Competent and thoughtful lighting of the corridor allows not only to focus attention on details, but also to expand visually available modest space.
This makes sense for small urban hallways, because most often there is no natural light in the corridor, and therefore to create comfort you need to use artificial light.
Chandeliers, wall lamps in the hallway, built-in point lights are used. If the light is eventually needed diffuse, then it is worth combining the kinds of lamps.
Criterias of choice
Do you have on the agenda of the main question, which lamp to choose in the hallway? Consider the features of choice?
The power of the lamp should not be radically different from the intensity of light in the entire apartment - it is necessary to observe one level of illumination for the most comfortable stay in the apartment.
- The cost of 1 kilowatt of electric energy is constantly growing, and therefore most often for this reason people use weak lamps. Do not do this, and here's why:
- A dull and dark hallway creates a not very good impression, and not always in such a house will want to come as a guest.
- If the lighting is weak, then you will not consider your reflection in the mirror, you will not bring it normally into order.
We also recommend:
- Wallpaper for the hallway - which to choose? 115 photos of the best ideas how to decorate wallpaper in the interior of the hallway
- Closet of the coupe in the hallway - photo 110 variants of modern design
- An ottoman in the hallway: 75 photos of design, types, purposes, possibilities.
It's not about using high-power lamps, just choose the energy-saving options that consume little power, but will normally illuminate the hallway.
In the hallway there must be diffused light, and for this purpose lamps are used on the wall in the hallway, the plafond of which is made of frosted glass.
Choosing a wall, it is important to take into account the peculiarities - if the relief on the walls, then such lamps should not be used, because they will have a shadow, and there will be no coziness. Sconces are mounted on smooth surfaces, and at a height of at least 2 meters, so that the area is evenly illuminated.
We also recommend:
- Tile in the hall: TOP-100 photo of a beautiful combination and design in the hallway.
- The ceiling in the hallway - which one to choose? Overview of popular options for 80 photos.
- Black entrance hall - elegant and strict design (90 photos)
The long entrance hall
In urban apartments are mostly long and narrow corridors, and so the lamp is selected so that visually the room seemed wider, and in some places it was even possible to slightly adjust the geometry.
Ideal - spot lights in the hallway, which are used with a stretch ceiling.
We also recommend:
- Entrance hall in Khrushchev - 90 photos of stylish design (Review of the best novelties)
- Shelf in the hallway: an overview of popular species and novelties. 100 photos of design!
- Built-in wardrobe in the hallway: 75 photos of design ideas
If the ceilings in the narrow hallway are also high, then in this case, along the walls, it is necessary to place lamps to lower the height of the ceilings, and make the space more harmonious.
It's easier to illuminate the mirror - hang the sconce on both sides. But this is the last century, because today it is easy to buy mirrors with pre-built fixtures.
Ideally, when the lamps for the mirror are placed in the hallway at the top of the frame. It is worth choosing a laconic lamp, the light of which is light, the matte glass, because the light thus becomes more diffused. Often chosen lamps in the hallway, the plafond of which turns.
It is worth choosing interior doors with glass inserts to let more of the natural light into the hallway from the rooms.
Choose luminaires with a motion sensor. An affordable version of the lamps, which saves electricity.
Do not bypass the decorative lighting. Best of all, this backlight looks on the floor, because the effect obtained allows you to get rid of the feeling of isolation.
If an elongated hallway, then the surface of the walls can be diversified by paintings with illumination.
They create comfort and comfort in the hallway, no matter how large its area is, simply. It is just necessary to study all the technologies, all the possibilities that are available today, for correcting the light of all the shortcomings of the room.
In catalogs in shops and in the Internet there are photos of lamps in the hallway, which are now available for use. Everyone will be able to choose the option that suits him best.
Photo fixtures in the hallway