In this article we will tell you about 5 ways how to wash the oven of old fat, carbon and burnt sugar as quickly, easily and at home.
Method 1. Verified
This folk recipe is good because all the ingredients you can find in your kitchen, the method is suitable for cleaning an oven of medium degree of contamination.
What you need:
- Baking soda
- Latex gloves
- Wet cloth
- Plastic or silicone spatula
- Remove the grate from the oven: remove and set aside the grate, as well as baking trays, a pizza stone, an oven thermometer, and everything else that is inside.
- Make a paste of soda: in a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of baking soda with a few tablespoons of water. Add water until the mixture becomes pasty. In our case, 3 tablespoons of water were used.
- Treat the oven with the product obtained: apply the mixture on all internal surfaces of the oven, avoiding the heating elements. Do not forget to wear gloves, so as not to stain your hands and cover the most difficult places with paste. In particularly dirty places, the mixture can get brown from carbon and grease and form lumps - such areas should be covered especially densely.
- Leave the soda overnight: leave the soda-covered mixture with the oven for the night or at least 12 hours.
- Wash the grate and baking: while the oven is "soaked", clean the grate and baking sheets. This can also be done by pre-soaking in a bath with a dishwashing detergent and then mechanically cleaning the soda.
- Clean the oven: in the morning (or after 12 hours), take a damp cloth and remove as much as possible the dried paste, grease and carbon stains. If necessary, use a plastic or silicone spatula to scrape off the dirt.
- Распылите уксусный раствор: налейте немного уксуса в спрей и обработайте места, на которых остались следы соды и грязи. Vinegar вступит в реакцию с содой и образует мягкую пену.
- Wipe the oven clean: now completely wipe the plaque and foam from the vinegar and soda. Wet your rag with water or vinegar as needed until the oven walls are completely clean and shiny.
- Insert the baking sheets and grate: well, that's all, it remains only to return everything that you normally store in the chamber to your place and wipe the facade of the oven.
See also: How to clean the gas stove in 8 steps.
Method 2. Fast
Now consider the way how to clean the oven of fat with steam, acid or ... a usual dishwashing detergent. The method is suitable for washing the oven with an average degree of contamination.
What you need:
- Citric acid, vinegar 70% or usual dishwashing detergent;
- Deep baking tray or large bowl;
- Latex gloves;
- Sponge and damp cloth.
- Take out all the excess from the oven: remove and set aside the baking tray and everything else that is inside, but leave the grate in place - it too will not prevent cleaning "bath."
- Turn on the oven and leave it to heat: preheat the oven to 150-200 degrees.
- Pour water into the baking tray and dilute the citric acid in it: while the oven is heating, pour water into the bowl or baking sheet and dissolve a bag of citric acid (10-20 g) in it. Citric acid can be replaced with 1-2 teaspoons of acetic essence or a small amount of liquid for washing dishes.
- Put the baking tray with the solution on the bottom shelf of the oven: in the preheated oven on the bottom tier, place the baking tray with the solution. A bowl can be placed on the bottom.
- Leave the oven for 40 minutes: leave the oven for 40 minutes, until the water starts to boil and the camera door "zapoteet."
- Turn off the oven and leave the baking tray to cool down: when the water boils, turn off the oven and leave the baking tray to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Clean oven and grate: when the pan cools down, take a damp rag and gently wipe the walls of the chamber and grate. If necessary, use the hard side of the sponge, spray with water, and also soda or the same citric acid to remove the old stains of grease and sludge.
- Return the baking trays and grate to the place: Vu-alya! The oven again shines and inspires culinary feats.
Method 3. "Heavy artillery"
And now, we will consider a more radical way, how to wash the oven of old fat and burning with the help of special means Amway, Faberlic or Spray Bugi Shumanit.
What you need:
- Gel for cleaning ovens. Briefly about popular means for cleaning ovens:
- Amway "Oven Cleaner" - odorless, effective, economically consumed, sold with a brush for the distribution of funds, but has a high price;
- Faberlik "Means for cleaning ovens and cookers" - is cheaper, has good reviews, but is uneconomically spent;
- Bugs "Shumanit" - effective, easy to use, as it is sprayed from the spray, sold in any store, relatively affordable, but has a sharp smell.
What we need:
- Latex gloves (обязательно!);
- Sponge, rag, brush for processing hard-to-reach places;
- ... Fresh air from an open window (especially if you use "Shumanit" and other products with a strong smell).
- Take out all the excess from the oven: remove and set aside the grate, baking sheets and all the rest of the filling of the oven.
- Lubricate the gel with all the surfaces of the chamber and the door: it is very convenient to do with a brush or a brush (for example, a toothbrush). Before starting the treatment, open the window and put on the gloves!
- Give the product "work": leave the oven for 15-30 minutes, depending on the degree of contamination.
- Clear the oven of burning and fat: after such "soaking", old fat and burnt food contamination will be washed off quickly enough.
- Remove the remnants of the remedy: when you clean all surfaces from dirt, rinse thoroughly and remnants of the gel. Spray with water will help rinse the camera in hard-to-reach places.
- Return the pans and the grill into place: well, that's all. It remains only to wipe the door from the outside.
Method 4: Effective
This method will greatly simplify your disposal of complex contaminants due to ammonia vapors.
What you need:
- 5 bottles of ammonia (200 ml);
- Soda (if necessary);
- A small bowl for ammonia;
- A large bowl for water;
- Water (примерно 1 л);
- Latex gloves;
- Sponge and cloth;
- ... Fresh air from an open window.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven: remove and set aside the baking sheets, but leave the grate.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Pour water and ammonia into the corresponding bowls: while the oven is heated, pour all 5 bottles of ammonia into a small bowl, and in a large bowl - water. Do not forget to open the windows.
- Turn off the oven and put both bowls in it: put a bowl of water in the heated oven on the bottom of the oven, and put a bowl with ammonia up a bit (on the shelf).
- Leave the oven to cool down: this process will take approximately 30-40 minutes. But, if the pollution is very old, it is best to leave a bowl of ammonia for the night.
- Clean the oven and grate: when the walls of the chamber cool down, use a damp cloth, sponge and soda to wash off all surfaces and grill from grease and sludge.
- Wipe the oven clean: remove the residue from the solution of ammonia and dirt.
- Return the baking tray and grille to its place and wipe the oven door from the outside.
See also: How to clean the washing machine from dirt and scale in 5 steps.
Method 5: Simple
Finally, the last recipe, which will help to clean the oven easy and medium degree of contamination with a baking powder for the test, is presented in the video instructions.