About the fact that tiles - the best material for finishing the bathroom, everyone knows. Especially popular tile has earned thanks to its properties of protecting the surfaces from the harmful effects of humidity, chemicals and frequent temperature changes. The tile is very simple to install, and the coating from it is durable, easy to clean and durable. If you apply some design experience, the bathroom, decorated with tiles, will look original and beautiful. What should be the design of the tiles?
Accent in the design of the bathroom can be both vertical and horizontal.
Since the bathroom has its own operational features, so the "tiled" issue becomes especially important. When selecting and laying tiles follow the following rules:
- Tiles for floors and walls are selected separately.
- For the bathroom floor, only a dense tile that does not slip is suitable.
- As a wall cladding, a finer tile is also suitable.
- It is important to organically combine the dimensions and colors of the material.
- The design of tiles in the bathroom is complemented by decorative accessories and mirrors.
- Light shades will bring freshness into the bathroom, more vivid and bright - cheerfulness.
How to lay a tile?
Figure 1. Tile of light tones visually expands the space.
The tile on the floor in the bathroom can be laid out in one of the following ways:
- The main ("seam in the seam") is a classic option. It provides for the docking of elements in all directions in all rows.
- Diagonal ("at an angle") - one of the main options for stacking, but the elements here have, joining them diagonally. The method perfectly hides the unevenness of surfaces, but there is also a minus: with it, the consumption of material is increased because of the need to cut the edge elements.
- "Vsrabezhku" is considered to be the simplest version in execution. Optimal for rectangular tile shapes. Masonry is similar to classic brick: each subsequent row is shifted to the half of the element.
- Chess. Here the tiles have, as in the basic version, but use the effect of contrasting shades: the alternation of light and dark colors of the tile resembles the pattern of the chess field.
- Chess at an angle is a variation of the previous method. It is carried out diagonally. It is preferable to lay with floor finishing. For walls, this method is not entirely appropriate, since it heavily burdens the eyesight.
More complex patterns from the above are more appropriate for spacious bathrooms. But for the toilet they do not quite fit, since the room usually does not differ a large area. It is better to lay tiles in the main ways of laying (horizontally, diagonally). Especially diagonal layout is recommended for those rooms that need to be visually expanded.
To pull the toilet along or across it is advisable to prepare a rectangular tile and lay it in the direction of the narrow side of the room.
Today, the decoration with relief tiles, the use of mosaics and all sorts of combinations of materials are particularly in demand.
Figure 2. Very beautiful look combinations of different tiles, the main thing is to choose the combined colors.
Usually for finishing the bathroom use a tile with warm and light colors, which can visually increase the volume of the surrounding space (Figure 1).
However, now they are more often used bright inserts (especially with green and orange hues).
The combined design of tiles with elements of different textures and sizes in terms of visual increase in volume is good, while creating a stylish bathroom interior (Figure 2).
Large drawings or ornaments from tiles are not advised to be laid in small toilets (due to the inability to view them from a short distance), however in a large bathroom they will be quite appropriate.
Now in the fashion that gravitates towards naturalness, naturalness, nature. The tile design from world producers abounds in many textures imitating the motives of wild nature: natural stone, bamboo, sandstone, leopard.
As before, natural materials with imitation of natural elements, tile variants with "irregular" geometry and non-standard sizes remain in fashion.
The interior of the bathroom mirror tiles, represented by sliced pieces of glass of different shapes, looks peculiar. The material is light enough when laying, but when working with it, you must follow the accuracy due to its fragility.
What is the popularity of the mosaic?
In some cases, the tile design can be represented by a combination of conventional tiles and mosaics.
Figure 3. With the help of a mosaic, you can create almost any pattern that will give the bathroom its originality and elegance.
Especially this method is applicable when the bath has large dimensions and it is planned to perform zoning in it. In this situation, several isolated zones with the same style direction are equipped with the same accessories.
From the mosaic it is possible to make separate inserts on the surface of the walls or lay it out in the role of a curb (Figure 3).
Laying out the surfaces of walls and floor with a mosaic is not recommended for a small room (it visually "conceals" the space), but a spacious bathroom (and a toilet too) can be trimmed that way.
If there is no desire (or possibility) to resort to the services of designers who plan the choice and location of the tile, then the design of tile can be done independently.
This method is suitable especially for those who love and knows how to draw, intends to make the interior of the bathroom fashionable and stylish. To do this, paint the material with oil paints.
The tile is laid out in the order in which it will be attached to the surface. Applying it floral decoration or some image, sent to the oven to bake at high temperature. In the furnace, the coating is aged for about 20 minutes.
After completing all these operations, you get a tile design created with your own hands.
It is now difficult to imagine a bathroom without a tile. But not every tile looks beautiful. Do not forget about this when finishing the bathroom.