From the physical point of view, black color can not be called a color, since it is rather ... its absence. But from the standpoint of interior design, black is one of the most important, strong and at the same time ambiguous elements of the palette. Let's find out in what dose its use is acceptable and how to properly decorate the interior of the black kitchen, as well as kitchens with furniture in wenge color, dark walnut, etc.
Features of interaction with space
It is more suitable for: large and bright spaces, men's bachelor kitchens, as well as cuisines in Scandinavian style, art deco, high-tech, industrial, contemporary and minimalism (pictured).
Positive properties: balances all colors in the spectrum and, at the same time, emphasizes them in accordance with the principle of contrast. Nature itself used a combination of black with bright colors for the coloring of dangerous bees, wasps and tigers, and man - for creating attention-grabbing road signs and warning signs. On a black background, everything is clear. In addition, this color is combined with all the colors of the rainbow due to its neutrality, and also looks great with chrome, steel and black surfaces of household appliances, which in the kitchen is always a lot. There is another unique property - it can visually remove objects or surfaces. So, the black ceiling in the kitchen, oddly enough, will not seem low, and if three walls are glued on white wallpaper, and one - black, then the kitchen even in a small Khrushchev will become visually wider and larger.
And designers use black color when they want to add a note of glamor, luxury and elegance to the interior. Keep in mind that he seems refined only in moderation, while in a large one he looks frightening. The photo below shows a beautiful example of the design of black cuisine in the Art Deco style.
Negative properties: in large arrays, he begins to oppress and even drive into depression, in addition, he can visually reduce space and "weight" objects. And if you think that the kitchen of black color will be less dirty, then we rush to dissuade you: on dark surfaces, for example, on the floor or apron in wenge color, fat coating, dust, crumbs and dirt are noticeable no less than on a light surface, and maybe even more.
- If you are not ready to regularly wipe facades and aprons, then avoid matte facades, and no less glossy ones;
- If you still decide on a black apron, then let it be practical tile or stone without gloss;
- The black floor is particularly noteworthy. If you really want, then it's better to put on it a "chess" tile or tile with black inserts, for example, in this combined kitchen in the Moscow Khrushchev in the photo below.
- If you do not want to spend a lot of time caring for the suite, then the best choice will be a black and white kitchen, that is, a set with a dark bottom and a light top or vice versa. Examples of cuisine in black and white are presented in the next selection of photos.
And here is a photo of kitchens with a black top and a white bottom.
See also: 11 design tips for the design of black and white cuisine.
Rules and Recommendations
- Monochrome black interior is unacceptable, but dark colors may well dominate, if you have a large and well-lit kitchen, and you are ready for a very extravagant atmosphere.
In other cases, it is better to use it as a background or an additional color accent.
- In the interior of a small kitchen, for example, in Khrushchev, черный дизайн кухни вполне уместен, но в меру: если на стене, то только на одной, если в гарнитуре – то только вверху или низу, если на полу – то только на нем и в декоре. На фото ниже пол на кухне-гостиной in Khrushchev отделан темной плиткой в тон акцентной стены.
- To two basic colors, always add a third - counterbalancing or, conversely, an animating shade. For example, red-black cuisine needs contrasting white, and black and white can be supplemented with absolutely any rainbow colors, but some combinations will be especially successful. This topic is the subject of the next chapter of this article.
- Normal wallpaper can replace black and white Wall-papers or fashionable today chalk wallpaper;
- Black kitchen will become even more stylish and luxurious, if you inscribe into the interior gold accessories and accessories. Examples of such decor are shown in the photo below.
6 successful combinations
And now let's consider the most successful color combinations.
Black and white gamma
White color is better than others to neutralize the gloom of the black interior and compensate for its property visually weight objects. We suggest you look at a selection of photos of kitchens with black and white in different proportions and aged in different styles.
Let's start, perhaps, with black and white kitchens and dining rooms in classical style and art deco.
Interior of the kitchen in the style of Contemporary with Carrara marble in an apron.
Kitchen in the style of the country can also be dark.
Interiors in the Scandinavian style are most often decorated in contrasting colors.
A selection of photos for those who plan to paste a black or black and white wallpaper on the walls of the kitchen or dining room (turn the photo to the right).
And here are examples of kitchen interiors with a floor finished in black and white tiles.
A selection of kitchens with original black and black and white aprons.
Combination with red
This combination often requires the addition of a white component, otherwise the situation in the kitchen will be too aggressive. More information about red color read in the material: Red color in the interior of the kitchen: 5 tips and 85 inspirational photos.
Combination with brown, beige, woody hues
This is the second successful and also quite common combination. Brown can make a pair of black in the form of wooden furniture, wood floor, beige, brown, brick walls, brown tiles in an apron or on the floor, etc.
Very interesting can look the kitchen with the facades of "Zebrano".
Elegant combination of black with a bleached tree.
In the trend, a combination of dark shades with beige, olive tones.
And finally, an example of a black kitchen on a brick wall background.
Combination with gray shades
Gray is a weakly saturated black color, they harmoniously coexist with each other, but need additional color spots: white, pink, blue, brown, gold and red.
Combination with pink and purple
In this union, black color becomes less serious, and pink - less infantile and obtrusive.
More about the pink color in the interior of the kitchen.
Combination with blue and blue
Blue-black scale in interior design can be found much less often than all other combinations. But this is a very effective union, which can be diluted with white and brown ingredients.