Everyone can imagine how irritating this is when the water in the toilet constantly flows. Not only that at night it becomes quite difficult to sleep, so the toilet itself gets rust, and the pipes - condensate. And this is without mentioning the receipts for water, which will increase due to "leakage".
Usually the toilet is leaking at the junctions of the supply of water or a sewage pipe, or the drainage system in the tank breaks.
The reasons for this trouble can be several. Depending on why the water flows, you should also choose the method of solving the problem.
Types of breakdowns
The toilet is the thing that is in every house, and since it is often used, it has the property of breaking down. Most often you can find the following types of breakdowns:
The general scheme of the device of a toilet bowl.
- From the water pipes continuously water enters the drain tank;
- the water constantly flows from the barrel itself into the bowl of the toilet bowl;
- depending on the flushing method (button or lever), the water does not immediately start its flushing action;
- the lever or button does not want to work;
- there is a bowl of a toilet bowl or a tank;
- The water in the drain tank goes too fast, which is accompanied by great noise.
Each of these failures brings discomfort to the toilet holder, and there is a headache about how to deal with it all. Of course, sometimes there is enough and ordinary sealing of the seams, but in some cases you will have to go to the store and buy new parts of the system. When working on such problems, first of all you should find out the cause of the malfunction.
One of the reasons for the leakage of water can become overflow capacity of the tank. In this case, water will escape through special openings.
The failure of this mechanism can be caused by the following reasons:
Scheme of a bat.
- The gasket located in the valve has lost its original shape. The longer the toilet seat in operation, the greater the likelihood that the rubber has become stiff. Having lost its elasticity, the valve ceases to function as a water barrier.
- The gasket is not pressed properly. In general, there are no problems with the detail itself, simply there is not enough pressing force.
- On the hairpin, rust formed or it frayed. This element keeps the float lever in the valve body.
- A crack on the valve body from the inside of the tank. But this defect can be observed only in plastic products, it does not threaten brass.
If the detected leak is a consequence of one of the above reasons, then you should not get upset immediately. You can also solve this problem yourself. To do this, it is necessary to perform only the following actions to check the technique:
- The top cover from the tank is removed.
- Then the float rises with a finger. If the water in the toilet stopped running, then the problem is detected. To eliminate it, it is only necessary to modify the shape of the float arm by bending it so that the water overlap becomes earlier.
- If, after the above check procedure, water is still flowing, then you should pay attention to the valve. First of all, the hairpin is subjected to examination: in what condition is it, whether it is intact. Attention is also paid to the very fastening hole.
If the problem is still in the hairpin, then it is easy to replace. For this purpose, you can use a copper thick wire, cut to the size of the old element. This is the case if the hairpin was deformed, and if its stroke slightly loosened in the working hole, then it is necessary to replace the valve with a new one.
If the drainage system breaks down, it can be completely replaced with a new one.
To purchase exactly the right product for the toilet, it is best to go to the store with the old part.
- If the flowing water continues its irritating effect even after the gasket of the valve is pressed against the hole, then there is nothing to do without buying new parts. Alas, you can not buy a separate gasket, you have to fork out the whole mechanism.
It should be noted right away that the above methods are suitable for standard toilet mechanisms. More modernized designs have a more complex device, which makes it difficult to find the reason why the water flows, and accordingly, it is somewhat more difficult to fix this.
When, peering into the tank, it is evident that the water level does not reach the drain holes, but the water still flows, then the question may be in the bolt. He pulls the toilet and the shelf, and if at home there is an old design with a brass saddle for a pear, then in this case there will be two more bolts.
The hairpin made of steel wire quickly rusts and with frequent flushing, the plastic of the valve body is wiped off.
Their main purpose is to fix the saddle and the gasket, which is located on the bottom of the tank. They are also used to fasten the guide under the pear stem. Since the interaction of water and metal is inevitably accompanied by rust, they eventually break down.
In order to resolve this problematic issue, we must finally make sure that the water does not reach the proper level. Next, attention should be paid to the condition of the reinforcement. If it has no visible damage, the fault can be eliminated by replacing only a pair of bolts. But the best option is to replace the entire system, especially since the cost is quite acceptable.
To perform a complete disassembly of the tank, and then collect it, you need to do the following:
- In the toilet, all the water is blocked, and the one that remains in the tank is washed off.
- Further, flexible wiring is disconnected.
- After that, the shelf and toilet are disconnected, for which the bolts are untwisted. It may happen that they are covered with rust, then they are cut using a hacksaw or a turbine. If the bolts do not loosen freely, do not put too much pressure on them, as this can lead to damage in the toilet itself. And buying bolts is much cheaper than the whole design.
The tank is shifted back so that it is possible to pull the shelf out of the cuff. Further, it is cleaned of the remaining water and placed on the work surface.
Touch the valve and the float in this case there is no need. All the rest should be disassembled into components. To do this, you may need to use wrench or combination pliers. And again, in case of difficulties with the unscrewing of the bolts, they are simply cut off.
Install a brass valve, it is more reliable, as it does not rust.
After the old bolts are replaced, there is a reverse assembly process. It is better to purchase brass elements, so at least there is a possibility that the plumbing equipment will last longer. Specialists note that rubber gaskets are replaced with any interference in the "inside" of the toilet. But before they are worn, the surface must be thoroughly cleaned from the plaque of rust and limestone.
The rubber cuff is rolled in the direction of the toilet, after which it is straightened out when it is put on the shelf release. With the help of plastic screws, the shelf and the tank are connected. Sometimes there is a need for additional fixation. To do this, using a copper wire or clamp, the cuff is pulled together. This procedure will help in the future to avoid leakage, since over time it loses its elasticity.
Trouble with leaking
It also happens that the water flows, and this despite the fact that the drain hole is still far away, and the bolts themselves are not damaged and remain in their places.
One of the hindrance elements in the toilet is the pear. It just prevents free flow of water. If you take hold of the rod and raise it upwards, then this part is raised too (which will give a free flow of liquid), and if you release the stem, it will fall (and clog the hole).
From the interaction of water with rubber, the latter loses its elasticity and takes on rigid forms. Accordingly, it does not fully cover the channel, which leads to leaks.
The best option would be if you replace a worn pear.
To disassemble it, unscrew it counter-clockwise on the rod. In order not to visit the store several times, you must carefully choose this part, stopping your choice on those models that are as soft as possible.
If at the moment, for some reason, there is no way to buy a new pear, you can use a temporary alternative. To do this, a stock is hung on the stock, which will simply press down the pear to the saddle. For these purposes, you can look for large-sized nuts in your farm.
Of course, this is not the whole list of possible breakdowns. But in any case, each leak requires an individual study and approach. If there are problems in the self-repair of the toilet, it is better to contact a qualified specialist.