When repairing the bathroom there are no minor and unimportant details. There must be a responsible and serious approach to everything. Only then everything will work correctly and harmoniously. To the sewer pipe is connected a structure called a siphon. This detail affects the drainage of water and neutralizes possible unpleasant odors. If you decide to take a bath and accidentally forgot about it, excess water will merge through the siphon. It is installed not only in the shower cubicle or the bathroom, but also in the sink and sink.
Scheme of the device of a bottle siphon.
Features of choice
Siphon can be made from a variety of materials, such as PVC, steel, brass, propylene and other materials. The siphon is fastened with flexible pipes, they serve to connect the structure with sewer pipes.
Siphons are divided into automatic and semi-automatic. In order for the semi-automatic machine to come into operation, it is necessary to turn the special cover. It is very user-friendly and has a pretty attractive appearance. There is one drawback - after a long-term use of the cable will start to seize, there will be disruptions in operation. Automatic siphon is a more reliable and robust design. With proper installation and operation it will serve a fairly long time.
So, the bath siphon protects against water transfusion. A shell of acrid, unpleasant odors, which is inevitable in the kitchen. That is why the importance of choosing a quality siphon can not be underestimated. Siphons for shells are metal and plastic. Metal is reliability, quality and aesthetic appearance. Such a design will harmoniously enter into any kitchen interior and will perfectly perform its important functions. Plastic are modern solutions. Pluses of plastic - this is an acceptable price, strength and reliability with a minimum weight of the product, resistance to negative effects, unitarity of the installation and, of course, the absence of lime scale on the pipes.
Types of siphons.
Siphons for shells come in four types:
- Corrugated - is a corrugated pipe, which is very easy to bend and lock in any position, this design minimizes the appearance of leaks. This is the simplest and most simple kind. By the disadvantages can be attributed to the fact that the pipes can be deformed from boiling water, and the folds of the hose clogged with grease and dirt.
- A flask siphon is a very rigid structure. Undoubted plus designs are the ability to clean the pipe with special detergents.
- The pipe siphon is not the best possible option. With rare use, an extremely unpleasant odor appears.
- The so-called dry siphon is one of the most thought out and good options. Is in high demand due to its remarkable qualities. After the water was missed, it dries very quickly, for which it got its name.
If you buy an exclusive and non-standard sink, then, as a rule, a siphon is already included. A standard model is suitable for an ordinary shell. The size of the siphon depends on how much you will connect to it, the more equipment (washing machines, dishwashers), the larger the siphon size should be. When choosing it is very important to consider how much water will flow through the device, what will be the head.
Siphons can be picked up with a rather original design. But to save in this matter is not exactly worth it, the functions performed by this design should not be underestimated.
It is very important to pay attention to the quality of the installed gaskets and rubberized washers.
Measure the height so that you do not have difficulty in mounting.
How to collect a siphon for a bath? From materials and tools you only need a siphon and a hand tool - a screwdriver. All the screws and nuts go in the kit.
Scheme of siphon assembly.
The first step is to carefully study the instructions when doing this kind of work. Familiarize yourself with all the intricacies and nuances of the assembly.
The second step - a cork, which serves to drain water, is attached with the help of its chain to the overflow overlay.
The third step - protecting the grille in conjunction with a rubberized gasket is installed in its place - a drain hole.
The fourth step - at the uppermost part of the branch pipe there is a platform with a special board for gaskets and rings. The gasket is inserted into the allotted space and firmly pressed against the body of the bath. If you do not press hard enough, there will certainly be a leak. The screw must be screwed into the protective grille and tightened securely with a screwdriver.
The next necessary detail is the removable siphon wheel. In it, it is necessary to make a branch pipe and securely fasten it with a coupling nut, under which a special gasket in the form of a cone is installed. The further action is the realization of the coupling between the knee and the adapter, due to which the height of your siphon will be regulated.
In the second nut, which is located in the adapter, you should fit a gasket flat shape. This is done for the most durable and strongest connection with the drainage outlet. After all these operations, the collection of one part of the siphon can be considered complete.
On the branch pipe there is a special tap for pouring water. Your task is to attach a flexible hose to it using an ordinary flat gasket and a nut.
In the same way, a flexible hose, called an accordion, is attached to the overflow pipe.
A gasket is added to the top of the nozzle. And a special screw is attached to the overlay for overflowing water. This was the final step. Before you turn on the water, you need to re-examine everything and check. The device is ready for further use.
This is a standard system for assembling a siphon. The principle is absolutely the same for any model.
Mounting for shower enclosure
All parts need to be spread out and well inspected. The first thing is putting on the gasket and tightening the thread. The corrugated pipe is stretched to the length that you need. Release of the siphon and overflow must be connected to the drain.
The gasket must be properly put on, so that in case of contamination and blockage it is removed without any difficulties and does not interfere with the cleaning of the structure. The work is finished. You need to turn on the water, to see if everything is working properly.
Scheme of mounting the siphon
- The grate with the gasket must be connected and installed on the drain hole.
- A rubberized gasket with a thickness of 5 mm is attached to the side of the branch pipe, no less than, otherwise it will be very difficult to cope with its task.
- The upper part of the nozzle should be pressed very hard against the sink, and the second, unoccupied, by hand, you must simultaneously insert the connecting screw into the grate and carefully tighten the handpiece into the nut of the branch pipe.
- The nut with the maximum density is inserted into the opening of the body of the branch pipe.
- On the outlet branch pipe, it is necessary to put on the screed nut and insert the gasket.
- At the top of the siphon, carefully insert the nozzle and install the structure to the height that you need, after these actions, tighten the nut securely with a screwdriver.
- In the so-called siphon cover, you should put a rubber gasket and screw the cover to the housing.
- It is recommended to wrap the cover with the winding for sanitary ware.
- Sewage tap must be connected to the pipe, again with nuts and gaskets. In the event that the pipe or branch is not of a standard size, a special adapter is used.
The work is completed. The siphon is fully ready for operation.
As you can see, it is not difficult to assemble the siphon with your own hands. But the home master needs to do this job carefully and carefully, following the instructions and advice of competent people. If you follow everything consistently and accurately according to plan, you will not have to pay for expensive specialist services.