Brown - this is the ideal color for the kitchen interior at least because of it:
- Positive impact on the psyche;
- Prevalence in the form of natural materials.
On the other hand, sometimes brown shades may seem too boring and gloomy, to conceal light and visually reduce space. In this material we made some simple secrets of applying these shades and picked up 65 photo interiors that will help you decorate a cozy and stylish kitchen in brown tones, avoiding mistakes.
General Characteristics of Color
To successfully plan the design of brown cuisine, you should know the following features of this color:
Effects on humans: brown shades soothe and cause a sense of security, warmth and comfort. This is due to the fact that from time immemorial they surrounded us everywhere: in the form of tree trunks, earth, clay, stones, fruits, plants, in the colors of animals, for example, cows and horses. Brown cuisine will not only look cozy, but solid, solid, noble. And also the brown color helps to focus and balance emotions, so this is an excellent option for those who have a habit of working at a dinner table.
Who is most suitable: conservatives, intellectuals, business and calm people.
Optical properties: dark, slightly saturated and warm color. Visually distances and heavier furniture, curtains or walls, while not increasing, but not reducing them in volume.
In what kitchens looks best: in spacious kitchens with large windows that face north, west or east.
The most suitable styles: classic, loft, country, rustic, African, English.
7 secrets of brown color
Secret 1. Brown curtains and furniture like light walls
Since brown curtains, wooden furniture, kitchen furniture and furniture, for example, upholstered in dark skin looks too massive, it is better to put them on a light background: white, light beige, light blue or light pink.
- The exception is curtains and furniture ocher and yellowish shades of brown.
Secret 2. Due to its visual neutrality, the brown color can be used in the finish if ...
- In the finish only the floor - it can be lined not only with wood, parquet board or laminate, but also with tiles made of ceramics or porcelain tiles, and also with natural stone. However, do not choose a material that is too dark in color, since on a dark brown background all the drops of water, crumbs, dust and other household pollution will become doubly noticeable.
- In the decoration of the walls - provided that the furniture, curtains and other details of the interior will be mostly light colors. The second way to successfully use brown wallpaper or paint for walls - to decorate them with one wall. So you can add to the interior not only a sense of comfort, but also visually remove the accent wall, thereby visually slightly increasing the kitchen. The third option - if the kitchen is spacious and she lacks a sense of intimacy, then the walls can be lined with wooden panels of the buiseri. A selection of photos of various variants of brown walls and wallpaper design is presented below in the section "Photo Gallery of Ideas".
- In the decoration of the apron - in almost any interior, brown ceramic tiles, stone or wood in an apron will perfectly match the countertop of the same material or wood. But be careful with the choice of too dark materials, as already noted - they are too marquee.
Secret 3. To make the brown seem less strict, it can be diluted ...
... pink, lilac, blue or turquoise. In the environment of these shades, the severe brown becomes softer and more cheerful, while at the same time ennobling them, makes it more elegant.
- Blue and turquoise color bring the right note of freshness into the warm interior of the brown kitchen. With them, dark brown shades look the most. This combination of colors is especially suitable for well-lit kitchens with windows facing south.
- Pink and lilac will look best in the form of textiles - chairs with upholstery, curtains, pillows, tablecloths.
Secret 4. Yellow, red and orange colors combine light brown shades
These warm tones are related to light brown color, and therefore it is perfectly combined with it. But with more saturated chocolate shades, the interior will not turn out to be warm, but rather stuffy.
Here are a couple of photo-examples of orange-brown cuisine and one - a dining room.
Examples of the design of the yellow-brown kitchen.
Secret 5. Brown will make the kitchen smaller and darker, if ...
... in the interior there will be too many gray and black tones. These dark shades in combination with the same dark chocolate color should be used carefully and, if so, then dilute with a large portion of white dyes.
The Secret 6. Brown likes a variety of textures
Planning the design of the kitchen in brown tones, do not limit yourself to only the floors of the array, a suite with wooden facades, a table top and, say, chocolate wallpaper. Try combining 3-5 different textures and materials. The interior of the kitchen can be decorated with brick walls, leather upholstered chairs, linen curtains, ceramic tile "boar" in an apron, rattan wicker furniture and other brown details.
Secret 7. "Cinnamon + vanilla" - an excellent alternative to the duo "cocoa + milk"
White color is a win-win pair for our hero and his universal "diluent". To create a harmonious color scheme of the interior, you can use the simple formula "brown + white + 1, 2 or 3 additional colors". But if you do not like white and brown cuisine, then pay attention to the same light, but warmer and softer vanilla shade.
Photo gallery of ideas
We present a large selection of photos of kitchen sets in all shades and styles.
Walls, apron, wallpaper
Brown wallpapers in the interior of the kitchen are in the next collection of photos
And finally, a photo of aprons made of stone and tiles