The interior of any room consists of many details, which must harmoniously complement each other. Including in the kitchen one of the important elements is the apron. It is not only designed to beautifully decorate the workplace, but also protects the wall from contamination and other influences.
Increasingly, an apron is used for the apron. What it is, and what interior fits into, we will find out later.
What is a hob tile?
This tile is a kind of ceramic small rectangular tiles. Its laying is carried out according to the type of brick. Originally it was intended as facades of buildings and was called clinker.
Then her way went through underground passages, mainly in the metro. That is why in the United States and Britain, where it was first used for this purpose, it was called the "subway" tile. But the information about when and who began to use it at home, is not preserved.
Tile boar quickly gained popularity due to its good quality and surprising similarity to the original - brick. However, it remains a mystery why in Russia it received such a name? All because of the similarity with the pig's piglet. The butt, although rectangular, but has two holes. At the construction site, it was unofficially called a boar. So the new name clinker has taken root in the people and continues to exist.
Advantages of this material
Tile hawk is suitable for a kitchen apron as well as possible. This is a lot of advantages of the material:
- Excellent sanitary and hygienic qualities. There is no accumulation and development of microorganisms, and thanks to a solid structure without pores, the tile does not accumulate dirt, which makes it easy to clean.
- Varied choice of colors, texture of the picture. In addition, it can be made to order, making out an individual drawing or photograph. Therefore, the hog is suitable for most interior styles.
- High resistance to temperature. When it is produced, firing is used at about 1000 ° C, so the tile is not afraid of the raised temperature from the slab.
- Simple styling technology, which does not require the availability of expensive tools.
- The material is harmless and environmentally friendly., does not emit gases and does not cause allergies.
Tile boar almost has no flaws. It is possible to note only a relatively high price and low resistance to shocks.
Under what style is an apron apron of a turban of a hog
Such a tile is perfect for most styles, especially if it is in white or beige. Ideal it will be for country, provence and classics. The first two styles are rural, they are simple and natural. A small brick will only give originality to the design and complement it with an effective appearance of the apron.
The classic is in the presence of massive wooden furniture. The entire interior is filled with nobility, with clear lines and images. The hog will only give an even greater aristocracy, especially when choosing light tones.
Tiles will be an ideal solution for Scandinavian style or loft. It is also often used in art deco. An unusual layout is relevant here, contrast is allowed. Including bricks can be black and white and placed in checkerboard order.
It is worth considering all the features of the chosen style. Glossy surface is not always suitable. Most often use is matte, which even more fits into the interior of the above design directions.
Advice! If you want to make an apron bright, then you should take a closer look at the Spanish manufacturers, who present the most diverse rich colors on the market.
- Horizontally in the descent. This is a traditional layout resembling a brick one. It is the most versatile and easy to perform. The main task here is the location of a perfectly flat horizontal line.
- Horizontal stacked. The main ones here are vertical seams, which must necessarily coincide with each other. For the Scandinavian style, this is an ideal offer. And grout can choose a different color from the tiles.
- Herringbone. This arrangement is at an angle of 45 or 90 degrees. It looks original, and will not have a taste of banal.
- Diagonally. This option is also quite unusual and fits well for small kitchens. It is important to choose a grout in the tone of the tile.
- Vertical offset. This option is suitable for spacious rooms. Tiles are worth choosing a small size.
- Vertical stacked. In this case, the laying should be done as perfectly as possible, then the view will be very stylish and original.
Popular tile sizes
The hog is not only of various colors, but also of sizes. The length of the product can be from 12 to 30 cm, and the width varies from 6 to 15 cm. It should be noted that the most universal and popular size is 7.5 × 15 cm. Also often used are such as 10 × 20 cm, 7 , 5 × 30 cm, 15 × 30. You can see that the length is equal to two widths of the tile.
How to choose a grout
Like tiles, a variety of colors of grout gives an occasion to reflect. It can be chosen white, black, gray, beige, and can be selected in the tone of the tile itself. In any case, the most important thing is that it should be of high quality, otherwise it will quickly darken.
The water resistance of the material is important, since the apron is often contaminated and needs to be washed, and resistance to temperature changes is necessary.
Advice! To avoid darkening of seams, it is recommended to purchase a mixture based on epoxy resin. It does not absorb water and dirt, but very quickly freezes. Therefore, in this case, a professional should be engaged in laying, which will do this as quickly as possible.
The hob trowel is mounted according to the principle of conventional ceramic tiles. To do this, you need the following tools and materials:
- Drill with a mixing knife and a container;
- Rubber or plastic spatula, preferably flexible;
- Rubber mallet;
- A small construction grater;
- Spatulas with denticles;
- Sponges and rags are soft;
- Grinding machine, tile cutting machine;
- Marking tools;
- Screws for fixing the profile;
- Metal or wooden profile;
- Tiled adhesive, grout, water.
Before you begin to install the tiles, you must carefully prepare the surface so that it is even and without flaws. First of all, you need to get rid of the old surface, such as wallpaper, paint, remove all the dirt. Next, apply putty and level the walls with it. It must dry, after which a primer is used.
The next step is the markup. Here, a marker, an upholstery cord, a plumb line, a construction level will come to the rescue. First, the lower horizontal line is applied, the height of which depends on the height of the furniture. Depending on the method of laying, the remaining lines are applied horizontally, vertically or at an angle. At the end, profiles are attached to the wall.
Mounting the apron
Installation work begins with kneading the glue for the tiles. This is done just before the masonry itself. The amount of glue should be such that it can be used no more than 40-50 minutes. It is applied to both the wall and the tiles themselves with a spatula.
Next, you need to make the strip with a notched trowel. Do not apply all the glue to the wall. Enough volume for 2-3 plates, so that it does not begin to dry out.
Immediately after application, the case moves to the first row. It starts from the far corner with respect to the entrance to the kitchen. The lower edge of the tile should rest against the profile. It must be pressed against the wall. Between the elements put crosses that serve as a separator and provide an equal distance between each boar. Remains of glue are removed not earlier than an hour. This also applies to crosses.
The glue should dry completely and only then the next day the joints are sealed. Apply it with a soft spatula made of plastic. Black rubber in this situation will not work, as it leaves traces on the ends.
Surplus material can be removed after 30-40 minutes. To do this, use a sponge. After completely drying, the apron is completely washed and polished, and the profile, which was intended for supports, is removed.
Tiles must be bought with a margin. It is about 10%. It always requires undercutting, as a result of which part of it spoils. Before laying itself, it is very important to level the wall, otherwise it will be difficult to lay out the tiles without flaws because of unevenness.
In addition, the life of the hog will depend directly on this preparation. The seams should be perfect, so it's better to trust the professional, especially if the layout is chosen unusual.
It must be remembered that the convex tiles are thicker, and therefore heavier. Therefore, it needs to be strengthened more carefully, applying a layer of glue more, for a standard material. The seams should be 2 to 5 mm thick. Of course, the thicker it is, the better the look, but in this situation the complexity of the work increases.
Thus, tile boar has won a worthy place in the interior of the kitchen. The apron of this material is distinguished by an attractive appearance, the originality of which depends on the masonry of these bricks.
In addition, the material is very easy to wash. It is interesting that it would seem that a faded white color in this case will be advantageous. This is because on such a tile there are no discernible divorces, possible streaks and drops of water. They are very easy to wipe with an ordinary damp cloth.
Regarding design, it is important that for any style there is an opportunity to pick up suitable hogs that will complement it, will give the right atmosphere. Manufacturers provide a wide selection of colors and designs that are sure to suit any kitchen.
Tile hawk for kitchen apron Photo