In each private house or apartment in the process of repair work, various plumbing structures are installed, which are needed for comfortable living. Toilets are especially important. Their high performance can be achieved by upgrading the flush toilet system.
The scheme of the device of a drain tank.
This design is one of the main elements of the toilet, so it is important to know how to repair the toilet bowl. The device is a cup with devices for the descent and recruitment of water.
To date, a large number of drainage mechanisms of various types and types can be found in the plumbing market. Tanks of this type can be classified in many ways.
The first parameter is the location of the structure. Modern drainage devices are installed using a traditional method, creating a single design with a toilet bowl. Such a device is good in that it will not be necessary to install the escape tube, which is used as a conductor between the drain mechanism and the toilet bowl.
Schematic diagram of a device without a float tank.
Today, hanging toilet bowls and various hidden devices are popular. In the first case, the tank will need to hang over the toilet. Such a device contributes to a large head of water, therefore, a good discharge is made. The main disadvantage of the hanging device is the high level of noise that is created during the flushing of the toilet bowl. Despite this, the design is considered convenient and practical. The appearance of this device fits perfectly into the interior of the retro room.
For apartments with European-quality repair, installation of the installation is the most suitable option. The tank is installed in the wall so that it becomes invisible in the bathroom. To start a similar system, you need to click on the special button on the panel.
To date, most often installed a drain tank, which has a trigger with a button. This system is reliable and durable. The button is located in the center or on the side of the bowl for draining. A similar product is used for closed types of drain cisterns.
On the market you can find and drain structures, which are equipped with levers or chains. Most often such a device is placed on the side of the drain system.
Flow chart of the float tank.
To drain the water, you need to pull the chain or lever. This product is quite convenient for a hanging cup plum. The trigger device itself, regardless of the mounting method, can be either manual or automatic. In the first case, the user himself must determine the amount of water that is washed away. This can be done by pressing the button.
Draining tanks can also be classified according to the material of manufacture. Such designs are in most cases made of the following materials:
- cast iron;
Now installation of a drain tank from pig-iron is made seldom enough. Such devices have survived only in some old buildings. Most often there are pots of faience, which can be used for both a hinged device and a hinged device. Cups of plastic are used in drainage structures that are built into the wall. Similar tanks are small in size.
Tanks can be mechanical and automatic. In the latter case, you just need to press the shutter release button. In mechanical structures, water will flow as long as the user holds the button.
If you know the components of the structure for drainage, the installation of the waste tank can easily be done with your own hands.
The structure consists of the following elements:
The assembly of the float valve.
- The filling valve. This device, which regulates the water level in the tank. As an indicator, a float is used, which is fixed by a rod made of brass with a valve. Previously, in a drainage system, a similar valve was placed in the side part, and the float was installed horizontally. In new designs, manufacturers, retaining the usual operating principle, placed a valve of this type at the bottom of the bowl for draining, with the float being installed vertically.
- Device for draining and overflowing water. A similar construction consists of plastic fittings, which are equipped with buttons for starting. The drain is connected to the structures of the set and overflow of water. If you press the starter, the system will come into effect. To avoid pouring out excess water, the drainage device is connected to the overflow design. As a result, the excess liquid goes into the sewage system. An important role in this design is played by a crane that connects directly to the float that makes the adjustment of the water level. If the tap becomes unusable, the water in the tank will leak.
Features of work
- With the help of special traction, the drain valve opens and the drain is blocked. Water will be supplied as long as the shutter release button is pressed.
- When the amount of water in the flushing tank is reduced to a minimum, the descent valve closes, overlapping the overflow flow. Together with it, the tap of the float will open.
- The valve will take its original position when the descent device is released. With it, drain holes are also closed.
- When the amount of water in the reservoir decreases, the float will drop down, causing the float valve to open. Through it, the sink bowl will be filled with water. The filling of the tank will stop when the water reaches the desired level. The float will return to its original position, the float valve will close the drain, through which water was supplied.
Wall mounted devices
Scheme of the float device on low-set tanks.
The siphon acts as the main element of the wall cup for draining. This construction consists of a soft corrugated tube. For the trigger device the lever from metal is most often used. If you press it, water will come out through the open part of the siphon tube from the corrugation. The principle of operation of a wall-mounted drainage tank is as follows:
- In the process of pressing the release lever, the valve opens the siphon.
- A water flow enters the siphon hole.
- When the amount of water in the flushing tank decreases, the float will lower by opening the corresponding valve. Through it, the tank will be filled with water.
- Water will fill the cup capacity until the float rises. After that, the corresponding valve closes, preventing the tank from overflowing with water.
When installing or repairing this container, shut off the water. The main breakdowns that can damage the toilet are connected to the drain tank. If you need to repair this design, then it is recommended to use the services of plumbing. However, if there is a desire to eliminate the breakdown with your own hands, then you should know all the existing nuances.
Elements that will be needed to perform the capacity repair:
- Details of the drain tank;
In most cases, the cause of the appearance of liquid in the room is a breakage of the attachment. The first step is to determine the cause of the leak. The options can be:
The scheme of installation and connection of a drain tank.
- Violation of the bolt pads for fasteners.
- Wear ring for sealing, which is installed between the bowl of the toilet bowl and the tank.
All this can be determined by visual inspection of the structure. In this case, you should try to tighten the bolts for fasteners, but excessive efforts in this case are unacceptable, since it is easy to damage the drain tank.
If the tightening of the fasteners has not eliminated the problem, you will need to dismantle the drain tank and replace the rubber sealing elements that are located on the drain channel. In this case, you will also need to replace the gaskets and washers with bolts for fasteners.
In some cases, the leakage may be caused by a leaky seal at the injection site. This problem in most cases occurs in tanks with a lower wiring. To eliminate it, you need to replace the seals.
All joints are recommended to be additionally treated with silicone.
Such a breakdown can occur for a large number of reasons. Repair of some elements can be done quickly enough, however, it may sometimes be necessary to completely replace the tank fittings.
In most cases, the problem lies in the skewing of the float structure. It happens that it becomes in a non-working position. In this case, to repair the tank you only need to fix the float.
In some cases, the integrity of the buoyancy structure may be compromised. Often it is made in the form of a sealed metal or plastic device. The water that enters the float does not allow it to return to its original position, at which the flow of water from the aqueduct can be blocked. As a result, excess liquid is discharged through the overflow device.
In this case, repair can be done by replacing the entire fluid supply device in the tank. To do this, you need to block the water from the riser, dismantle the entire structure, and then install a new device in place of the old one.
In the process of choosing such an armature, it is necessary to pay attention to its dimensions and design features. It should be noted that some models are not interchangeable.
The cause of this breakdown can be the wear and tear of the sealing elements of the shutoff valves. Then repair is done by replacing these items. To do this, you need to remove the tank.
To repair the toilet bowl is simple enough, you just need to determine the cause of the failure of the structure correctly.