Modern chandeliers for the kitchen amaze with a variety of colors and styles of execution. Lighting is an important part of a thoughtful design. Having created the right lighting, you will make your kitchen cozy, comfortable and beautiful. From this article you will learn what chandeliers can be, how to choose it in accordance with the style of decorating the kitchen, what you need to consider when choosing kitchen lighting.
Types of chandelier designs
- Suspended chandeliers: this is one or more plafonds, fixed on a cord, string or string. Traditional for the kitchen option - a lamp with a shade, it is usually hung over the table and, as a rule, for small kitchen one light source is enough. Chandelier plafones can be made of glass, plastic, fabric and even paper. The variety of shapes and stylistic solutions makes this type of chandelier almost universal.
- Ceiling chandeliers: идеальный вариант для small kitchen с невысоким потолком. Плафон такой люстры может быть полупрозрачным (матовым) или совсем прозрачным. Существуют как обычные белые, так и цветные варианты. Форма потолочных моделей, как правило, строгая, геометрическая (круг, квадрат), однако встречаются и оригинальные вариации дизайна: конструкции, напоминающие корону, дерево, цветок или еще более сложную фигуру.
- A separate type of chandelier - classical. Such chandeliers look luxurious, they are distinguished by refinement of performance and elegance combined with chic and some pretentiousness.
- Classic - such chandeliers are exquisite and elegant, their popularity is not lost with the years, and the form is suitable for kitchens in a classic style and country. You can find forged classic chandeliers, models with glass elements, pendant chains, a common option - an imitation lamp with candles;
- Modern These are universal lamps that are suitable for both kitchen in a minimalist style or a classic performance, and for a cozy chalet or elegant interior in Scandinavian style. Ceiling chandeliers in the Art Nouveau style are restrained colors, simple shapes and unobtrusive originality;
- Candelabra - Now they are often made of available materials of plastic and glass, although the traditional material for candelabra is the crystal. Such a chic chandelier is appropriate in the kitchen in the Art Nouveau style, shibby chick, chalets, classic, provence;
- High Tech / Techno - this type of chandelier is often ceiling, than suspended. They are made in cold shades and in strict, graphic geometric forms. As for materials, then, as a rule, it is metal, plastic, glass;
- Floristics - это элегантная и красивая конструкция, украшенная ветками, цветами, листьями. Она может быть выполнена из металла, дерева, может содержать элементы из стекла и пластика. Флористическая люстра подойдет для кухни в стиле прованс, кантри, классика, shibby chick;
- Tiffany - роскошные люстры создают из стекла, их украшают витражной росписью или делают мозаичными (из кусочков цветного стекла). Светильники Tiffany гармонично впишутся в интерьер кухни в стиле классика, тиффани и кантри;
- Loft - такие светильники для кухни имитируют уличные фонари, их исполнение – это нарочито грубый стиль, иногда с винтажными мотивами. Это прекрасный выбор для кухни в Scandinavian style или стилях loft, кантри, shibby chick;
- Minimalism - строгая люстра без яркого декора, характерны лаконичные геометрические формы и сдержанная цветовая гамма. Минималистские светильники подходят для кухонь в Scandinavian style, а также, для High-tech kitchens и loft;
- Eco-style - A simple chandelier made of natural materials (wood, paper, fabric). Beautiful and interesting watches wicker models. To design such a chandelier, you can use branches, dried flowers and leaves, small stones, so you can make an eco-lantern yourself. Such a chandelier will fit into the kitchen interior not only in the style of eco, but also country, provence, classics and ethno.
Comfortable kitchen lighting - how to create?
A chandelier in the kitchen is not just a source of light, but also an element of decor that creates a cozy atmosphere. In the kitchen should be light and comfortable, that is, well-lit should be both working areas, and the zone of food intake.
