A creative design solution will be an apron for the kitchen of glass, photos of which can be seen below. It will be a reflection of your personality and originality, will help you show yourself as a designer.
The glass panel will revitalize the atmosphere, will present a holiday atmosphere. It is not susceptible to moisture and steam, it is easy to clean, so it is ideal for a kitchen.
What is a kitchen apron?
Kitchen apron is a necessary element of modern kitchen interior. This is part of the work surface, which protects the walls from contamination, inevitable during cooking.
It can be different in color, from pastel colors to bright colors. Everything depends on you. Do not be afraid to experiment. You can update the design of the kitchen without major repair. It will be enough to pick up a bright apron. And the room immediately transformed.
Designers offer a palette of solutions and advise to try different combinations and experiment with shades and materials. It will revitalize the space, create an atmosphere of coziness.
The functional role of the apron is important. Therefore, the material from which it is made, must meet several requirements:
- Carry out high temperatures (above 150 C).
- It is easy to wash (removing dirt and soot should not be a problem).
- For a long time to have a decent appearance (do not deform when carrying out surface cleaning procedures, retain the brightness of the color and the quality of the picture).
A mandatory condition for hygiene maintenance will be an absolute seal between the countertop and the apron. For example, using silicone. Skirt this procedure with a plinth.
The panel made of tempered glass is a wonderful option. Very practical on the one hand, and very fashionable, giving the opportunity to embody bold design ideas on the other. The glass kitchen apron is easy to clean and will not lose its fine appearance for a long time.
There are many decorative designs. Glass can be matte or glossy, its surface - textured or smooth. You can use a variety of design findings: decorating with ornaments, using photo printing or sandblasting.
Diversify the decor can be placed under the glass photo, wallpaper, paper, textiles.
Kitchen apron made of glass in kitchen design
Glass is an excellent replacement for tiles and other materials commonly used to decorate the wall portion of the kitchen countertop or apron.
Let's consider the main options:
1. Colorless glass without a pattern. There are two types: matte and transparent. Transparent glass is used mainly to protect the painted or papered wall or paper wall from moisture, grease, soot. In terms of decoration, it is convenient in that it does not give glare, it is transparent, it does not catch sight.
More interesting will be a matte version, giving less glare. The surface can be smooth and textured textured. To apply a pattern, inscription, pattern on the glass, sandblasting or silkscreen printing is used.
2. Another variation will be photo printing on the glass. The most popular kind of panel for today. They are called skins. The advantage of this technique is beauty and durability.
The pattern is applied with UV ink on the back of the glass. It does not burn out, it is not afraid of moisture. Very impressive looks 3D image with a 3D effect. However, such a method will cost more than a colorless or colored glass.
3. Beautifully and with this unobtrusively it will look a one-color colored glass apron. The inner surface of the glass is painted with a special paint, then the panel is heat treated. This kind of durable, the palette of colors is diverse.
4. Design panel with a picture on decorative vinyl film. This method is not as expensive as photo printing. The film is glued to the inside of the glass, which protects the image from dirt, high temperatures and moisture. But subsequently, deformation of the film is possible.
5. Triplex or laminated glass of different thicknesses. Between the two layers of glass, the image is sealed. The advantage of this method is the reliability of the protection of the picture: if it does not break the glass, it will crack. The disadvantages can be attributed to a greater thickness than other aprons and high cost.
6. Very stylish option will be a mirror apron. An even greater expansion of space is created, a non-standard visual effect. Excellent will look a mirror tile with sandblasting and partial matting.
Designers advise a glass panel to decorate a small kitchen or kitchen in Khrushchev. The reflective effect leads to a visual expansion of the space. If the glass is glossy, then in addition there is a light reflection and the room becomes lighter.
A perspective of the space will give a picture of the city placed under the glass or an image of nature. This visually push the boundaries, add depth. What is very important for a small kitchen.
Photo of kitchen aprons from glass