Today, plastic panels have become a universal material, when you want to get a beautiful decor in the room. Decorating walls with plastic is possible in almost any room. It does not matter what humidity is in the room, temperature and so on. In other words, you can install such panels absolutely anywhere. And thanks to a huge range of products you can get an original beautiful interior.
Wall decoration with plastic panels in the bathroom is one of the simplest and inexpensive options.
Sometimes it seems that the decoration of the walls is a very labor-intensive technological process. However, this is completely wrong. Independently to finish a bath or other room under force to any person. After two hours of work, the decoration of the walls will cease to seem inaccessible and heavy. The experience appears instantly, you just need to start, and then the finish of the bathrooms will seem like just an interesting fun.
First of all, it is necessary to say that the modern market of building materials offers a wide range of plastic panels, which are manufactured by a wide variety of manufacturers. Plastic is represented by a huge color palette. Some elements have a pattern, some imitate natural materials. Different plastic panels and their size. With such an abundance, you just need to choose the plastic that will match the design of the room where the walls will be decorated.
Thanks to this finish you will get:
- low price - any consumer can afford to buy plastic;
- very easy installation;
- moisture resistance;
- long service life;
- ease of maintenance - plastic is easy to clean with detergents;
- Finish that does not emit toxic gases when heated;
- fire safety;
- good heat insulator;
- seamless connection panels.
Wall decoration can take place in any plane.
Panels in the room can be installed in two ways:
In most cases, the walls are carcass-based.
Materials and tools
To trim the walls in the room with plastic, you need to have a variety of tools and materials (you do not need to glue the wallpaper):
Installation of plastic panels is recommended to begin with a corner.
- plastic panels;
- grinding wheels;
- self-tapping screws;
- a hammer;
- a stapler;
As already mentioned, plastic finishing can be performed in different ways. Each method has its own negative and positive sides. Sometimes it's better to follow the simplest and easiest way. Sometimes you can finish the room in the only way.
Tools for mounting panels in the bathroom.
Technology of work
Almost any decoration of walls is carried out in the following sequence:
- a crate is being built;
- монтируются profiles;
- the first part is inserted into the lower profile, then it is bent and inserted into the upper profile.
- tapping it with a mallet, it is set in the starting profile to the right place;
- the fastening to the crate is performed;
- in the same way, the remaining products are fixed, except the last one;
- the panel is cut into a size corresponding to the width, it is necessary to create a stock for thermal expansion;
- the shelf of the last profile is bent, the last panel is inserted in the groove, it is better to perform this work with an assistant;
- then a narrow profile flange is bent, plastic is placed in it until it touches the upper corner;
- the upper-angle profile shelf is folded and the panel is finally installed;
- in the same way mount the profile to the crate;
- fix skirting boards.
The scheme of finishing the bathroom wall with plastic panels.
Decorating in the bathroom is always the most time consuming work. Very often you can hear the question of decorating the walls in the bathroom. There is always high humidity here. The temperature jumps require the selection of a material that is resistant to such constant influences. And the decoration of the walls should not violate hygienic requirements. It should be easy to maintain and wash.
First, preparatory work is carried out. If the crate is installed, it is first necessary to remove the old coating. All roughness and roughness should be fixed. The bumps are removed only where the fastening of the bars of the crate will be performed.
If the panels are fastened with special glue, then the walls should be carefully leveled. They should not remain old coating, the walls must be absolutely dry.
With each method of finishing the walls before starting work, they must be treated with a liquid antifungal solution. As a result, mold will never appear on the walls.
Installation of laths
If the finish in the bathroom is made with plastic elements, the masters advise not to use a lath made of wood.
The fact is that joints of such products will never have an ideal tightness. The moisture that falls under them will begin to destroy the wooden structures.
For this reason, when finishing the bathrooms, it is best to install plastic profiles.
- When installing the strips, you must constantly ensure that their location is always in a single plane.
- To create good ventilation, it is necessary to maintain a gap between the plastic and the wall. The size of this gap should not exceed 3 mm.
When constructing a crate, the neighboring elements should be 40 cm apart from each other when the walls are peeled off, and 30 cm when the ceiling is peeled off.
The parts of the crate must be mounted at an angle of 90 degrees relative to the arrangement of the panels.
In other words, the panels should be installed in the bathroom in an upright position. In this room, this will be the best option. The lining is made parallel to the floor in this case.
After installing the battens, you can proceed to install the panels and decorate the walls of the bathroom with plastic panels.