The hallway in the apartment is considered the premise, which is the most exposed to the maximum impact of negative factors.
It is dirt and dust that is brought in with shoes, and temperature changes when opening the front door, and the effect on the floor of chemical reagents used to accelerate the melting snow on the street.
Therefore, the floor covering in the hallway should be characterized by increased moisture resistance, durability and strength.
All of these requirements are met with the most suitable for laying on the floor ceramic granite or ceramic tiles in the hallway.
Ten years ago, the attitude towards the floor tile in the hallway was, if not contemptuous, rather skeptical.
However, today, thanks to the use of modern, environmentally friendly components and advanced technologies for its manufacture, the design, color parameters, shape and strength characteristics of this lining material have changed and many apartment owners use it to finish not only the floor but also the wall panels in the entrance areas, corridors and tambours.
We also recommend:
- Wallpaper for the hallway - which to choose? 115 photos of the best ideas how to decorate wallpaper in the interior of the hallway
- Closet of the coupe in the hallway - photo 110 variants of modern design
- An ottoman in the hallway: 75 photos of design, types, purposes, possibilities.
In this case, it should be taken into account that the floor tiles are slightly thicker than the wall tiles, which provides a higher strength.
Using a combined tile in the hallway, it is possible to form an original, stylish and modern design of this room, which can not be obtained when laying linoleum or carpet.
If from the point of view of decorativeness, the tiles in the interior of the hallway are somewhat inferior to the parquet and the laminate coating, then in terms of strength characteristics, wear and moisture resistance and performance, it largely exceeds them.
We also recommend:
- The ceiling in the hallway - which one to choose? Overview of popular options for 80 photos.
- Black entrance hall - elegant and strict design (90 photos)
- Entrance hall in Khrushchev - 90 photos of stylish design (Review of the best novelties)
Pros and cons of tiling
The tiles in the market today are on the floor with a variety of sizes, shapes and flowering solutions.
For sale there are tiled coatings with a glossy, matte and textured surface, and their color solution can mimic the structure and color of wood cut or natural stone.
We also recommend:
- Shelf in the hallway: an overview of popular species and novelties. 100 photos of design!
- Built-in wardrobe in the hallway: 75 photos of design ideas
- A banquet in the hallway - an overview of popular design novelties in 100 photos
The design of the tile in the hallway is no less diverse and is mainly determined by the technological capabilities and equipment of the manufacturer. Companies that manufacture repair and finishing materials produce tile material with various designs, prints and ornaments.
Under the brands "Fap Ceramiche" (Italy), "Kerama Marazzi" and "Shakhtinskaya Plitka" (Russia), "Keramin" (Belarus), "Golden Tile" (Ukraine), "Cersanit" (Poland-Germany) middle price segment, and photo tiles in the hallway from various collections are listed at the end of the article.
The undoubted advantage of the tile coating is its uncriticality for use in cleaning and washing the floor of abrasive cleaning and chemically active detergents.
The best materials for the entrance areas of the city's apartments are today recognized as ceramic decorative tiles in the hallway and granite tile material of dark shades.
With properly selected tiled material, you can create a unique, colorful design of the entrance areas and tambours.
The combination of tiles in the hallway with ceramic granite or laminate coating will emphasize its stylishness and highly aesthetic tastes of the apartment owners. An important advantage of the tiled flooring is its durability and low labor input.
Selection of plate material
Tiles in the hallway must meet certain requirements, the main of which are:
- moisture resistance and non-hygroscopicity of the material to which the tile of porcelain stoneware corresponds most;
- frictional properties (no slip), which are characterized by a special indicator - for the hallway, choose the material of the group "R10" or "R11";
- the design of the tile in the hallway, determined by the shape, size, color scheme and the presence of the pattern, must correspond to the general interior of the entrance space
- polished tiles with a glossy surface are more traumatic than matte material, and tiles with a rough (rough) surface are more labor intensive in cleaning and cleaning.
Photo tiles in the hallway