The hallway is an important part of the house. Through it necessarily pass everyone who visits it, whether it's a simple plumber or an expensive guest.
This room is seen by a neighbor passing by the open door of your house. She is, as it were, the "face" of the house, on which he will be met, so in the design of the hallway it is important to show taste and design talents!
Another factor that is very important in the design of the hallway is that mud is poured into it from the street.
That's why you need to find a compromise with making the room not only a pleasant eye, but also resistant to pollution. That is why the decoration of the hallway is often used with a stone, which we will talk about today.
Which stone to choose?
Any stone, natural or artificial, will be presentable and neatly looked in any hallway (be sure, having familiarized yourself with the photo of the entrance of the hallway with a stone), but here we consider the practicality aspect of both.
We also recommend:
- Wallpaper for the hallway - which to choose? 115 photos of the best ideas how to decorate wallpaper in the interior of the hallway
- Closet of the coupe in the hallway - photo 110 variants of modern design
- An ottoman in the hallway: 75 photos of design, types, purposes, possibilities.
Advice! Natural - well almost always, but not in the decoration of the hallway of the room, we suggest to consider the advantages of artificial stone before natural:
- resistant to direct sunlight, does not burn out, does not lose its original living species
- The temperature differences do not affect the strength and appearance of the stone
- artificial stone is stronger than natural, it does not crumble, does not crumble, it is easier to work with it
- the price of an artificial stone is an order of magnitude lower than an opponent, for some it can be a decisive factor
Competent location of the stone in the room
Stone - a wonderful material for the design of the hallway, providing a sense of reliability, comfort and security.
If you want to lay the floor under a stone, then there are no questions - you need to fill the entire floor area, otherwise the design will look incomplete.
We also recommend:
- Tile in the hall: TOP-100 photo of a beautiful combination and design in the hallway.
- The ceiling in the hallway - which one to choose? Overview of popular options for 80 photos.
- Black entrance hall - elegant and strict design (90 photos)
The decoration of the wall in the hallway with a stone is a little more complicated - it is important not to overdo it, because the oversaturation of space with a stone will be inopportune.
Remember one golden rule! Completely stone walls will look good in the palace, the basement. Designers are advised to fill the wall only partially, for example:
- filling only part of the wall. It is important to assess how well the stone in this fragment will look.
How to choose the right material?
To date, stores offer a huge selection of facing materials, including for artificial stone.
We also recommend:
- Entrance hall in Khrushchev - 90 photos of stylish design (Review of the best novelties)
- Shelf in the hallway: an overview of popular species and novelties. 100 photos of design!
- Built-in wardrobe in the hallway: 75 photos of design ideas
Experts apply a variety of techniques for decorating the hallways using stone, because this material can do with the interior anything: add elegance and luxurious antiquities or make it ultra-new and fashionable.
The stone perfectly complements the following styles: country, eco, provence, minimalism, modern. An important factor is the lighting, which can be as nice to highlight the charm and luxury of the stone, or vice versa, to add brightness and liveliness to it.
There is also a rule of light colors - beige, quiet shades will help visually make the space more and more free, which is especially appreciated in small hallways.
Dark, heavy shades will help to focus on individual details.
There are several options for facing the stone:
- composite elements from small parts of stone
- brickwork emphasizing romanticism
- chaotic pieces of stone of different sizes that create the effect of elegant negligence
Council of designers! It is not necessary to place in one room several rocks of stone, especially if they differ dramatically from each other.
If you plan to design a stone with both walls and floor, then this option has the right to life, but the combination of two types of stones is almost unacceptable or permissible with great care, and better - with the help of a designer.
It is not recommended to purchase materials until such time as you have an exact plan for placing the stone, otherwise the materials can go wrong. Before buying exactly you need to know the following aspects:
- how much space in square meters do you plan to trim
- what plane is planned to decorate (wall, corner, floor)
- the desired material (there are many of them - brick, limestone, marble. You need to choose exactly what will suit the general interior)
Photo ideas of the entrance hall with stone