By equipping the bedroom, it is important to pay serious attention to the choice of curtains. Correctly designed window can make the interior of the room more comfortable.
Well-chosen tulle in the bedroom in 2017 will not only help decorate the room, but also will be able to limit the arrival of light and hide the internal situation of the house from prying eyes.
History of creation
According to the story, this wonderful fabric appeared 6 centuries ago in France, in the city of Tul. At the request of the bride himself, the weavers created a fabric through which only the silhouette of the lady could be seen and nothing more.
The weavers of the city of Tulu carried out the order of the bride, and she in turn was very pleased with the result. Later, the wedding dress was sewn from this material to the bride. And the fabric began to be called by the name of the city - tulle.
"Tulle" is the French word for masculine gender. Because of this, it is worth saying: "tulle - he".
What makes a beautiful tulle in the bedroom
The initial samples included silk, linen and cotton. Such a thing could only afford rich people. With the advent of cotton machines, cotton prices fell sharply and tulle became more affordable. The use of synthetic fibers further reduced the price of the material, and allowed to get rid of the minuses of natural materials.
We also recommend:
- Floor in the bedroom - the criteria for choosing the perfect bedroom cover + 80 photo design
- Partition in the bedroom - 70 photos of the ideal zoning in the bedroom
- Pink bedroom - a fashionable and effective design (58 photos of new products)
Types of tulle
To date, there are 4 types of ready-made tulle in the bedroom:
- Organza. Despite its transparency and lightness, it is very elastic and rigid.
- Veil. Being soft and fairly transparent, this fabric is well draped.
- The thread. It consists of a set of separately hanging or intertwined threads and can be used both independently, when zoning the room, and in conjunction with more dense curtains
- Reticulate. This type is a fabric with a large mesh. Sometimes the mesh tulle is complemented by embroidery.
How to choose a beautiful tulle in the bedroom?
When choosing the appropriate curtains for your bedroom window, you should pay attention to:
For what this room is intended. In the bedroom, a person rests, so the atmosphere should be soothing relaxing. The atmosphere of safety is provided by well-chosen curtains.
We also recommend:
- Nightlights in the bedroom: an overview of unusual design options in the interior of the bedroom (65 photos)
- Armchair in the bedroom - how to choose? Overview of popular novelties + 90 photo design
- A banquet in the bedroom is an indispensable thing in the modern interior of every bedroom! 55 photos of design.
To hide from prying eyes everything that happens in the room, at night use dense curtains, in the afternoon - a transparent tulle.
Owners of apartments located on the ground floors will have to use more dense curtains with numerous masking folds. For rooms with low walls, a short tulle in the bedroom is perfect.
We also recommend:
- Black and white bedroom - ways to design a harmonious design on 65 photos
- Bedside tables in the bedroom - decorated stylishly and tastefully (70 photos of ideas)
- Bedroom in the attic - 70 photos of original design ideas. A review of the merits of such a bedroom!
In which direction of the light are the windows of your bedroom. The windows facing south and east are best covered with organza and denser types of tulle. For windows looking to the west, more transparent types of tulle are suitable: veil or thread curtains.
In what style is the whole room cleaned. This issue is very serious, because most styles involve the use of a narrow range of colors and shades, the specific design of the tulle to the bedroom.
Styles of minimalism and hi-tech suggest the presence in the interior of a gray and white tulle in the bedroom. Style Provence allows for the introduction of more colors into the interior, but they should not be sharply contrasting.
When choosing a color, pay attention to the relaxing shades, to neutral ones, however they can quickly get bored. Therefore, no one can say for sure what color you can use and which one you can not. It all depends on the particular bedroom. It is important that the tulle is combined with a common interior.
How to create folds
But how to achieve smooth, ideal folds on your curtain? There are two ways to create them:
With the use of curtain tape. It is a wide fabric tape with two built-in threads. First, the tape is sewn along the two edges to the top of the curtain, fixed to the curtain and then, by tightening the yarns, clear, beautiful folds are created.
With the introduction of eyelets. As you can see in the photo of the tulle in the bedroom, these are special rings, built into the upper part of the curtain. The tulle is subsequently suspended on these rings to the cornice.
So, considering the novelties of tulle for a bedroom, choose the most acceptable variant for you.
Photo of the tulle in the bedroom