- Chandeliers for the kitchen with adjustable lighting conditions are an excellent opportunity to save energy and use the lighting as much as possible;
- Lighting in the room should be comfortable for the eyes: too bright or dim light is tiring for the eyes. On average, the norm of illumination in the kitchen is as follows: 12-40 Watt per square meter. meter (incandescent lamp), 30-35 watts per square meter. meter (halogen lamps), from 8 watts per square meter. meter (fluorescent lamps);
- The darker the kitchen interior, the more powerful lamps are needed to illuminate the room;
- If the kitchen is large, then it is worth giving preference to a multi-hanging suspended chandelier, and for small kitchens, ceiling or one-hanging pendants are suitable;
- With the help of lighting you can zoning the room. You can hang the chandelier over the table, and illuminate the work area with spot lights. If the kitchen and dining room are combined, it is reasonable to install two chandeliers (or a chandelier above the dining area and a spotlight above the kitchen area): the chandelier above the dining area should be larger and more visible than in the kitchen area;
- In the design of modern cuisine you can do without chandelier: the area above the bar can be illuminated with a stylish wall lamp, the working area is illuminated with hidden ceiling light sources, and on the perimeter of the kitchen you can place spotlights.
Which lamp to choose?
There are several types of lamps, each of which has its own merits and demerits.
- Incandescent lamps: to their pluses it is possible to carry the low price, pleasant warm light, availability, a minus - rather short service life;
- Fluorescent lamps: The advantages of such lamps are bright light, but the light of such lamps can be tiring for the eyes, in addition, sometimes such lamps noticeably "blink" because of voltage drops;
- Halogen lamps: these lamps serve for a very long time, but they are sufficiently heated, expensive, and their disposal must be carried out in accordance with certain rules;
- LED lamp: they are expensive, but they are durable, economical, diverse (in terms of color) and very practical (they do not heat up, they serve for a long time and can be used both for luminaires and as independent sources of light and illumination).
The choice of the lamp depends on the material from which the chandelier is made, the style of decorating the kitchen, as well as your preferences (not everyone, for example, like LED lighting) and financial possibilities.
Materials of chandeliers for the kitchen
- When choosing a chandelier, keep in mind that the lower it will hang, the better the materials, parts and accessories from which it is made. A low-hanging chandelier should be good both from the outside and from the inside. If it will hang high, then you can not buy a model from expensive materials. For example, a crystal candelabrum can be replaced with a candelabra made of glass or even plastic;
- Chandelier in the kitchen should not be a brand, so a glass or plastic model is preferable to fabric;
- Wooden chandelier is covered with varnish, and metal - with mastic;
- Choose such chandeliers for the kitchen, which can be exposed to a lot of soapy water. Paper lamps are the most impractical: they can not be cleaned without damaging them. In addition, such chandeliers, as a rule, are quite large (so that the paper is located at a sufficiently large distance from the lamp), which is not suitable for every kitchen. Another disadvantage: paper lamps give diffuse light - this is not the best option for the kitchen, although they look beautiful;
- Forged models must often be wiped from dust: in their bends, curls and joints, dust accumulates constantly;
- Simple ceiling luminaires made of glass or plastic geometric shapes are great for the kitchen: they are easy to care for.
Chandelier and size of kitchen
The chandelier should harmoniously fit into the kitchen space not only in style, but also in size.
- For a small kitchen area or kitchens with low ceilings are suitable ceiling chandeliers: the suspension will look cumbersome and visually make the ceiling even lower;
- Long hangers with small shades are perfect for narrow, elongated kitchens, they will give the room a stylish appearance, and the right amount of light bulbs will evenly illuminate the entire space;
- Large kitchens and classical chandeliers, massive pendants, crystal candelabra created for each other. Ceiling fixtures can also look harmonious in the space of a large kitchen. An interesting option for a spacious kitchen will be a multi-level model: like a luxurious chandelier or a refined classical chandelier made of crystal and metal, as well as glass or wicker spheres or an elegant and lush floral pattern;
Pendant and ceiling, glass and forged, laconic and chic - different chandeliers can create a special atmosphere in the kitchen, make the room higher and brighter or, on the contrary, give it a mystery and coziness.
We wish you, that in your kitchen there is always a lot of light, warmth and beauty.