Interior design is a fascinating and responsible occupation. Correctly organized space will not only provide a comfortable stay in the room, but also will make you feel truly at home: surrounded by comfort, warmth and a sense of moral satisfaction.
One of the important design details is curtains. Selecting this detail of the interior is important to choose the right fabric, the density of the fabric, the texture of the fabric and of course the color.
Universal, in terms of design, the color is brown. Light woody shades or deep saturated chocolate color? Brown from ancient is considered the color of the earth, wood. Also, the association associates this color with the skin and stone. Symbolizes the family hearth and safety. Also brown - the color of stability, loyalty and reliability.
Brown curtains in the interior will look as laconic as the furniture made of wood or parquet. Warm wood or chocolate colors will give the interior additional comfort, harmony and a feeling of unity with nature and yourself.
In terms of color, brown is very convenient to use. It is an excellent background, contributes to a harmonious combination of other interior details, and does not delay the excessive attention.
- For or against?
- Which interior will easily take such a detail as curtains in brown tones?
- Photo of an ideal combination of interior with brown curtains
For or against?
Having a window opening in this color it is important to know that brown curtains can show themselves both on the positive side and with the negative side.
The positive properties of the brown curtain in the interior:
- Curtains of brown color, as a rule, are sewed from dense heavy fabric, than provide good darkness of a room;
- Light, from the window passing through such curtains, scatter brown shades throughout the room, which visually makes the interior even warmer and cozy;
- From the point of view of psychology, dense dark brown curtains provide a sense of isolation from the outside world and, accordingly, security and safety;
- The whole palette of brown shades is so universal that problems with a combination simply can not be;
- Brown transforms the interior, enriches it with such qualities as nobility and refinement. Strengthen the effect and thereby emphasize the high status of the house, giving preference to fabrics with satin, silk or metallic luster.
Among the disadvantages of such nuances as:
- Dimming the room with heavy curtains always has the risk of getting dark gloomy surroundings;
- If there are concerns about visual diminution of space, then it is not worth the room with curtains of brown shades to make dark furniture;
- Metal shine or brownish-gray (coffee) draperies can give the room an excessive coolness, which not all will be relevant, although for a bedroom this is an excellent quality. Designed curtains, decorated with drapery decorate the interior and help fence off street lighting, interfering with sleep.
Which interior will easily take such a detail as curtains in brown tones?
In a small room, for example, a compact kitchen, brown curtains will not be entirely appropriate, since an already diminutive space risks becoming similar to a dark closet, while spacious bright rooms (a bedroom, a living room, a wide kitchen, etc.) can be boldly decorated curtains brown tones.
The appointment of some rooms also implies the absence of dark interior elements, such as a children's room. Having curtained the window with a child's tight dark curtain, one can not affect the psychological state of the child in the best way. It is better to give preference to other, lighter colors.
If the room's area does not allow you to hang heavy chocolate-colored curtains, you should consider options for light brown curtains, for example, beige shades.
The universality of brown color is ensured by the widespread use of wood motifs in decoration, as well as by the presence in the interior of floors or furniture from natural wood or its imitation. Deep brown color perfectly blends with light shades inherent in wood, as well as a combination of gray shades in the interior with curtains in gray-brown colors (coffee) looks good.
Brown curtains can not only add harmony, but also revitalize the achromatic design of the designer, for example, a black and white interior diluted with a brown detail. This accent is rather laconic, despite the lack of wooden motifs or similar shades in the design.
The most favorite combinations of brown curtains are caramel shades (creamy, shades of light cappuccino, beige colors, cream, etc.). For those who need visualization, the article is selected (on the Internet there are) a lot of Photos of brown curtains.
On a note:
Bright accents that fit well into the interior with curtains of brown scale can become such colors as:
- Ceiling curtains - 110 photos of ideas for a modern interior
- Curtains of 2017 - photos of the most fashionable novelties of the season
- How to hang curtains - step by step instruction with a photo and a message
4. The turquoise;
7. Light shades of purple;
8. Light green colors;
9. Light blue shades.
Photo of an ideal combination of interior with brown curtains
- Green curtains - how to decorate a calm and gentle interior (70 photos)
- Turquoise curtains - 70 photos of ideas in the interior
- Curtains Provence - photo ideas of beautiful design and combination in the interior
- Roller blinds on plastic windows - 78 photos of ideas in the interior
- Curtain design - 150 photos of the best design ideas in the interior
- Modern curtains in the kitchen - 135 photos of novelties in the interior