walls. This is done after a special ladder is installed, various materials are used for protection. The choice of water protection depends on the financial possibilities, the methods of work are different.