If your dishwasher breaks down - does not turn on or badly launder the dishes, then do not rush to call the repairman. After all, most of the failures can be eliminated with their own hands. However, first we need to understand how the device works, what major elements of it could fail.
Principle of operation
Of course, before repairing our own hands, we will need an instruction. If we talk about the principle of operation in general, it is worthwhile to know that in each machine there are several standard modes with a similar algorithm - and the sequence of operations (like the principle of execution) will not differ significantly depending on the model.
The instruction describes the following operations:
- The machine is pumped from the central network through a salt softener.
- The flow of water comes under pressure through the filter and is regulated by a special float valve.
- When the machine has collected enough water, the supply is cut off and the heating starts.
- Water after heating is pumped to the working chamber by pomp and splashed through the upper and lower elements.
- The waste water is purified in a 2-stage filtration system, after which it is again used for washing.
- During the washing, a special powder is added.
- Water is used "in a circle" several times and only at the very end of the machine it merges. The drain is also provided by a special pump.
- When the washing process is finished, drying is carried out - it can be condensing or turbo. In the latter case, the process is faster, since a fan is used for drying.
Briefly, the whole process looks like this: water intake, preliminary and main washes, draining, drying.
Advice! If the user's manual is lost, download it on the manufacturer's website or any major hardware store.
Problem 1. The dishes are badly washed, left with stains, dirt, plaque, white film or stickiness
If the dishes after washing have an unsatisfactory appearance, this does not mean that the dishwasher needs repair.
First make sure that:
- the machine is not overloaded;
- dishes, including cutlery loaded correctly - do not interfere with the rotation of the nozzles and do not block the dispenser (dispenser dishwashing liquid);
- the water is clean;
- cleaning agent is not spoiled.
If you are sure that the problem is not in this, then we understand further what we can do on our own:
- If there are stains and white stains on the dishes, then it makes sense to give up all-in-one tablets because they do not guarantee perfect quality, especially if the tap water is too stiff.
- Defects of the "appearance" of dishes after washing can signal that there is not enough rinse aid or salt for the normal passage of the process.
- If the rinse aid is too much, then the dishes will be cloudy. An increased amount of rinse aid provokes the production of too much foam, which can be suppressed by a powder. Or, you need to configure the dispenser. Start washing the dishes again, but with less rinse aid and for a shorter time.
- The nozzles of the rotating rocker can become clogged - they are cleaned under running water.
- Perhaps you have chosen the wrong program, choose another one - more intensive.
- Dark stains on the dishes can be formed due to the proximity to the aluminum dishes during the washing process. The stains are easily washed with abrasive products by hand.
- A brown or yellowish coating occurs due to the deposition of glands that are contained in tap water. In this case, you need to put the appropriate filter. This must be done by a plumber.
Problem 2. Water flooded the bottom of the machine or leaks
If the water has flooded the bottom, then repair is not required in this case - in most cases the reason for this is the clogged filters.
In the bottom area there are filters - in the place where the drain passes. They get it simply, the instruction is not needed here. It is desirable to clean them before each start of the machine.
The accumulation of a small amount of pure water around the outlet opening of the compartment at the rear of it is normal. Thus, the seals remain wet.
If water or foam flows, it is most likely the cause in the overcrowded dispenser or spilled rinse aid, due to which foam has formed.
The resulting puddle should be simply wiped off and next time do not overfill the dispenser. In other cases, the problem may be the wear / damage of the gaskets or pipes.
Problem 3. The machine does not work, noisy, the drain pump does not turn off or steam comes out
- If the machine does not start, and you are sure that the outlet to which the machine is connected is functioning correctly, and the activation is correct, the problem may be in the low head of water, then check the connections of all hoses and make sure that the tap is open.
If the programmer is faulty, then neither the manual nor the repairs by their own hands will help - only a specialized workshop.
Also check that the door closes tightly, the snap mechanism may have broken. In this case, it is also better not to repair the machine yourself, but to contact the service center.
- If the drain pump does not turn off, it means that you rebooted the machine, as a result of which it automatically shut off the circulation pump and turned on the drain pump;
- Do not be frightened by the steam coming out of the dishwasher - this is normal during drying or draining the water;
- Noise from the machine can occur during the process of grinding food and dispensers - this is normal. If you have not used a typewriter for a long time, the noise can be emitted by the motor. In the future, try to pour and pour water out of the car from time to time or wash dishes in it once a week, so that the pads remain moist. In addition, the cause of noise can be a small object that has fallen into the basket or poorly fixed cutlery.
Attention! Стук может быть и сигналом к ремонту, тогда заменяются изношенные и поврежденные детали:
- Damaged bearings of rotating rocker arms;
- Bearings of the main or drain pump - then the knocking will occur periodically or only at the end of each cycle, when the drain is being performed.
If you are convinced that after all the car needs serious repairs in the service center, the first thing you should do when the dishwasher is broken is to dismantle it. You can do it yourself. To do this, the power supply is disconnected, the water supply hose and the drainage channel are disconnected. You will also need a schematic instruction to perform the front panel removal - only so you can access the controls. The lower cover also has to be removed on its own - this will provide access to the pump, hoses, valves and engine.
Which parts most often fail
Most often the float switch breaks down - the electrical device in the floor of the machine. It is a float in the form of a plastic cylinder, located inside the chamber and popping up when the water completely fills the machine. The switch can block water - in this case, the instruction recommends repairing it or replacing it.
Valves may also be faulty. The inlet valve is located on the bottom - it can clog and not allow water to flow. Malfunctions of the dishwasher can also occur due to a breakdown in the electromagnetic control coil.
If your car is equipped with a motor without reversing, then another valve will be installed in it, which drains the water. Their malfunctions should be eliminated by specialists.
There may be problems with the nebulizer, although this is usually a rarity. Most often they arise because of too hard water or because of contamination with food debris.
And such breakdowns as a burnt out engine or malfunction in a pump that provides drainage or flow require qualified intervention.
Problems can also occur during the drying phase. Here, an electric heating element may be burned or the fan can be damaged (it requires lubrication, cleaning, replacement). If the thermostat fails, it is not repaired, but replaced.(Rate the material! Already voted:12 average rating: 4,33 of 5) Loading...
Support the project - share the material with your friends in social networks: