For such rooms as a bathroom, with a high level of humidity, temperature gradient, high hygiene requirements, the ideal and traditional material is ceramic tiles or ceramic-based coatings, porcelain stoneware, and the like.
Tile is the most suitable covering for a bathroom, as it well withstands high humidity and temperature.
Modern manufacturing techniques have made it a design for every taste, for example, there is one that accurately copies the appearance of a wood structure, a mirror image, etc. Styling depends on its durability and beauty. Proper packing will save material. Ways of laying tiles in the bathroom are different depending on the shape, color solution of the material.
Tile parameters, design (in some cases) affect the way of laying. The main forms are a square and a rectangle. The floor is tiled with larger tiles, the walls are made of smaller material.
Ways of laying tiles in the bathroom.
Although to taste you can choose any. For the floor, there are species with increased resistance to abrasion. It should be borne in mind that complex laying will require cutting.
A very popular way of laying - when the tile on the top of the wall is used lighter, and in the lower - darker, a curb or dividing line is made between them. This is a good design, but now more and more people want extraordinary and original solutions. Especially for very small rooms, this method does not quite fit.
Ways of laying tiles in the bathroom can be divided into two large groups:
- by color;
- by form.
Ways of laying
Options for laying tiles in the bathroom.
- "Seam in the seam", basic, direct styling. The traditional way of laying tiles in the bathroom. The tile is laid in straight rows along the lines of the premises. Verticality, horizontal and evenness of the rows are verified in the course of work with the help of a plumb and square. Take the tile square and rectangular. Advantages of this method: saves material (minimum cutting), allows the use of ornaments and borders. The seams between the tiles coincide. Covering like a sheet in a cage. A simple, smooth background is good for scenery, panels.
- Rash or dressing. The method of laying copies the masonry with brick, the tile is taken in a rectangular shape. This is a simple technology, but it has several nuances. If you take two colors, the surface becomes uneven. This laying is horizontal, of course, if it is provided for in the design, then it can be laid vertically. With this method, you can use a tile slightly different in size: for example, alternating a row of tiles is longer or wider by 2 cm. Each next row is displaced in relation to the previous one, a brickwork similar to brick is left. When you move half the tile, the method is called half-way.
- Diagonal masonry. For this method you need to have some skills, here you have to carefully calculate the place for the tile and its placement. The tile is cut to the right parts in the process. Therefore, this method is more labor-consuming and resource-intensive. With this method, the seams acquire the appearance of diagonal intersecting lines, their level is verified by a square. The method is very effective in terms of design and style. Tile take only square. Such a masonry expands the space, hides uneven angles. The first rows are laid out from the cut tiles, so a lot of waste. In addition, you need to master the technique and tools for cutting tiles.
- Modular styling. It takes a tile of various parameters, but the shape is the same. From such different tiles a pattern is formed, which differs from the usual ones. It can be a correct ornament, a chaotic pattern with a certain order depending on the designer's idea. With it, three or more types of material are used, an effective dynamic pattern is obtained. Such a tile is specially marked with the word "Modular". Its sides are multiple.
Scheme of straight laying tiles in the bathroom.
- Vertical calculations. A fairly new way. A vertical strip forms, it smoothly passes to the floor. So distinguish specific details of the interior (furniture, plumbing), and in addition, it increases the height of the room.
- Strips. Combining them, zoning the room. For example, using a tile of three colors. Some areas are separated by stripes vertically, while horizontal areas emphasize decoration, especially if they are of contrasting colors. The lines are made solid and interrupted.
- Chess order. It is based on the seam-seam method and the diagonal method, here two tile shades are used. This is a classic pattern. Take not only black and white, but any others.
- Linear method. For its implementation, take a tile of different shades with the same parameters. As a result, different lines are obtained: symmetrical, crossing, broken lines.
- Ornamental method. The design of the tile laid in this way is reminiscent of a carpet, there is a structured pattern, a center, a border or geometric images over the entire area, a border along the edges. You can lay a tile in a mosaic, lay out a pattern, a drawing.
- Mirror tiles with facet. Very original material is a tile with a mirror surface. She, as a rule, is put in the bathroom diagonally. Reflective surfaces look great in a small bathroom, besides it's very stylish.
The laying process
Before laying tiles in the bathroom in the chosen way, first create a project on paper or in a computer program. Next, you need to calculate its number. To do this, measure the parameters of the room and the size of one tile. Some sites of the material producers have special calculators. For methods that require cutting material, it is taken with some margin in case of a fight.
The laying process плитки начинается с подготовки поверхности под нее.
Layout of tiling in the bathroom.
The old coating and flaking, crumbling material is removed, the surface must be clean and free of fine debris. Under the floor tiles in most cases make a screed, the walls are leveled, primed, shpaklyuyut, polished. If possible, apply waterproofing.
The tile is mounted in the bathroom on tile glue, it is sold in dry form. The final stage is grouting joints. To do this, use a special mixture.
To increase the height of the room there are such tricks:
- vertical laying;
- bright friezes along the vertical;
- Details of the decoration should be placed at eye level.
- tiles of medium size;
- Cold shades (white, blue, silver, mirror);
- horizontal laying;
- floor tiles - diagonally;
- cross ornament and contrasting borders.
It is good to use a collection of tiles, because they are created specifically to harmoniously combine. There is a tile, which is specially designed for specific ways of laying.