Before the technological chemical revolution took place 50 years ago in the former Soviet Union, paper wallpapers were the main and only decor of apartments and houses. And they were in short supply. Later, vinyl, non-woven coatings appeared. Today they are the main rivals of paper trellises, bamboo and other finishing materials.
The first in conversations is called polyvinylchloride or PVC, although they are a real chemical radical with a complicated formula. The household "vinyl", which began with flexible records, won a place in the market of finishing materials.
Beautiful wallpaper in 2018 - still paper, vinyl and partly non-woven. The last two - a couple of rivals to paper trellises, but they can not surpass them yet. Other finishing materials are exquisite, and therefore expensive.
Five in decor: paper or vinyl?
Consider various photo wallpapers for the walls on the site and choose worthy. The market has five main wall coverages: paper, vinyl, acrylic, textile and cork.
The most popular first two types of wallpaper - paper and vinyl. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. What type of indoor wall cover to give preference - this will tell you the novelties of wallpaper design.
Paper wallpapers came from the countries of East Asia, and in Europe they spread in the 18th century. They went from all types of wallpaper, turning these tapestries into the classics of finishing the walls and ceilings. They would have long since sunk into oblivion, if they had not been constantly improved both on the upper layer of the covering (external charm) and the lower one (strength and ability to gently lay on the walls). Contemporary wallpaper in the interior will decorate both a large and small apartment, a country house.
We also recommend:
- Curtains of 2018
- Curtains in the kitchen in 2018
- Modern Curtains
- The demand for "paper" for walls is its budget. The cost of finishing any apartment with paper wallpaper is the lowest.
- Ecological compatibility. She keeps the wallpaper on the first roles, if desired, to have an ecological spirit in the apartment, the house.
- In them, there is so much "chemistry" that it's time to suffocate. "Reincarnation" of such wallpapers is strengthened: it is rare in which bedroom and children's room will be pasted on vinyl or acrylic wallpaper.
- Paper wallpaper have one or two covers. Double protects reliably from external influence, in what "paper" was inferior to vinyl and non-woven fabric.
- Under them there will never be mold or fungus, as the wallpaper "breathe".
- Single-layer paper wallpaper - the cheapest and losing popularity because of the absorption of moisture and peeling off the walls.
- Not suitable for wet rooms, as well as where the walls fall splashes from clothing, umbrellas and dirt from the shoe.
- The paper can not be cleaned or washed.
We also recommend:
- Catalog of new products from IKEA 2018
- Furniture for 2018
- Bedroom design in 2018
Vinyl wallpapers так называются из-за верхнего слоя, а нижний чаще на бумажной или флизелиновой основе, от которой в большей степени зависят характеристики обоев в целом. После печатают рисунок или проводят тиснение, или рифление.
Vinyl allows to embody the artistic delights of designers of wallpaper factories. It can place any drawings, patterns, simulate the relief.
There are several types of vinyl decor: solid, smooth, vinyl foam and silkscreen. The first two provide a flat coating, and even to the touch show an unusual density of the material. Silkscreening, often with hot embossing, helps to apply high-quality and resistant to break, erase prints of any design.
We also recommend:
- Hallways of 2018
- Design of the kitchen in 2018 - 130 photos of the best novelties and modern interior design
- Apartment design in 2018 - 150 photos of beautiful and stylish design
- The price for them is decreasing, increasing the demand in the wallpaper market for walls.
- Served from 10 to 20 years.
- Care is a wet rub.
- Designs and textures - enough.
- Do not burn out of direct sunlight. Kitchen, bathroom - for them.
- As any synthetics or polymer emit toxic and allergic substances.
- Even if the certificate has a link to compliance with sanhygienic standards, it is not necessary to glue in children's and bedrooms. In other living rooms - only with the possibility of frequent airing.
- Low-quality vinyl wallpapers are sold without micropores, and under them mold and fungus can develop.
Briefly about two other types of wallpaper
Consider non-woven and textile models. Non-woven fabrics are named after the brand. Made from a class of semi-synthetic non-woven (like paper) materials with a cellulose base and a piece of polyester.
Flizeline wallpaper, with their strength, are irreplaceable for pasting walls with cracks, other flaws. The best maskers can not be found.
You can also paint them yourself, that is, create a decor at will. Exquisite non-woven wallpaper-for silk, velvet, metal, other materials.
Textile wallpaper is beautiful, but it's quite difficult to glue and wash them. Strangely enough, but most suitable for children's rooms. They are very soft to the touch that children love. Especially if prints depict flowers, birds, animals. Their children are affectionately caressed, thus learning the world.
In the design of 2018 they will decorate other rooms. Especially those that are covered with a protective layer.
Photo wallpapers for 2018