The kitchen corner for a small kitchen is a great way to rationalize the use of space. After all, this is a universal, comfortable and very functional furniture - it's not for nothing that the corners are very popular in our country. The traditional dinette includes a corner sofa section with a comfortable seat, stools or chairs, and a table. The photo below shows the corners of domestic production - available from chipboard and leather, as well as models of solid wood and fabric.
However, today the kitchen corner can be called not only the corner section, but also a dining group with a small sofa, or rather a sofa, as well as a banquet without a backrest (pictured below), a bench or a bench.
Or as, for example, this kitchen corner from a file of a beech (model Orion) from the Russian manufacturer Wood Craft.
Today we will look at the ready-made soft corners, and also tell you what other interesting options for dining groups you can order, make by yourself or find something similar in the store.
Kitchen corners have obvious advantages:
- space is used rationally;
- all family members will certainly fit at the same table;
- sofa corners, as a rule, have a backrest with a soft upholstery, on which it is pleasant to lean;
- under the corner can be provided boxes for storing different utensils;
- some benches and sofas can easily turn into a sleeper;
- with the help of such furniture it is easy to zonate space regardless of the size of the room.
A little bit about the size and location
- The dimensions and location of the kitchen corner should be such that the passages from the dining room to other furniture (for example, the kitchen set) are about 90-100 cm, and in order for you to sit comfortably and get up from the table, the distance from the table to walls / furniture should be at least 80 cm.
- The depth of sitting is about 50 cm - the most comfortable for an average adult complexion.
- Near the front door, near a refrigerator, sink or stove - all these are not the best options for placing furniture, the ideal option is at the window.
- A great way to beat oriel, attached balcony or niche - to build a sofa in there.
Choose the upholstery
The most important thing that you need to pay attention to when purchasing a soft corner is the upholstery, which can, how to spoil the appearance of furniture and interior, and decorate it.
- Keep in mind that some models are equipped only with foam pads, and you can choose the color and texture of the cover yourself and change the design for the season and mood.
- In addition, you can use the same fabric for sewing upholstery with your own hands, as for curtains or the most similar in color, creating a single textile set for the kitchen.
As for modern upholstery materials, they are often synthetic and characterized by practicality, ease of care and resistance to burnout. Among the popular materials is worth noting:
- Chenil, plush, jacquard and velor are popular and common coverings;
- Microfiber with protective Teflon coating - wear-resistant material with good color stability;
- Flock - practical, but somewhat less wear-resistant than microfiber. Important! Only a qualitative flock with a short pile and a diagonal weave is allowed - if the fabric is interwoven with the fibers transversely-longitudinal, it will very quickly lose its original appearance;
- Skin - durable and easy to care, but quite specific in terms of design;
- Eco-leather is a popular substitute for natural material. It differs by its fire resistance, breathing structure, it imitates the natural skin well.
On furniture with a solid surface, such as benches, put pillows that can be sewn by hand and changed from time to time. This "garden" option today in a trend in urban apartments. Look at the photos - the benches and the sofa corners with the pillows look very cozy.
If you make a soft corner with your own hands, and if you buy ready-made furniture, you need to understand the differences in existing types of fillers.
- As a rule, for the seats use sintepon or foam rubber, but the highest comfort is provided by polyurethane foam. The same material is also the most durable.
In addition, it demonstrates excellent indicators of moisture and heat transfer and does not deform as a result of prolonged operation. You can choose not only the type, but also the rigidity of the filler. At the moment, a classification of six groups is used:
- E (ST) - normal rigidity;
- EL - increased;
- HL - hard;
- ER - мягкий;
- HS - hyper soft;
- HR - high elasticity.
The best fillers can last about 10 years. More solid is considered only furniture with spring blocks.
Materials and Design
Choosing a corner in the kitchen, you should consider the color and design. On this depends how harmonious will the interior of the kitchen. A practicality of furniture is provided by properly selected material. Here are common options:
- Particleboard is the simplest and budgetary option that imitates wood, but can be of any other color due to laminated protective coating. On reliability, of course, chipboard is much inferior to furniture made of wood and can last only 5 years. To an inexpensive corner made of chipboard looked "nobler", choose a quality upholstery of neutral colors from quality natural or close to them fabrics. For example, such as in the photo below.
- Woody massif. This corner is reliable, and very beautiful, but it is much more expensive. The most common wood species for kitchen furniture are oak, beech, pine or birch.
The dining corner of wood is often carved.
Nuances of choice of design
Before you buy such furniture, you need to correctly assess the proportions of the room, the main design direction, the location of the kit and its desired functional features.
Take into account that it can be in the form of a single piece as in the photo above or in the form of separate parts, each of which is a complete subject. For example, you can make a kitchen corner of two small sofas, as in the photo below.
By the way, about sofas and sofas. In the kitchen of 10 square. m even this full sofa can fit.
And here are other ideas, how you can make a kitchenette with a sofa for a small kitchen.
The kitchen corner for a small kitchen is an excellent place for storing things, so kitchen couches are equipped with boxes that can withstand loads of up to 100 kg.
The table for the kitchen corner is better to choose on one leg, so it will be easier for sitting to sit down and stand up.