Beige - this is one of the most win-win and universal colors, which can become the starting point in decorating the kitchen in any style. Beige kitchens, walls, wallpaper, floor, aprons, table tops, curtains, tables and chairs in neutral tones are appreciated by designers for their practicality, the ability to "calm" bright accents, "soften" the dark tones, bring a feeling of warmth into the atmosphere and blend with all colors of the spectrum . For those who are at the stage of planning the design of the kitchen or want to refresh the already formed beige interior, we prepared 3 tips for working with space, a list of the 9 best "companion colors" and 100 inspirational photo cuisines in beige tones.
3 main tips
Beige color surrounds us everywhere, but it is so neutral that we can not notice it. In nature, beige is found in the form of sand, stones, shells, light wood, faded plants, in the color of animals ... and even the color of our skin is one of the shades of beige, so it combines with almost all the colors of the rainbow. But in order to create the desired mood and style in your kitchen, you need to choose the right colors-companions.
- Color "beige" has more than 1000 variations - from light brown tones to cream. It can have a neutral, warm and cold temperature and it needs to be taken into account, making up the gamut of the interior.
1. Take into account the sides of the kitchen windows
If the beige color is chosen as the main color, then the walls are often formed.
- When choosing wallpaper or a shade of paint for the walls, be guided by what side of the world the windows of the kitchen go to. For "southern" well-lit natural kitchens, cool gray-beige tones are more suitable, for "northern" and dark - light and warm sand, cream, straw, olive-beige shades.
The photo shows an example of how the walls of the kitchen can look in beige tones of cold and warm temperature.
However, this principle should be used not only when choosing the tone of wallpaper, but also when choosing a kitchen beige. In the following example, in the photo on the left we see a gray-beige kitchen warmed with wooden furniture, and on the right is a "warm" kitchen, which was "cooled" by glossy facades, glass and chrome parts.
- If you already have a beige interior kitchen, then, based on this recommendation, you can update it by adding cold or warm accents. For example, in this white-beige kitchen the role of "cooling" accents is played by a blue candle, a technique and an apron.
2. Create optical illusions by playing with shades
If medium and small kitchens need a visual increase in space, then large ones - in creating a chamber and a sense of coziness. In this very simple rules of coloring help:
- Warm tones have the property visually slightly approximate and facilitate, and cold (even in dark color) - a little to distance and weight objects and objects.
- In addition, do not forget about the well-known principle: light tones increase space and make it lighter, and dark ones reduce and absorb light.
- Small beige kitchen
- Narrow beige kitchen
It is clear that according to these points, for light kitchens, a lighter scale and bright "companions" or a combination of dark and light tones (photo above) is more profitable, but you can go further and create winning optical illusions.
Suppose you want to design a small kitchen in a classic style in a beige brown range, then you can do the following: paint the walls (or wallpaper wallpaper) with light beige paint, select the white set and dilute this white and beige idyll with apron, top and floor brown with a cold podtonom. In this combination, dark brown, without which it is difficult to do in the traditional interior, will not "eat" space, but rather expand it, creating the effect of depth. An example of such a technique is shown in the photo below.
But a great idea how you can beat a niche. The walls here are decorated in warm beige, a set in an ecru, and the apron in the niche is in light gray-beige. Because of the game of cold and warm colors, the optical illusion of wall separation was created.
In spacious kitchens, a warm atmosphere will be helped by warm shades of beige, which fill the space more actively and create a sense of harmony. However, to overdo it with warmth in the atmosphere is also not worth it, because a few cool shades will make it fresh and more interesting, as, for example, in the interior of this kitchen-dining room in the photo below, where beige curtains, upholstery of furniture, wallpaper, wooden set "cool" with white and gray-brown "flower companions".
3. Use the color wheel and the principles of combining colors
Whether you plan the design of the future kitchen or you want to update the existing situation a little, choose a harmonious combination of colors and shades that will simulate the atmosphere and style of your kitchen, the color circle and proven schemes will help you. How to use them you can see in this video.
- There are also special websites where you can make up your own combination of basic, optional and accompanying colors. Here are the palettes created by the site Color Palettes.
Well, we will show you examples of the most popular combinations in interior design in the next chapter.
9 best "companion colors" for beige color and 80 photo interiors
Combination with shades of brown
This is a very common gamut in interior design, in which the beige most often dominates as a lighter color, and brown (chocolate, woody hues, wenge, dark nut, etc.) complements or accompanies it.
A selection of photos of beige-brown cuisines in a modern style.
Beige kitchens with a brown "companion" in classical style, art deco, country and Provence.
- Beige kitchen with brown accents in the style of Provence
- Brown-beige kitchen in classic style
- Brown-beige kitchen in Art Deco style
- Brown-beige kitchen in country style
Shades of beige
The next selection of photos is devoted to a monochrome palette, when everything is beige in the interior: beige curtains, appliances, floors, wallpaper, etc.
- If you want to withstand the design of the kitchen in exceptionally beige tones, then the use of patterns, textures and textures will help to diversify the interior. For example, you can hang beige curtains with a pattern or drapery, glue wallpaper textured or with a pattern, to peel an apron with a "boar" or mosaic, пол отделать плиткой с декором or фактурным деревом, фасады выбрать глянцевые, со стеклянными вставками or филенками, а технику с фурнитурой под бронзу or золото и т.д.
Beige wallpaper in the interior of the dining area
Beige dining rooms
Apron Boar and mosaic in the interior of beige kitchen
- kitchen in neoclassic style with patinated facades
- Kitchen cremovo color
- kitchen in classic style
Combination with white color
White color paired with beige is the most universal combination, which often becomes the base for inclusion in the interior of bright colors. However, sometimes this neutral combination is used as a full scale, built on a game of shades and textures.
Combination with black
The contrast of black with beige in the interior of the kitchen in any style will look stylish and not beaten.
In the photo below, modern interiors of kitchens in a beige-black palette.
Here is an example of elegant beige interiors with black accents in the Art Deco style.
Combination with blue and blue
As you know, the most harmonious combination of colors was created by nature itself. Remember the sandy beaches and azure sea and you will understand why all shades of beige are in harmony with blue and blue colors. In this pair of blue and blue colors cool beige shades, and the interior is perfectly balanced.
The next selection of photos shows beige-blue kitchens in a classic style.
A small beige-blue dining room.
More about the blue color in the interior of the kitchen.
Combination with red
Calm beige on the background and impulsive red in accents - not the most common, but effective complementary contrast combination. The main thing here is to properly withstand the proportions.
Red and beige in the interior of the classic kitchen-living room.
Kitchen in the style of Provence with "warm" beige curtains, floor, wallpaper in combination with a "warm" red accent in the form of an island.
Red and beige kitchen in loft style.
Combination with green
Еще одна успокаивающая глаза гамма – бежево-зеленая. В зависимости от оттенка зеленого or дополнительных цветовых пятен можно формировать современный or классический вид интерьера.
A small olive-beige kitchen in English style on a green background and wallpaper in a cage.
Another small beige-green country kitchen with beige walls, an apron, retro-style appliances, a green suite and curtains in a cage.
Modern small gray-beige kitchen with green and pink accents.
Here is an example of a modern dining room in a classic style with lots of green accents on a beige background.
Combination with yellow
This warm combination looks good in the interior of the kitchen, if you add cooling colors to it, for example, blue, blue, fresh green.
Add coolness can and glossy or glass surfaces, for example, facades, apron, lamps as in the photo below.
Combination with orange
This is also a very warm combination, which needs to be balanced by illuminating accents.
And in the next photo slider is presented a beautiful interior of beige cuisine in the style of Russian country with orange and blue accents.