Our grandmothers even had no idea about the modern countertop in the kitchen. Some lockers had separate countertops or used the same dining table to cut food. Now, when progress has brought to the kitchen countertops, cooking has become much more convenient. If you do not know what to choose, then on the Internet you can easily see the photo of the countertop for the kitchen.
The worktops brought many amenities to modern women:
- The working surface has increased, in addition does not occupy a separate space;
- The negative impact of moisture has decreased, due to the fact that the joints are tightly sealed with sealants;
- a variety of materials helps to satisfy even the most interesting design solutions.
If you order a kitchen, then the right choice of countertop will be an important attribute.
- Choice of countertops
- Materials for countertops
- Color Solutions
- How to take into account the material when choosing the style of the room
- 55 photos of beautiful kitchen worktops
Choice of countertops
Thanks to the variety of materials, the table top not only makes life easier for the hostess, but also emphasizes the interior, makes it bright or vice versa - will muffle the tone of the room. Also, in terms of functionality, the table tops are durable, comfortable to clean and hygienic. If you do not know what table top to choose for the kitchen, so that it looked organic in the kitchen interior, you need to take into account some of the nuances:
- Compatibility with the chosen design of the room;
- the size of the countertop for the kitchen, the thickness and shape;
- the color of the countertop.
Materials for countertops
For the production of countertops, the following materials can be used:
1. Wood particle board (EAF). This is one of the most common and budgetary options. Due to its lightness and variety of colors, it can be used in any design solutions. On top of the plate covered with a special protective film, so the countertop in the kitchen from the chipboard is not afraid of moisture, but terrible cuts and mechanical damage. After all, when the moisture gets to the damaged place, the plate immediately swells and deforms. Read: Kitchen with their own hands: lay-out, assembly and installation of kitchen furniture, facades, (75 photo kitchen design)
2. MDF (direct competitor of particleboard). In contrast to chipboard, MDF boards are more reliable and are not afraid of moisture. And if the countertops are also finished with veneer, it does not differ much from a real tree.
3. Plastic. Tops from MDF on top of plastic. This gives the scope of design imagination and will satisfy any requests for shapes and colors. But such countertops "fear" hot.
4. Stainless steel. The worktop made of stainless steel will serve its owners for a long time. However, this is an expensive material. Although the price will depend on the thickness of the sheet, the quality of the metal, the specularity.
5. Glass or acrylic is suitable for modern or futuristic design. Although such a table top will be shockproof, but will still be afraid of mechanical influences
6. Artificial stone will be a price alternative to glass. External beauty and durability have made artificial countertops for the kitchen popular. The main demanded solutions are marble countertops.
7. Natural stone is used in the manufacture of table tops mainly for exclusive orders. Such products will be almost eternal do not require special care. Ordering the countertop of marble, granite or sandstone, you need to take into account the thickness of the future countertop. After all, a thin canvas is prone to cracks and cracks.
If you have already decided on the material for the countertop, then it's time to pick up the color for it. After all, the colors of kitchen countertops should not violate the ensemble of the room and be perceived as a single whole with the kitchen.
If the kitchen cabinets are made in dark colors, then a light or white table top will look good. When the kitchen is executed in light colors, then it is nice to look at the dark table top or generally black. Also, white or shaded surfaces are combined well with colored kitchens.
It is important to take into account also the color and material of the kitchen apron. For example, an interesting idea, when the apron and table top are made of the same color and materials, but different in texture. Also, in more classic interiors, you can beat the contrasting color solution of the table top and apron. Read: Apron for the kitchen, all kinds of aprons, description (120 photos)
How to take into account the material when choosing the style of the room
In order that the kitchen furniture is in harmony with the table top, first of all it is necessary that the table top material should correspond to the conceived style. So, kitchen countertops for kitchen from chipboard and MDF can be made of any color and texture, which will suit almost every interior. In restrained styles it is better to use plastic countertops, in minimalism and high tech glass or artificial stone will look organically, especially in interesting design (for example, a criminal countertop for the kitchen). Classics are combined with stone or natural wood. Country style is also not imaginable without stone countertops.
The kitchen is the place where the family spends most of the time, and the woman, and in general, a minimum of one-third of free time. If you are still struggling with the question of which countertop to choose for the kitchen, then first of all choose the one that you like.
55 photos of beautiful kitchen worktops
- Cabinet for the kitchen - how to make the right choice? (125 photos of cabinets in the kitchen)
- Black kitchen - 100 best photo ideas for black kitchen design and color combinations
- Facades for the kitchen - the best ideas of beautiful facades in the interior of the kitchen (70 photos)
- Corner kitchens: TOP-115 photo perfect interior with corner kitchen
- Stylish kitchens - 5 ideas on 110 photos. Original design projects for a stylish kitchen
- Walls in the kitchen - 105 photos of the perfect options for decoration and decoration of the walls
- Glass kitchens: facades, apron, tables - 80 photos of the best design ideas for kitchen design
- Gray kitchen - Nobility and elegance of the kitchen interior in gray tones (75 pics)
- Floor in the kitchen - 105 photos of the ideal floor in the interior of the kitchen