The success of a party with friends or a family get-together for a birthday depends largely on the table layout. For those who organize the holiday itself or arrange a surprise for a loved one, we have prepared a selection of 85 inspiring photos of festive servings, made up 4 table layouts and 8 tips on how to beautifully and inexpensively cover and decorate the table for the birthday.
A little bit about preparation and organizational issues
- Having appointed the date and time of the holiday, determining the list of guests, the menu and the budget, you should start to revise the service and the decor that you have. Make sure that the dishes, appliances, dishes for the treats and napkins are in the right quality and quantity.
- Especially pay attention to the presence of dishes for desserts: supports for cakes, floor plates and dishes for fruits and sweets, dessert plates and spoons, as well as candles and tubes for drinks.
- If you are not familiar with the rules of serving - it does not matter, modern design of the table at home does not require strict adherence to the rules, but nevertheless some principles should be learned. An approximate arrangement of devices and dishes can be considered in the following scheme.
- Also in advance it is necessary to think over the details of the design of the table. And in this you will help our selection of photos and tips.
4 design ideas
Idea 1. The design of the table, sustained in an unusual style and color scheme
Any serving, consistent in a single concept and color scheme, will be beautiful. But to make the festive table look especially original, you should choose some unusual style, color scheme or motif.
Here are some fresh ideas for decorating the table for your birthday:
- Laying in the style of a la Rus - this kind has not yet become fashionable and has not had time to get nuts. A table with matryoshkas, a samovar, cockerels on sticks and the steering wheel will be remembered exactly by the guests and will create a soulful atmosphere.
- Rustic style - has long been popular in the wedding decor, but has not yet had time to dress in the design of home festivals. Rustik deserves attention not only because of its "trend", but also due to the fact that it makes it possible to decorate the table with your own hands literally from improvised tools and natural materials.
- Another trend in the decor - black and white-pink-gold range with prints: stripes, zigzags and peas.
- Flower motifs on the dishes - the eternal classic, experiencing a rebirth. In the trend, flowers are not only in vases and in the figure of porcelain, but also in table textiles.
Idea 2. Thematic design of the table
Birthday with a link to any subject is doomed to success and beautiful photos.
Subject for both children's and adult holidays there is a lot and for each need to select their accessories.
What elements of the table layout can be stylized?
- Decor of napkins;
- Serving a sweet menu, including cake;
- Decor drinks in bottles;
- Table decorations: vases, candlesticks and other accessories;
- Nameplates and menus.
- As a rule, themed parties do not require expensive decor, you can completely decorate the basic set of accessories and do a lot with your own hands. So, on a classic white tablecloth you can lay the tracks from the fabric in the right color.
- Try to follow not only the given theme, but also a certain color scale in everything - from decorating dishes and ending with the decor of bottles.
Here are some examples of table layout for a themed birthday (adult):
Table setting in Hawaiian style
Serving the table in the style of the Italian mafia
Serving the table for a birthday in the Mexican style
Serving a table and a candy bar in the style of the movie Great Gatsby
Thematic serving in the style of Gotham City
Idea 3. Seasonal orientation and seasonal decoration
If themed birthday parties are more suitable for parties with friends or a children's matinee, then it is better to celebrate with a family or a reception of guests more traditionally and elegantly. Think about how to arrange the table in accordance with the time of the year in which you were born or birthday. This design option has a big plus - you can decorate the table not only beautifully, but also relatively inexpensive, using seasonal natural materials: flowers, fruits, leaves, cones and branches.
Summer dressing can be decorated with garden or field flowers in small narrow vases, as well as fruits as shown in the photo below (see through).
Autumn festive table can be decorated with yellowed leaves, acorns, cones, rowan branches, wooden stands, seasonal vegetables, for example, pumpkin. The color scheme, of course, consists of autumn colors: orange, gold, yellow, burgundy, brown, etc.
For the winter birthday, cones and dry branches of trees, for example, mountain ash, will fit, but in no case did they eat pine. The color range here should be cold colors and contrasting combinations: blue + white, blue + white, silver + white, etc. But the New Year's flowers (red and green), as well as Christmas decorations are best avoided. As decorations snowflakes, stars and owls are suitable.
- To completely exclude the association of winter decor with the New Year, you need to put on the table vases with flowers, for example, white roses as in the photo below.
The spring birthday is decorated in gentle colors, the table is decorated with fresh flowers, for example, tulips and hyacinths, as well as willows, cherry twigs. Enhance the spring mood can decorative butterflies.
8 solutions for budgetary serving
Not necessarily to celebrate the birthday of buying new accessories for serving, because most of the parts can be easily and inexpensively made from improvised and natural materials.
- Vases can be made from bottles, cans and glass jars, decorated with lace, burlap, paint, ribbons, jute, etc. Photo-examples of such decor are presented below.
- To decorate the table will fit balls filled with helium. That's what ideas are suitable for serving the table for the birthday of the child and even an adult. Beads should be selected in accordance with the overall color scheme of the design of the table.
- Napkins can be decorated:
- Rings of beads and beads, which can be made by hand in advance;
- Tape or twine (for rustic style of serving).
- What can I use instead of expensive flowers for serving table and napkins? If the birthday is celebrated in the summer, then there are no problems with flowers - you just need to collect (in a clean place) in advance and make compositions from field chamomiles, clover, willow-tea or even cats. This design will be very gentle and elegant.
In autumn and winter branches and cones are suitable, which you can paint with your own hands, for example, in gold paint as on the next photo on the right.
In spring, and at any time of the year, instead of flowers in the decor of napkins, you can use twigs of greenery, for example, rosemary or thyme (photo below), and in the vase you can put the willow branches.
- To decorate, for example, snack plates and cards with names you can use almost anything: fruits, vegetables, sweets, pastries, the same cones, leaves, acorns, twigs, wine stoppers and much more.
- For the decor of the table you can use paper: silence, foil, colored cardboard, corrugated.
- Above we have already said that the usual white tablecloth, which is in every house can easily be modified or completely replaced by runners, which are easily and quickly sewn. In the photo below, one track is sewn from sackcloth and lace, and the second runner is sewn from cotton white fabric adorned with special fabric paint.
And a festive tablecloth can be made with your own hands from paper, for example kraft paper or from bonded book pages.
- And finally, you can save time for washing dishes and money with the help of a beautiful disposable tableware, which you need to pick up by color.
That's it. We hope that you have already learned some ideas and are ready to start organizing the holiday. We wish you that the efforts were pleasant, and your birthday was fun and heartfelt!