The first mention of the Art Nouveau style appeared in the 19th century. This style was different for its uniqueness, diversity and embodiment of original ideas. The main feature of this style is the withdrawal from strict and straight lines.
In the Art Nouveau style, a pearl-gray, lilac, gray-blue gamma of tones is used. In the design of the style for decorative use techniques such as images of unusual birds, feathers, bright and rich red color.
The Art Nouveau design is ideal for a bedroom and a living room.
When creating a bedroom design in the Art Nouveau style, it is important to remember the functional purpose of the room, to possess a subtle sense of style.
To create an atmosphere of coziness and warmth, the bedroom is decorated in restrained tones, using high-quality and high-quality materials.
The most popular materials used in this style, such as silk with natural ornament or monophonic non-woven wallpaper, wallpaper with a convex image, decorative plaster and ceramics.
We also recommend:
- Floor in the bedroom - the criteria for choosing the perfect bedroom cover + 80 photo design
- Partition in the bedroom - 70 photos of the ideal zoning in the bedroom
- Pink bedroom - a fashionable and effective design (58 photos of new products)
The color palette of the bedroom in the Art Nouveau style should be very low-key, but to emphasize non-standard solutions in the decor apply large exclusive drawings on a gentle background.
For ceilings, the choice among smooth finishing materials will be successful. In the case of choosing a stretch ceiling, the original versions of the 3D ceiling will be in restrained tones or with a blurry ornament. In a similar color scheme, floor coverings are also selected.
We also recommend:
- Nightlights in the bedroom: an overview of unusual design options in the interior of the bedroom (65 photos)
- Armchair in the bedroom - how to choose? Overview of popular novelties + 90 photo design
- A banquet in the bedroom is an indispensable thing in the modern interior of every bedroom! 55 photos of design.
Bedroom furniture in Art Nouveau style
When choosing furniture for the modern bedroom, the rules of maximum functionality and minimalism adhere to. In this bedroom should only be present the most necessary set of furniture without excessive decorativeness and busting, piling up excess items.
In the interior of the modern bedroom, a headset is enough, which includes a bed with bedside tables, a dressing table with a mirror, a laundry chest and a practical wardrobe with a large number of shelves.
Therefore, to maintain minimalism and functionality, furniture for such a bedroom is selected with particular care.
We also recommend:
- Black and white bedroom - ways to design a harmonious design on 65 photos
- Bedside tables in the bedroom - decorated stylishly and tastefully (70 photos of ideas)
- Bedroom in the attic - 70 photos of original design ideas. A review of the merits of such a bedroom!
Modern style furniture uses high-quality materials: natural wood, MDF. All items of the headset have flowing lines, for making decorative use elements of forging or bronze, glass and mirror surfaces.
Models of beds of this direction on low legs with an oval or square with a streamlined shape of the back. Before the bed is very appropriate to put a small beautiful mat in the Art Nouveau style.
In the Art Nouveau style, experts distinguish between two directions: classic and Italian. Italian modernity bedrooms are characterized by features of special practicality, originality, graceful carvings. Most often this style is used in the interior of spacious rooms.
To create a bedroom in the same style for giving a special chic and uniqueness, it is recommended to follow certain rules:
- Observance of the symmetrical arrangement of objects, both diagonal, and central or axial;
- Violations of the correct proportionality: a multi-level ceiling, the original arrangement of furniture;
- The main light source is a massive chandelier, complemented by the sconces at the window;
- The palette of lilac and beige tones is used, in the decoration there is an obligatory presence of plant ornaments;
- To decorate the elements, the finish is made of natural or artificial stone or marble.
Bedroom in beige tones
The most popular and classic look is a bedroom photo in the Art Nouveau style when decorating a bedroom in beige tones.
Beige color due to its versatility is combined with a variety of colors: green, brown, blue, white.
Chandeliers of Art Nouveau in the bedroom are decorated with copper, gold or bronze to impart saturation and color. Original in the room will look unusual lights, flashy and bright frames for the photo.
For a clear separation of the ceiling and the wall, finishing materials with different texture are used. In the beige bedroom, dark curtains will harmoniously look.
The peculiarity of neutral beige color will make you feel comfortable at any time of the year: in the summer there will be no heat, and in the winter cold weather will not come from the walls.
A small space imposes its limitations when decorating in the Art Nouveau style. Currently, the furniture market produces a variety of models for small bedrooms. Modern modernist bedrooms are distinguished by their compactness, capacity and practical functionality.
Such a modular modern bedroom should also differ by the minimum number of necessary items.
To visually increase the space in the bedroom there must be a lot of light, stained glass or metal decor elements. Airiness of the room will give light curtains on the windows.
The main rule when decorating a small modern bedroom and creating an atmosphere of comfort and tranquility: do not overdo it and only furnish the most necessary and functional items.
Picture of bedroom in Art Nouveau style