A very important role in modern apartment design is the decoration of the ceiling in the living room. Stretch ceiling is an integral part of the interior. Its use gives the room design a complete look. A huge plus of stretch ceilings can be considered that they do not require special care and are quite practical.
- Pros and cons in the use of stretch ceilings
- Selection of material for the manufacture of stretch ceilings
- Glossy coating
- Frosted cover
- Satin ceiling
- Cloth covering
- Stretch ceilings in the interior of rooms
- Stretch ceiling in the bedroom
- Stretched ceiling in the living room
- Stretch ceiling in the kitchen
- Installation of stretch ceiling
- Correctly take care of the ceiling
- 200 photos of suspended ceilings in the interior
Pros and cons in the use of stretch ceilings
The main advantages of stretch ceilings are their following positive characteristics:
- long operating period;
- simple installation;
- beautiful appearance;
- Do not let the moisture pass;
- high level of reliability;
- allow to hide defects in the surface of the ceiling;
- allow the creation of multi-level structures;
- a huge assortment of various models.
However, there are stretch ceilings and their shortcomings:
- In case of flooding by neighbors from the upper apartment, the ceiling needs a complete replacement;
- it is difficult to find suitable lighting fixtures for such ceilings;
- the material of tension ceilings is subject to mechanical damages as a result of careless handling of it.
If you compare the suspended ceilings with hinged structures, the advantages of the tensioning variant are obvious. During installation, they hide only 3 centimeters of height, and suspended ceilings will deprive you of 10 centimeters of the height of the room.
As we see, the positive properties are predominant.
Selection of material for the manufacture of stretch ceilings
PVC ceilings differ in the heterogeneity of their texture, as a result of which the ceiling base is divided into matte, glossy and satin.
This is the most popular type of stretch ceilings. Their operational period is approximately twenty-five years. With their help, you can create an original interior. Read: Design one-bedroom apartment 35 square meters. m. - (120 photos)
The area of their application is quite extensive. They look great in the design of apartments, private houses, offices, administrative offices, public catering and other premises.
Натяжные потолки с матовым основанием в основном предпочитают хозяева квартир с уникальным дизайном помещений. В интерьере могут присутствовать такие оригинальные элементы, как старинные мебельные ансамбли, разнообразные коллекционные предметы и другие. Frosted cover не позволяет появляться отблескам от блестящих предметов.
Matte surfaces do not reflect light very well, so these ceilings require additional lighting.
Satin coating has an ideal surface and a beautiful and unobtrusive luster. For their production use a slightly polished PVC film. The texture of the ceiling has similarities with satin, which determined the name of the coating.
To fabricate ceilings on a fabric basis, the fabric is first impregnated with a polymer substance. Then it is used as a material for the ceiling coating. The ceiling surface does not contain joints and uneven areas, due to the fact that the packaging of the fabric cover is made in the form of a wide roll.
Stretch ceilings in the interior of rooms
Stretch ceiling in the bedroom
It is preferable to use stretch ceilings with a satin and matte finish for the bedroom. It is better to choose in favor of light shades. A clean white ceiling surface will also harmonize with the design of the entire room.
It should be avoided in the bedroom of a bright color palette, the atmosphere in the room should promote relaxation and tranquility.
Stretched ceiling in the living room
The living room is the main room in the house or apartment. Here in the evenings quiet family gatherings take place, meetings with friends take place here, all solemn events are celebrated. That is why there are no restrictions in the design of the ceiling, everything depends only on the imagination and creative thinking of the owners. Read: Design of a two-room apartment: TOP 150 photos of original ideas in the interior
- Design of penthouses - photos of the most fashionable and unusual design solutions in the interior
- Scandinavian style in the interior: TOP-100 photos of new design
- Apartments in the style of minimalism - 120 photos of unusual ideas in the interior
Stretch ceiling in the kitchen
For the kitchen should choose ceilings with a high degree of strength. The ideal option is a matte finish in the beige ceiling. The use of white in the kitchen is inappropriate, because of its marchiness.
Installation of stretch ceiling
Many people ask themselves a reasonable question: at what stage of repair work is it necessary to install a stretch ceiling? There is only one correct answer. Installation of the ceiling coating is carried out at the end of all repair work.
The process of installing a PVC ceiling is called thermal shrinkage. Its meaning lies in the dense heating of the ceiling, using a gas gun. As a result, the elasticity of the ceiling base increases manifold. It is stretched and fixed around the perimeter.
Ceilings on a fabric basis are mounted using "cold installation". The cloth is stretched and fixed without changing its temperature.
It is not recommended to perform the installation yourself, it is better to entrust this responsible occupation to professionals.
- Design of a one-room Khrushchev - 100 photos of ideas of an impeccable interior
- Interior of a small apartment - 90 photos of the perfect design
- Living room in country style - 100 photos of beautiful design ideas
Correctly take care of the ceiling
Use in the interior of stretch ceilings captivates by the fact that they do not require close care. Care is the periodic wiping of their surface with a dry and clean cloth napkin. To recreate the shiny surface, you can use polish.
Matt surfaces are preferably cleaned with steam or a warm soapy solution, using soap laundry.
For a fabric ceiling, wet cleaning is used, if there are significant contaminated areas on it, the concentration of the soap solution should not be too high.
In order for the ceiling to serve, as long as possible, follow the following recommendations:
- for the time of repair in the apartment, the stretch coating from PVC must be dismantled, and the surface on the fabric base should be covered with a protective film,
- Do not remove dirt from the ceiling surface with a brush.
200 photos of suspended ceilings in the interior
- Italian style in the interior - 75 photos of ideas how to create an exquisite design
- Decor chairs - step by step instruction with photo examples and novelties of design
- Studio apartment in loft style: TOP-100 photos of original design ideas