Quite often, when renovating a bathroom, residents of an apartment face the fact that an old iron riser has worn out, noticeable chips or cracks began to appear in it and water begins to seep through them.
Replacement scheme of sewer pipes.
If this happens, replacing the sewer pipe is simply necessary.
Sewerage in a private house.
Usually it is required to replace the old sewage pipe from the cast iron with a new polypropylene pipe, but first it is necessary to select all the materials needed for this job:
- rubber cuff, which will have to be installed into the socket of the existing pipe to securely connect it to the polypropylene pipe;
- tee made of plastic 110/110/100 mm, which is selected for the required angles, a special plastic crosspiece can be used with a tap of 50 mm to the required side;
- pipe or even 2 pipes, depending on the required height of the riser with a diameter of 110 mm;
- compensator, which will need to connect the pipes;
- an adapter made of plastic, equipped with rubber cuffs, by means of which it will be possible to connect the riser to the upper part of the sewage pipe, which has no bell;
- metal clamps for reliable attachment of the sewer pipe to the wall structure;
- taps made of plastic, used for precise alignment or small shear of pipes, if necessary.
Of course, special tools will be required:
- saw-bolgar and removable disks to it;
- A special gas burner, instead of it, a conventional blowtorch is also suitable;
- teeth or stamens;
- different screwdrivers;
- hammer for dismantling;
- A bucket for draining the remaining water from the system;
- stepladder for comfortable work at height;
- silicone sealant for sealing joints;
To protect yourself during the replacement of pipes, you need to purchase:
- protective glasses with transparent glasses;
Dismounting the riser
The device of internal pipeline network.
It is necessary to first cut off the water in the apartment and warn the neighbors from above so that they do not turn on the water and do not use the sewage system for a while. To replace the elements, you need to dismantle the old riser. To do this, make cuts in the meter from the distribution tee with a saw, then cut the pipe under the ceiling and, hitting the chisel on the chisel, chop it at the same level along the entire diameter first at the bottom of the pipe, and then at the top, and gently pull out a piece of the old riser.
Replacement of the sewerage riser consists, among other things, of such not very pleasant work as riveting the socket. To do this, you need to tap it with a hammer, but slightly, otherwise it may burst, and on that part of the riser that goes into the ceiling, cracks can form.
If the socket staggered, it was crocheted by winding ropes and carbolic. It will be necessary to pick up the rope, then it should be carefully pulled out to the pliers, helping yourself with a screwdriver. The flare is loosened until it can be pulled out. If the coiling was done by pouring sulfur, then to extract the bell it will have to be burned using a blowtorch. Warm sulfur evenly in a circle, working in protective glasses, gloves and a respirator. Then the saddle of the socket is stripped with a chisel in order to smoothly install the sealing collar.
Installation of pipes
Installation of sewer risers.
Typically, the replacement of the riser is carried out in the following order:
- At the top of the polypropylene pipe used for the new riser, fix the rubber cuff, putting it on that cast-iron pipe that goes to the upper apartment. Joints should be carefully and carefully patched with silicone sealant.
- In the cuff, fix the plastic adapter.
- In the lower bell of the existing riser or the remaining tee, another adapter is installed.
- It is necessary to accurately measure the length of the pipe to be installed together with the compensator. Do this as follows: the tube is fixed to the upper bell and cut 5 cm higher than the bell line located at the bottom. Connect all the details.
- Pipes should be attached to the wall with metal clamps to prevent displacement and rupture.
- If the tee requires replacement, then during the installation of the riser you need to install a new part. If two pipes are used for the replacement, it is necessary to install a compensator in the place of their connection.
- All compounds must be treated very carefully with silicone sealant.
After that, the replacement of the riser can be considered completed, all stages of operation are sufficiently clear and simple and can be produced by the person who has certain skills in construction and repair. But if there is any doubt about your own abilities and capabilities, it is better to entrust the work to professionals to prevent possible leaks or pipe ruptures due to incorrect replacement of communication.