"Ceiling curtains" - a broad and exaggerated concept, it includes all the curtains that are attached to the ceiling. So, they can relate to:
- ceiling curtains in the hall in the form of fabric drapery, decorating the space of the room;
- curtains on the cornice, which is attached to the ceiling;
- pleated curtains.
- Draped Ceilings
- Pleated curtains
- Curtains on the ceiling cornice
- Pros and cons of the ceiling curtains
- Curtains sliding
- Japanese curtains
- Roman curtains
- On which cornice to install the ceiling curtains?
- Photo of ceiling curtains in the interior
Curtains in the form of textile ceiling hangings allow to create in the room an atmosphere of idleness and at the same time luxury. Often, this decoration is used for decorating a banquet hall, a wedding and other solemn events, as it is unusual for its unusual.
With the help of hanging draped ceilings, you can create a home cosiness. Especially this applies to those who want to turn their room into an oriental tale or like the style of Empire.
Textile drapery must be distinguished from stretch ceilings made of fabric. The latter have an even shape and are rigidly attached to the ceiling without sagging. Draped have the same curvy shapes and folds.
They are a corrugated fabric with special mechanisms. Used in the performance of complex and unusual interiors. Can be applied completely to any shape and arrangement of windows (horizontal / vertical).
Curtains pleated give the room a certain zest and organically fit into any interior.
Curtains on the ceiling cornice
The most optimal option for decorating both window and door openings. They are an alternative to curtains on the wall cornice, but look deeper. Sometimes, due to necessity, they are the only available option (for example, if the exit to the veranda has a continuous glazing from floor to ceiling).
Pros and cons of the ceiling curtains
The choice for your interior of ceiling curtains has the following advantages:
- they are easy to install;
- perfectly hide all the defects in the ceiling, as well as the communications passing through it;
- comparatively not expensive;
- look beautiful.
But there are also disadvantages:
- due to the volume of curtains the height of the room decreases, the ceilings become lower;
- absorb odors (not recommended in a living room combined with a kitchen).
Such ceiling curtains consist of two curtains, which move apart in different directions. They are suitable for all kinds of designs, and can be selected taking into account the interior features.
Curtains can be in the form of a curtain, selected by different clips, picks, ribbons, holders, etc., and can be in the form of curtains for curtains (ceiling).
The cornice is multi-row. He hangs a curtain with a weighting on the end, so that the canvas was flat, without a single fold. These curtains can be deployed either manually or by means of special mechanisms.
This is a canvas that is attached to the lifting cornice, and directly the cornice itself is attached to the ceiling or wall. It has a lifting mechanism, not bulky, suitable for small spaces with large window openings.
On which cornice to install the ceiling curtains?
There are several types of cornices:
- Cornice with internal rail. Suitable for design in minimalist style, as they are not noticeable at all. They can have both two and one row. Curtains on such a cornice is better to hang without additional "weighting" lambrequins and baguettes.
- Cornice with external rail. It has only one row and it has special flexibility.
- Cornice "tire". This is the most popular option - a bar with one, two or even three row rails. Ideal for any interior.
Special stylistic solutions require completely cover the cornice. For such purposes, there are different baguette straps.
Photo of ceiling curtains in the interior
- Curtains of 2017 - photos of the most fashionable novelties of the season
- How to hang curtains - step by step instruction with a photo and a message
- Green curtains - how to decorate a calm and gentle interior (70 photos)
- Turquoise curtains - 70 photos of ideas in the interior
- Curtains Provence - photo ideas of beautiful design and combination in the interior
- Roller blinds on plastic windows - 78 photos of ideas in the interior
- Curtain design - 150 photos of the best design ideas in the interior
- Modern curtains in the kitchen - 135 photos of novelties in the interior
- How to sew curtains with your own hands - step by step instruction for beginners with photo and description