It is known that the pink color pacifies and improves the mood, that is why it is most often used in the design of bedrooms, living rooms and children's. But in the kitchen, in the center of the home, the positive properties of this color will not be superfluous.
- Pink improves appetite, lowers blood pressure, reduces heart rate, reduces anxiety, in a pink room, external noises appear quieter.
On the other hand, many people associate this shade with something infantile, frivolous and tasteless. In our opinion, this is a big prejudice, because using pink in the right combinations and proportions, you can create a cozy and stylish interior without a hint of "kitchen Barbie dolls." For those who are in search of design ideas for the kitchen in pink colors, we collected a large selection of photos and formulated 5 main rules for applying this color in the interior.
5 main rules of use
Based on the optical characteristics of our hero and the principles of color in the design of interiors, you can formulate 5 tips for its use in the kitchen.
1. Create optical illusions
Pink has the ability to visually increase the volume of furniture or surfaces, but at the same time make them "easier". This means that, for example, a kitchen in pink color will seem slightly larger than it is, but it will not look massive. And by painting one wall in this color, you visually expand the space and lift the ceiling.
2. Consider the hue temperature
Pink refers to a group of warm colors, but not all so unambiguously - its many shades can be cold.
- If you have a low-lighting "northern" kitchen, besides a small, light salmon, powder, peach, the color of a tea rose will make it cozy, warmer, lighter and will not reduce the space. Photo-examples of light pink kitchens are presented below.
- If the kitchen windows go to the south, then you can choose cool colors: lavender, crimson, magenta, fuchsia, etc. as in the following photos.
3. Dilute the pink
Whichever saturation of the shade of pink you choose, keep in mind that it needs to be diluted with a lot of neutral colors.
- Neutral light pink tones can be used in large arrays, but it is better to observe the proportions 1: 1 or 1: 2 with some other neutral color. It is best to mix it with white. Light pink can be wallpaper on the walls in the role of background, curtains, shelving and even a kitchen set.
- More intense and bright pink shades are very active and able to draw all the attention to themselves, so they are best used only as color accents. It can be a couple of bright chairs, decor items, curtains, wallpaper on one wall, an apron.
4. Choose a shade in accordance with the desired style of the interior
Bright shades are more suitable for decorating kitchens in a modern style, for example, in Scandinavian.
Carmine or vice versa, soft pink in combination with white, black or blue, orange - will fit in the interior of the kitchen in the style of retro or pop art as in these photos.
Well, the classical style, as well as traditional country, Provence, Shebik chic accept only soft and neutral tones of pink.
5. Choose the right companion colors
When planning the design of a future rosy cuisine or updating an existing one, be sure to master and work with the color circle of Itten. You can see how to create color schemes in the next video tutorial.
Well, we'll give you a few tips:
- The most universal and win-win combination is pink + white. This union can be diluted with any color of the rainbow;
- A lucky pair of our hero will make and achromatic companions - black and gray;
- Brown and beige will make the pink color stricter.
- Another color in harmony with pink is green, which stands in the spectrum directly opposite the pink one. As you know, the best colorist is nature itself, and in it we can often find a combination of pink and green in the form of a variety of colors, the view of which we perceive on a subconscious level exclusively positively.
- Yellow and blue are also quite harmoniously combined with pink, if they have a cold podton. Thus, in the interior of the kitchen in pink tones, the lemon shade will be preferable to the yolk shade, and the blue one is preferable to the turquoise. Other warm shades - orange and red - can complement the pink in the kitchen in the style of pop art.
Photo gallery of color combinations and design ideas
And now we present you a selection of photos of different color combinations and ideas for the design of the rose cuisine.
Combination with white
Combination with gray
Combination with black
Pink wallpaper in the interior of the kitchen
Pink apron in the interior of the kitchen