The gypsum plasterboard of the bathroom is made on the frame of a metal profile with a special fastening system. For work, only a moisture resistant material, suitable shpatlevochnye mixture can be used. Before installing the battens it is necessary to make a project (in most cases a sufficiently large sketch), to waterproof the floor, the walls. Otherwise, the resource of construction and decorative value will sharply decrease.
The bathroom should be covered only with moisture-resistant plasterboard.
Finishing the bathroom with moisture-resistant GCR begins with the design. Without this, it is impossible to calculate the necessary amount of structural, facing, consumables. Gypsum cardboard cover allows to hide defects of load-bearing structures, disguise communications, plumbing devices, create niches for cabinets, washing machines. For the work will require material:
- gypsum board - GKLV (standard size 2.5 x 1.2 m), thickness 18 - 8 mm;
- profile - guide, rack-mount;
- consumables - hangers, connectors, self-tapping screws, dowel-nails, serpent;
- putty - starting, finishing.
Decorating plasterboard is impossible without a minimum set of tools:
- Knife - stationery or special with a double-sided blade;
- measuring, cutting tools - metal ruler, measuring tape, level, plumb.
Figure 1. Tools for installing drywall.
For plating, a perforator or impact drill is required, with which blind holes are drilled in the bearing walls, a screwdriver for fixing the frame members, sheets of moisture-resistant material. Fig. 1.
The bathroom is operated at high humidity, therefore, as a waterproofing layer, primers of deep penetration are commonly used that have universal properties:
- creating a moisture barrier by filling the wall pores;
- hardening of the outer layer to increase the life of the power structures.
Gypsum cardboard after such treatment of walls, ceilings will serve twice as long, the risk of flooding the lower floor will decrease.
Finishing the bathroom begins with the marking, since each sheet must be fixed at the edges, the middle of the width, to the vertical jumper. Then a vertical frame is created on the vertical surfaces:
- on the perimeter of the floor is fixed the guide profile taking into account the location of niches, whole rows of tiles;
- a similar operation is performed on the plane of the ceiling;
- in the corners of the room on a vertical level in the two planes fix the posts;
- between them a cord is stretched, middle racks are mounted with a step of 0.6 m (the distance is taken along the centers of the middle racks, the angular profiles are covered with the material completely);
- horizontal jumpers are added to the construction (step 0.6 m).
Figure 2. Between the ends of the sheets, one should keep clearances of 1 - 1.5 cm in thickness.
The large bathroom has high ceilings, therefore each leaf GCR needs to be increased in height. It is necessary to shift the seams to ensure the rigidity of the structure:
- The first sheet starts from the floor, is complemented by the top insert;
- the next starts from the ceiling, the insert is mounted below.
Between the ends of the sheets it is necessary to leave technological gaps of 1 - 1.5 cm. Factory plates have chamfers necessary for pasting joints with a serpent. On cut pieces they are made independently with a knife or a plane. Fig. 2.
Screws in the same joint on different sheets are fastened in unison, the head of the hardware is recessed into the material for subsequent masking with a filler. External, internal corners are strengthened by a perforated corner, also shpakkuyuschimsya in the next stage. In the places of communication, holes are cut out, the sheets are fixed with additional jumpers.
In the place of installation of shut-off valves, a water meter, a coarse filter, a technological hatch of the same material is usually manufactured, or a finished product with a complex opening system is purchased. To do this, the perimeter of the hatch is strengthened by vertical struts, horizontal crosspieces of the same profile that was used in the main frame. Similarly, niches are created for washing machines, installations of suspended plumbing fixtures are assembled. Fig. 3.
Figure 3. In the place of installation of shut-off valves, a water meter, a coarse filter, a technological hatch made of plasterboard is installed, which is then trimmed with tiles.
If the bathroom plans to install hanging cabinets, shelves, it is necessary to pre-assemble in the appropriate places of the rack, jumper, sketch the layout of the elements of the frame before it is plastered with plastering to the corners, floor, ceiling. This will help to hang furniture on the racks, and not in the void. Between the sheets of GKL, bearing walls, there is enough space to place electrical wiring, which, in order to ensure fire safety, protection against electric shock, must be hidden in the corrugated tubes.
Complex designs (arches, bay windows) in plumbing rooms are usually absent.
It is not recommended that the corners be covered with this material, in which the installation of shower cabins is planned.
With direct contact with water, even moisture resistant gypsum board is destroyed. In this case, a reasonable option is to lining the sheets of the GKLV to the cabin frame, its inner part is covered with PVC panels along the same frame without changing the thickness of the lining.