If the area of housing is too small, the importance of rational use of each centimeter in the house becomes the foreground.
And, of course, the place under the stairs is no exception.
We use space under the stairs in the house
Begin preparation for the arrangement of the underbrush space, like any serious enterprise, follows from the planning. For this it is necessary to take into account such nuances:
- dimensions of the stairwell. Often its size allows you to equip the whole room, but sometimes, it turns out to fill the space with only a small locker;
- the fineness of the structure of the staircase and its shape;
- where there is a staircase. If it is an entrance hall, then most likely it is necessary to use this place as a locker room, and if the waiting room is like a room for rest or reading;
- the possibility of carrying out communications to the sublicent sector. The reality of these events will allow you to arrange a bathroom or toilet under the stairs;
- rational use of the space under the stairwell should be accompanied by the observance of technical safety and taking into account the number of people living in the house, as well as their age and actual need for potential buildings. Do not overlook the design of space, because its appearance must match the general interior.
Room under the stairwell
Unused space under the staircase can be converted into a full-fledged room.
Even if the area does not allow a large room to be built there, the right approach and the design of the space under the stairs will make it possible to arrange a small, but cozy and functional room there.
If the staircase march is in the area of a small kitchen, then this is the answer to the question of how to use the space under the stairs. It is necessary to admit that such a staircase arrangement is a rare phenomenon and is most often found in the interior, decorated in loft style.
We also recommend:
- Stand for flowers in the interior - 60 photos of ideas from designers
- Glass doors in the interior - which to choose? Overview of popular novelties + 75 photo designs
- Decoration of the aquarium: photo-review, stylish design solutions (80 photos)
In this case, the maximum utilization of the area of the room has an important aspect. Therefore, moving some equipment under the stairs, you can significantly relieve the small kitchen and make it more spacious.
Perhaps, the photos of the space under the staircase, equipped under the kitchen, will help you to decide on such a responsible step. After all, enterprises of this kind require consideration of many nuances.
We also recommend:
- Bed built-in closet: effective space saving (70 photo design)
- Decorative stone in the interior - 75 photos of the perfect design
- Curtain rails - 80 photos of an elegant and effective combination in the interior
It is necessary to take into account the shape and angle of the march itself, so that, in the future, it would be convenient for you to use the functional area for its intended purpose.
Do not forget to think about the question of how heat and steam will affect the ladder itself if you place a slab in this area. As is the case with the provision of this site with ventilation.
Is it possible to communicate there: gas, water pipes and light.
We also recommend:
- Decoupage of a glass jar - master class with step-by-step instruction (70 photos of ideas)
- Decor of flower pots - 55 photos of ideas for interior decoration
- Interior details - 70 photos of the best ideas for modern design
If, nevertheless, for furniture and cleaning you prefer a more convenient place in the kitchen, then on the area under the stairs you can arrange for the home appliances.
Closed space under the stairs
If the kitchen, equipped with a staircase, was an open area, then placing a toilet or bathroom there is considered a closed space.
To begin the equipment of a bathroom under a ladder march costs from installation of enclosing walls.
Do not forget about the nuances of such use of the room: temperature changes and high humidity. Also, care should be taken to ensure good ventilation, steam, heat and sound insulation.
Pantry under the stairs
Storage for storing different utensils, cans with conservation and other items can be made both open and closed area under the staircase.
Of course, in terms of aesthetics, it is better to protect this site with partitions and install the door in a convenient place for you. Shelves in the komorka can be located along or across the fenced area.
Everything depends on the location of the ladder and the possible location of the door.
Space under the stairs; hallway design ideas
If the hallway is empty space under the staircase, then this is an excellent opportunity to arrange a cloakroom there, having equipped it with a clothes hanger and shelves for shoes.
If space permits, the bench for a convenient process of taking off shoes will not hurt.
As you can see, do not ignore the unoccupied area under the staircase and make it up to it.
With a little effort, ingenuity, building materials and space under the stairs will not only be functional and will give comfort, but will also be a highlight in your home.
Photo space under the stairs